Front-end Jobs nearAtlanta, GA
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to make learning easy and fun. We know that educational inequities have left students overwhelmed and fending for themselves. In order to close the opportunity gap, we need to create space for students to be creative and curious. To do this, we've created a social network for online learning communities through interactive content and courses. Because of COVID, we're in a lightning strike moment for education and we're fired up to change the way things are for high school students.
The Fiveable Team
We're a creative group of former teachers, community builders, game designers, and generally curious people who are driven by social impact. We're focused on building a diverse team and are inclusive of all backgrounds. And we're big on growth mindsets - we're all learning!
Learn more about us:
👉 Check out our site - https://fiveable.me
🥳 Read about our latest funding announcement
Who we're looking for:
In the last few months, we have nearly quadrupled our user base since schools have been closed. This has caused our development team to be on a full sprint developing new features that meet the needs of the students, teachers, and Fiveable stakeholders to improve our web application performance, UI, and UX.
We are looking for a creative, passionate front-end or full-stack developer, who is interested in having their work be impactful. If you want to clock-in and clock-out and get your work done, then wipe your hands clean, we're not looking for you. We want the person who pours their heart into their work. Who cares about the application they are building. Who cares about the mission behind the triumphs and failures. Who wants to participate in making Fiveable the best EdTech platform to ever exist. Who wants to be an essential part of our small, passionate team. And who has interest in growing their career alongside a venture-backed startup. The students we support need engineers this dedicated.
- Creative - You always find a way to get something done.
- Passionate - You care deeply and pour yourself into what you do.
- Efficient - You work smarter, not harder.
- Candid - You communicate consistently and authentically.
- Flexible - You go with the flow and find new paths to your goals.
- Extensive knowledge of React, GraphQL, Node.js, HTML, CSS, Postgres, Firebase
- Ability to translate designs and wireframe into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across all devices and browsers
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Understanding of Git and NPM
- Ability to quickly identify issues and debug code in high-pressure situations
Be an imaginative innovator, a pioneer, an intellect, and an idea hamster.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Analyze all of the current systems and processes
- Build reusable components
- Learn and apply new technologies that improve the development process or UX
- Keep your current tasks updated in our project management tools
- Be involved in meetings, speak your mind, share ideas for product improvements
- Be a problem solver; be resourceful; help your teammates when you can
Nice to Have Skills
- Fast-paced, agile startup development experience
- Experience with Next.js, Hasura
- Experience with unit and integration testing for React
- Experience with TensorFlow
Benefits of Working at Fiveable:
- Be on the front line of education innovation at an early stage startup
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world and build your home office with a generous stipend
- Inclusion & diversity as a company priority
- Comprehensive benefits (Health, Dental, and Vision)
- Unlimited paid days off and stipends for mental health support
- Competitive compensation with stock options
Apply now and work remotely at Fiveable - Social Learning for High School Students
WebGL Frontend Developer
VISUARY (visuary.fr) is a Paris based start-up aiming to make the personalization of new homes accessible to everyone.
For this, we are developing a platform that allows buyers to view and personalize their accommodation online.
We have recently raised funds and are developing our business.
We work fully remote.
You will join a dynamic and international team for a mission where you will have an impact. We are looking for autonomous and qualified people, wishing to take part in the adventure and experience the growth of the company.
- Help build an online housing configurator and subsequent modules
- Understanding of React / Redux
- Full stack experience appreciated
- Experience in building robust web applications
- Front-end aesthetic sensitivity and attention to detail
- Math and geometry skills highly appreciated
- Familiar with Git
- Autonomy and proactivity (we work remote)
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Proficiency in WebGL and GLSL is a plus
We are a startup with ambition, and therefore flexible on working conditions but demanding on the quality of the code.
Daily meetings at 2pm UTC.
If you are interested, please tell me about a passion of yours in your application. There will be technical tests.
Apply now and work remotely at Visuary