Front-end Jobs nearAustin, TX
Software Engineer 6 month FTC
The short version ⏳
Mission: As part of the Product Team, use your development skills to solve the most important problems for Aula users in a reliable and scalable way.
How: As part of an agile team, work closely with other engineers, product managers, our data lead, and a designer to deliver and maintain lean technical solutions that deliver maximum impact to our users. We use React, Redux, Node, AWS, serverless, MongoDB, and ship to web, iOS, and Android.
## What is Aula? 🐝
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform for Higher Education (product video). Aula makes it easy for educators to create high quality hybrid learning experiences by combining easy-to-use technology with learning design capabilities.
We're a 35-person remote team spread across the globe from Nebraska to Pakistan. Meet our
Read our company handbook here:
## About you 👨🏽🚀🕵🏻♀️👩🏾🏫👨💻
We’re excited to tell you about what we’re working on, but first of all, let us explain who we’re looking for. The most important thing about you is that you are curious and care deeply about building great products that affect people’s lives. You are transparent, reliable, considerate and ready to work hard to further our mission.
You have a real passion for starting small and shipping frequently.
Whether you've previously worked at a startup, you understand the tradeoffs that exist in any software project. You feel comfortable making a recommendation about scope, and you can balance refactoring and new feature work. You don't over optimize code, and solve for the problem at hand — not the problems we wish we had. We design efficiently and don't hesitate to iterate constantly.
## The role: Contract Software Engineer 💻
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our team for the next 6 months. You'll be at the forefront of shaping our users’ experience, building and supporting features across the entire stack (more emphasis on the frontend). Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll be doing:
- Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy.
- Work with your teammates to set high goals — and celebrate success when we hit them.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
- Building new features from the ground up as well as improving our existing product.
- Provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Ensure consistency, performance, and reliability across distributions of Aula: web, desktop, iOS, Android.
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes
- Work directly with Product Designers to build, maintain and improve design-first UI across devices.
We’d love to hear from you if… 🔍
- 4+ years of demonstrable engineering experience, ideally working on client facing, accessible applications
- Experience creating and iterating on products from end-to-end.
- Worked with RESTful APIs and single page applications
- Experience and understanding of automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Cloud systems / architecture experience
- Worked on a remote team using agile development practices, and know how to break down complex pieces of work into deliverables
- Worked on features in a vertical slice, from back-end to front-end.
- Are mission-driven: you care deeply about building great products that affect people’s lives.
- Are excited about working with a 35-person startup with all the ups, downs and ownership that entails.
- Enjoy working in an agile environment driven by our partners’ needs
- Value good coding practices; your coding style is always high quality, consistent and maintainable.
- Are a team player, someone who enjoys working collaboratively.
- Are transparent, reliable and considerate.
- Have a curious nature; someone who is excited about exploring and learning
- You approach everything you do proactively and are always looking for ways to improve and innovate
- Are emotionally intelligent. You can communicate with people from different backgrounds and with varying levels of tech know-how. You don’t shy away from challenging conversations.
- Value being part of a diverse and inclusive team.
Apply now and work remotely at Aula