Front-end Jobs nearAustin, TX
Before you start reading, keep in mind that the aim of this job ad is to give you a feel for what it’s like to work at Catapult. There’s lots of research that suggests people often don’t apply because of so-called “requirements” in a job description. If you’re an experienced React engineer with some commercial experience in either Ruby on Rails or Elixir + Phoenix, we’d like to hear from you!
What you’re getting yourself in for
Our mission is to build the world’s best part time job. We spend our time thinking about how to give a global workforce complete control of their own work life while automating the hundreds of thousands of man hours which would normally be required to manage people on this scale.
We do this using React & Typescript on the frontend backed up by GraphQL servers, some written in Ruby and Rails and some in Elixir and Phoenix.
Businesses ranging from the largest high-street retailers to five star hotels and independent coffee boutiques rely on Catapult as their casual workforce. If you’ve spent time in a large UK city, you’ve probably been served by a Catapult waiter or sales assistant without even realising it!
We’re well funded by some amazing investors, our product is live in over 100 locations across the UK and we’ve recently launched in Berlin making us the first and only pan-european player in this space.
Our company values https://writing.joincatapult.com/our-values/ are really important to us and influence every facet of how we work together.
About the role
We’ve been growing rapidly over the last three years and as we continue our international roll out, we’re looking for ambitious engineers to help us build the future of work. Our engineering principles https://writing.joincatapult.com/engineering-principles/ give a good feel for how we work together and what we value.
We’re a distributed, remote first engineering organisation with team members in Prague, Warsaw, London, Bristol and Bangkok. We work in autonomous pods, each of which has ownership of one area of our business. We’re open to remote applicants from anywhere within the EU.
As well as being a part of a well funded startup at one of the most exciting phases of it’s growth, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary + stock options + 25 days paid holiday per year
- A strong approach to professional development and mentorship, everyone has a dedicated L&D budget for books, training and the like
- Several product retreats per year where the whole team goes on a team retreat, looks back on how we can improve and then spends a week or so hacking on new ideas and exploring new technologies
- Regular social events & the opportunity to travel to our other offices
- Company Macbook Pro which you’re free to take home
- A flexible work environment focussed on output not hours
Apply now and work remotely at Catapult
Full Stack Developer
You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our social media post queueing system, building out UI components using React, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
Today Edgar is built with Rails, Postgres, and React. We do our best to write solid, well-tested code and we keep an eye out for new technologies that improve our development experience.
You’ll be joining our small Product & Engineering team, working daily with:
- Chad, Engineering Director
- Kevin, Product Director
- Yuta, Senior Full-Stack Developer, who also serves as our Lead Architect
- Sarah, Usability Project Manager, who also serves as our dedicated QA
And you’ll also be frequently working alongside Kristina and Megan on our Customer Experience team.
Apply now and work remotely at MeetEdgarApply
Fullstack Engineer (Rails/React)
Upright Labs is looking for full stack engineers who want to work up and down the stack.
About Upright Labs
Upright Labs builds multichannel ecommerce software for retailers. We make it really easy for second-hand retailers to manage inventory and sell online, everywhere. Our software processes thousands of items each month and has helped retailers sell millions in inventory.
Our stack is Rails on the backend with React.js with Typescript on the frontend, backed by a Postgres DB. We run everything on AWS and Heroku, logging with LogDNA, CI with Circle CI, error tracking with Sentry, and source code on Github. We constantly evolve our stack and are always on the lookout for new exciting technologies.
- You're a hacker. You love to code, read Hacker News, and constantly push yourself to try new web technologies.
- Highly motivated and care deeply about good code.
- You have strong opinions, weakly held. You're not afraid to standup for what you believe in but are empathetic and open to change.
- You're a self starter who wants to push out code on day 1.
- You're a go-getter, want to expand your skills, and dive deep into code to figure out and tackle hard problems.
- Have 2+ years experience working on larger-scale web applications.
Apply now and work remotely at Upright Labs