Front-end Jobs nearAtlanta, GA
Engineering Manager, Mobile
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As an Engineering Manager, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
We put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
We have just released our brand new flagship iOS and Android apps! Both apps were re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift and Kotlin respectively. Click here to see more information about our stack.
We have a team of 12 engineers and several interesting projects in the pipeline. We are looking for an Engineering Manager with hands-on experience as a mobile software engineer working in either iOS or Android platforms. You will work alongside project managers and tech leads for the mobile teams, you will report directly to the VP, Engineering.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our mobile applications are written primarily in Swift and Kotlin, see more details
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll aid in the recruiting, on-boarding, mentorship, growth, and ongoing efficacy of the mobile team.
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and engineers to drive mobile projects from beginning-to-end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
What we’re looking for:
- You are a hands-on manager, able to lead software engineers by example
- You have managed small teams before, and you are passionate about their well-being, and optimizing software engineering models
- You have recruited, on-boarded, trained and managed software engineers before
- You have worked with Product teams on delivering production level software loved by a large audience
- Knowledgeable in any of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java
- Knowledgeable on Functional Reactive Programming
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing software for the iOS or Android platform
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are passionate about mobile applications and you stay on top of the latest iOS or Android news
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- A great SoMA office if working from SF, and a thriving distributed team if working remotely
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
**About Doximity **
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of [Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.](https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2018/sectors/social-media Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply now and work remotely at Doximity
Jobs farther away
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
We are a (small but) growing food-tech company with the goal of empowering families to eat healthier meals. We are building an intelligent platform that uses advanced machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to both generate personalized meal recommendations and reinforce better eating habits.
To achieve our goal we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world. We believe that using technology, collaboration, innovation and diversity we can transform the way people eat and cook.
As an early employee at Wellio, you will highly impact the design and development of our product. We are looking for creative people who are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy learning and teaching as part of a dynamic team.
Wellio was acquired during the summer of 2018 by the Kraft Heinz Company to form the technology core of the new evolve group - a spin-out focused on using technology to help people eat better.
What will you be working on?
Lead the backend and frontend software architecture of our consumer-facing mobile applications.
Collaborate with Product Designers and Managers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
Manage technical and product development projects with business stakeholders
Work with Data Scientists and Data Platform Engineers to enrich our customer experience using our unique data products. Help build and enable a teachable platform to strengthen personalization of our recommendations.
Identify technical solutions and help prioritize work across our engineering team.
Mentor and provide guidance to both junior and senior engineers.
Architect and implement efficient and reusable systems and abstractions
Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
Do you have the right chops?
You have experience leading engineering teams, providing technical and mentoring expertise.
You have collaborated well and effectively with a product, design, and engineering organization.
You have created engineering roadmaps and processes to improve and extend current product capabilities.
You are experienced with client-side web and and native application development, including
web libraries and app frameworks such as React native, Angular, Ionic, and CSS
cross browser development and optimizing front end performance
experience with native application development with technologies like React Native is preferred
You are experienced with back-end application engineering, including
familiarity with a server-side web framework, e.g. Flask, Django, NodeJS, or Sinatra
you have designed, implemented, monitored and maintained successful RESTful APIs
you have experience with a variety of databases, including relational databases and at least one non-relational database.
At least 3 years related work experience
You have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of sustainable software development and like to experiment with cutting edge web development and UI technologies
You have excellent communication skills
You have at least one recipe that you really like and know how to cook
You enjoy working on a small agile dynamic team where everyone is valued
You are creative, like learning new skills and teaching others
You are motivated to have a positive impact on the world and want to work on a diverse set of problems
You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
You like chocolate, especially dark chocolate