Front-end Jobs nearAtlanta, GA
Website WordPress Developer
You would be supporting our clients with their website needs, including making CSS changes, changing layout, and adding new features and functionality.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Freshdesk for tech support tickets and Slack for team communication. There are occasionally some team meetings done via Zoom.
You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
You decide what you want your hours to be. You just need to communicate with the team regularly.
You get paid on an hourly basis. This is a contract position and payments are made every two weeks, in accordance with our payroll schedule.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 20-35 hours per week. Requests vary in scope and size and some take longer than others.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least twelve months.
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call. We are hiring multiple team members, based upon skills and experience.
Please no phone calls, emails directly to team members, LinkedIn connection requests or Facebook messages. Only applicants who have followed the instructions and applied via the form on our website or email to email@example.com will be considered.
Apply now and work remotely at Interstellar Support
Senior Software Developer
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar locations. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. Shopify was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify powers over 1,000,000 businesses in over 175 countries — and here’s how we’ve been helping more merchants survive, thrive, and navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe — and engineers play a vital role in building that future. Here are just some of the stories from the engineering teams who build and scale Shopify.
Intrigued? That’s great! We’re looking for Senior Software Developers to join our team, and maybe you’re the person we’re looking for!
What types of Senior Software Developers might be interested in joining?
At Shopify, Backend Developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code work on teams that ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking over 1 million online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of entrepreneurs will see your work within seconds – a difficult but incredibly rewarding responsibility. Shopify is the largest Ruby on Rails application in the world and we're a big part of the Rails community. We’re constantly improving our codebase to make it even better.
Mobile Development (React Native, Android & iOS)
Our Mobile Developers work along with designers and product managers to build and launch new features for our apps. You’ll work on large-scale apps that are ever-changing, enabling entrepreneurship for hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs. Our Android developers use Kotlin and our iOS developers use Swift. Our teams are increasingly working with React Native so openness to cross-platform mobile development is a plus!
Our Web Developers work closely with software engineering teams, designers and product managers to not only build incredible merchant-facing products, but also developer-facing tools. You’ll use modern technologies and frameworks like Typescript, React, GraphQL and Apollo to develop large front-end web applications that scale and perform well on all devices. Ruby on Rails is used to add and modify controllers, models, views, and integrating front-end code into a Rails application.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Collaborating with other designers and developers
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
Qualities you likely have to be well suited to this role:
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages — Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, React or React Native — is an asset, but not required. Don’t have experience with many of them? No problem — deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way. (Also: Check out our StackShare here.)
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
You’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
Apply now and work remotely at Shopify
This is a hands-on, fully-remote programming position. You’ll be working on eCommerce platforms and CMSes like Magento, Shopify and WooCommerce. The core technologies you’ll be working with are PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clients’ sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up. You'll work closely with client stakeholders, our project managers, and our other developers to design, develop and deploy features and updates that best serve our clients and their customers.
We have quite a bit of work booked for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, I strive to minimize context switching—if you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there.
We're a small but quickly growing agency. As one of the early hires, there is opportunity for this to be a high impact position. An appropriately ambitious individual will have huge opportunity to lay the groundwork of the company's future.
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
- Full Magento, Shopify, or WooCommerce site development
- Design architecture, then implement features for existing eCommerce stores
- Implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS
- Configure Magento-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
These are the must haves. Basically: be a web developer!
- 3–5+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on programming experience with Magento, Shopify or WooCommerce
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Git experience
- Understand the web—REST, HTTP verbs, basic HTTP status codes, etc.
- Familiarity with the Unix command line
If you fulfill the above and have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
- Hands-on programming experience with all three of the core eCommerce platforms we support
- Enterprise software development
- Strong UX/UI chops
- Deep understanding building complex database queries, particularly MySQL
- Experience setting up and configuring Apache
- Opinionated about design—visual and code
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)
Apply now and work remotely at BranchLabs