Front-end Jobs nearAustin, TX
Senior Front End Software Engineer
**Help us push the technological envelope
**Broadway is seeking Senior Front End Software Engineers to develop state-of-the-art front end applications for our groundbreaking automated trading platform. We are a rapidly growing international enterprise software company built and run by engineers. Our technology makes it simple to create, combine, and extend large-scale, high-performance intelligent systems in ways that were never before possible.
Broadways solutions are built on the TOC, our core platform for scalable high-performance distributed computing. For over a decade, weve been using the TOC to build intelligent trading systems for leading financial institutions. Were now starting to leverage the same technology to solve real-time problems across every industry.
You will own (typically multiple months-long) development projects end-to-end at the forefront of one of the most exciting areas in fintech, from conception through support and maintenance, including many fast-cycle version iterations. As part of our remarkably high-performing team of collaborative, talented engineers who thrive on building the most advanced technology, you will have significant freedom and self-direction to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems as we push the technological envelope.
- Work with a combination of C# (Winforms) and modern web technologies to design and develop new user-facing features
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects on time
- Create and track project plans and convey status, issues and risks effectively
- Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
- Work closely with customer-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
**Were not just engineering systems, were engineering a company. Preserving our culture is the most important thing to us as we scale. Its the way we come together to find the best solutions, and how we hold ourselves accountable to achieving our vision: delivering success for our customers and meaningful experiences for our people.
- Do Something Big: The future promises a lotthe Internet of Everything, smart connected cities, transparent markets, virtual medicinebut these advances require more than what's possible with conventional solutions. Weve developed a new way to build distributed systems. For over a decade, weve used it to build complex trading systems for the worlds largest financial institutions, and now were starting to solve real-time problems across every industry.
- Blaze Your Own Trail: Were at an exciting stagesmall but growing fast. There are unprecedented opportunities to learn and lead right away. Whatever your goals, from heads-down development to collaborating with customers, from executing and streamlining our business to leading teams, from innovating new products to opening up new industries, or a bit of all of the above", well work together to get you there. There is no one path. Youll have the freedom to follow your interests as they evolve.
- Solve Hard Problems: The engineering we do is complexthousands of globally distributed components, vast amounts of fast-moving shared data, continuous real-time analysis and execution, always-on mission-critical performance. It ordinarily takes years to solve these problems (think aerospace or flight control) but thats not an option for us. Our fintech executes hundreds of billions of dollars in trades each day, so theres huge value in launching ideas fast. We invent smarter designs and smarter ways to develop and test, so we can innovate in quick cycles without compromising the exacting requirements inherent to the systems we build.
- Be Greater Together: We tackle problems no one could solve alone, so were here to learn from each other. Each insight is a springboard for the next. We encourage disagreement to achieve a greater outcome. But solving hard problems is only part of the equationwe hire people who inspire us and enjoy working together. The result is a team that truly clicks.
- Do the Right Thing: Building a healthy, lasting company starts from the inside out. Our progressive policies and practices foster transparency, integrity, openness, and forward thinking. We are deeply committed to building a company that empowers people, enables them to thrive throughout their careers, and do big things here.
- Self-starter with ability to self-regulate and problem-solve independently through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Results-driven with a strong ownership mentality and drive to deliver on schedule; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Superior abstract thinking abilities
- Motivated to learn about new industries, master new technologies, and push technological boundaries
- Connects code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Team player who openly shares information, helps others, and is open to new ideas and going the extra mile when needed
- Exceptional programming skills and grasp of software engineering principles and UI design patterns (MVVM, MVP, and Flux).
- Demonstrated success managing development projects end-to-end with significant ownership over technical decision-making.
- Experience with using Git version control
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Enterprise software experience or experience with financial software and/or financial trading is a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
**About Broadway Technology
Founded in 2003, Broadway has nearly 200 employees worldwide with offices in New York, Austin, London, Waterloo, Toronto and Christchurch. Our founders are industry-recognized innovators (as well as MIT and Cornell alum) with advanced CS/engineering degrees and 15+ years leading high-tech ventures. We are a leading provider of advanced high-performance financial trading solutions. Our proprietary software platform is an open, flexible, complete solution for screen and automated trading operations of any size and complexity. We've delivered some of the worlds most advanced trading systems to premier global banks, proprietary trading groups, and hedge funds. Our software manages billions of dollars in transactions across five continents daily. We take a rapid, methodical approach to development, and we focus on creating solutions that solve our clients immediate needs yet can evolve and scale as needs change. We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.Apply
Senior Web Developer
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be creating engaging digital experiences for our US Air Force client.
- Build, enhance and maintain standards-compliant web and mobile applications
- Consult with Designers and Art Directors on technical factors to ensure successful delivery of the creative vision
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other team members
- Stay current on standards and methodologies in web development and technologies
Successful candidates should have 3+ years professional experience in web development and meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline or the equivalent experience
- Fluency in the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) development stack
- In-depth understanding of relational database systems
- Knowledge of web service development and consumption (SOAP, XML and JSON Feeds, REST, etc.)
- Experience developing responsive content for mobile devices
- Well-versed in customizing WordPress, including building a theme from scratch
- A solid understanding and experience with implementing web accessibility standards
- A passion for clean code and organized file structures
- Current on best practices in web and coding standards
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to self-manage, work quickly and multitask
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful and creative
- Comfortable working in an agile team setting
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick up new technologies
- Experience working with source code versioning systems
- Previous agency experience
- iOS mobile app development
- Familiarity with social media APIs
- C#, ASP.NET