Front-end Jobs nearAtlanta, GA
Jobs farther away
Senior Front-End Developer
**Quick Take: **Axios is a new digital media company that gets your smarter, faster with the news that matters.
**Why it Matters: **Our Front-End Developers are a critical part of our mission to deliver the cleanest, smartest, most efficient and trustworthy content to our users. You will architect and grow our existing front-end code bases, give technical input and feedback to Axios’ product and design teams for new features, and help develop the skills of less experienced developers with industry best practices around testing, accessibility, and documentation.
**Go Deeper: **In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
Help architect and grow Axios’ existing frontend codebases including Axios.com and Eden, our in-house CMS.
Write clean, well-documented, and well tested code using best practices for frontend development.
Collaborate with Axios’ platform, product, and design teams to ensure we ship the best products possible on time.
Mentor less experienced members of the team through pair-programming and empathetic code review.
Keep up to date with industry trends and advise the team on best practices to implement.
**The Details: **Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
Experience building large, high traffic frontend codebases
Proven ability to ship high quality, testable, and accessible code quickly
Experience working with product designers is preferred
Experience working with back-end teams to integrate APIs is preferred
Experience working on site page performance and accessibility is preferred
Experience with SEO is preferred
Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
Commuter and cell phone benefit
A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Senior Frontend Engineer - Remote Welcome -
We are looking for a talented individual who can help us to shape our product and culture from a long-term perspective.
As a core member in the initial stages, you will be working alongside us to develop our product from the early stage, as well as, be involved in future stages of product growth.
Although our tech stack is evolving rapidly, however, we are building the front-end with React Native + GraphQL. Experience with any of those technologies is a plus, however, we're also open to speaking with talented engineers who can pick up things quickly.
- Be involved in every aspect of the frontend development
- Enthusiastic about polishing the UI & UX of applications using React Native for the mobile application and React for the web
- Lead projects to implement functionalities that we are planning to release. (ex: video recording, image recognition, etc.)
- Contribute to performance improvements (shorten launch time, reduce memory usage, improve image loading speed, etc.)
- Improve and refactor codebases for a better developer experience and productivity
- Competitive salary / Stock options package
- PTO: 15 days vacation plus national holidays
- Reimbursement of costs incurred from usage of co-working space
- Business trip opportunities to Japan and America (1-3 times yearly)
- Support to apply for a Japanese work visa if you want to work in Japan
*** Please understand that these perks are not provided during the probationary period.
WHO WE ARE
- We are currently a small team consisting of a CEO, 6 engineers
- A remote friendly team with employees located in Tokyo and San Francisco (headquarter)
- Successful entrepreneurs and engineers who have built large scale systems from scratch
- Raised $2.5M in funding from some of Asias top investorsApply