Front-end Jobs nearAtlanta, GA
Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Senior Software Engineer!
Where We Are
Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut and in Montana. You'll work remotely from a location in the UK/EU alongside our Edinburgh-based teams.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster.
You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it.
You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Product Delivery team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll lead a team (or teams) of Software Engineers, keeping everyone focused on the deliverables for our customers, helping solve problems and encouraging the growth and development of your people. One of our company values is Always Improving and we believe this is achieved through regular, relevant and constructive feedback, so it's crucial you are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback.
Even as a team lead, you'll still take ownership of writing your own code and you'll be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. We're all about collaboration so our teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback and share best practice.
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Work a four day week but get paid for five
- Work around your life with our flexible working policy
- Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas win, whomever has them.
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Do your best work using brand new tech
- Learn, learn, learn
Apply now and work remotely at Administrate
Full Stack Developer
Welcome Computer Gurus!
At Shipa we look to build a talented technology team of developers and data scientists to help us achieve our lofty business goals. Culture is very important to us, and we want an environment where everyone is learning every day in both technical and personal areas. We have extremely high expectations and expect our employees to use their empowerment to take end-to-end responsibility for problems, and wear a variety of hats, even when they may not experience in the area needed.
The Senior Full Stack Web Developer will work with the Shipa business and technical teams to understand requirements and help develop responsive web based applications in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to support the delivery of an intuitive Shipa user experience. We want this role to be filled by someone who is passionate about solving problems, a team player and a mentor to the Junior Web Developers in the team, and is excited about working in a corporate start-up environment and building up a great culture in a growing team, yet, conscious of the potential downsides of working in a corporate start-up environment too.
- Design and develop multi-tier web applications for customers using open source technologies; envisioning system features and functionality
- Enhance and support e-commerce and mobile sites as well as sales, intranet and web applications that support Shipa business activities
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Collaborate with various departments to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications
- Monitor and optimize systems to ensure best performance
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code
- Monitor routine content changes and ensure accuracy of content data feeds
- Identify website issues, gather information and determine recommended solution
- Create and present multiple technical solutions that show thoughtful approaches to strategy and issue resolution
- Maintaining web development documentation, testing cases and specifications
- Act as a mentor to other developers with programming issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of developing websites, preferably with a transportation, international shipping, or an e-commerce business
- Sound understanding of best practices in software development (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, DevOps)
- Experience using node.js to build scalable web services
- A diverse set of skills, from business development and operations to socializing and support to apply widely
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, both regionally and globally, across multiple business units and functions
- Ability to understand the priorities of key stakeholders and translate them into team priorities and communications
- Passion for collaboration & team work; when something goes wrong, you don't look to place blame, but try to address the immediate issue collaboratively and then address any underlying issues with great interpersonal skills
Apply now and work remotely at Shipa Freight
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Maze is a user testing and usability research platform that turns prototypes into actionable insights from real users, bringing confidence to the design process.
We're official partners with the world's best design companies: InVision, Figma, Sketch, Marvel, and Adobe! More than 40,000 designers and product managers from companies like Salesforce, Microsoft, and IBM are using Maze to power up their user testing process.
We believe that products should be tested at the design phase, and we empower product teams with data to remove all guesswork from building digital products. We're a fully remote company working from all over the world, backed by some of the world's top VCs. We love traveling, telling great jokes (read: puns with the word "maze" in it), and terrible drawings. Come join us!
You will work on all aspects of our current product, which includes:
- Our user-research platform, with all the challenges associated with complex data-visualisation & analytics dashboard.
- Our tester’s hiring platform, where you’ll work with us on building a complete marketplace from scratch.
- Prototyping tool integrations, or you’ll be able to work directly with the development teams of InVision, Marvel, Adobe, Figma and more.
- Our automated reporting platform, where you'll work on a comprehensive document for the whole product team to collaborate on.
As part of the Maze team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Architect and develop highly scalable web applications
- Work closely with our designer and engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish
- Help teammates improve when reviewing their work and appreciate feedback when they reciprocate
- Perfectly fluent in English
- GraphQL / nodeJS / Typescript professional experience
- Experience with functional programming
- Able to write maintainable and scalable code
- Write tests & always improve your work environment
- Enjoy working remotely
Interest for UX & UI design
Experience doing data-visualisation & canvas
Experience with deployment automation tools
A good dose of ambition, as well as a great sense of humor
Apply now and work remotely at Maze
Jobs farther away
Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
What you will do:
- Build software in a full-stack capacity, front-end and back-end, from architecture through deployment to the end-user.
- Contribute to existing products and services as well as build new ones.
- Execute end-to-end ownership and accountability over the projects you work on.
- Work relatively independently and asynchronously as part of a US-based product, design and engineer team within a global company across several time zones.
- Contribute to product ideation and feature specification.
- Shape our engineering culture, values, and processes.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated experience with a modern web technology stack that includes React, React Native, Node, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Apollo and Typescript.
- Demonstrated experience shipping software as part of a small team.
- Familiarity with emerging web platform best-practices, including progressive web applications, service workers, network optimization, and performance optimization.
- A willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and react to changing requirements.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, understand technical trade-offs.
- A product-first mindset with a forward-thinking approach about how to use your craft to enable and evolve the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially when working with non-technical stakeholders.
- Passion and enthusiasm about what you do.