Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Are you interested in a lucrative career as a freelance developer?
With freelancing on the rise, thousands of developers worldwide are changing the way they work, from full-time employment to full-time remote freelancing. At Toptal, you'll find remote freelance opportunities with leading global companies, on your terms.
Unlike a regular nine-to-five job or, more often what can feel like a nine-to-nine job, working with Toptal means choosing your own projects from the world's leading organizations, on your own hours and at the rate you decide. Our robust screening process helps ensure that you won't have to bid against other freelancers and can maintain a steady stream of work. It's the type of work/life balance that empowers you to travel the world, or stay at home. You're in control of shaping your environment to however you work best while establishing yourself as an elite developer.
To learn more from Toptalers that made it big through freelancing, check out the following article: https://topt.al/V6cyVZ
Android Developers in our elite network share:
- - 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Android is required
- Experience with React Native or iOS is an advantage
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
- Project management skills
- Keen attention to detail
If you’re interested in becoming part of the Toptal network, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form: https://topt.al/R6c2MB
Apply now and work remotely at Toptal
We are driven by a simple purpose: To create a better way to live. We do that through our mission to build and manage quality apartments. We want to be best in the world at what we do.
In that quest we realized we needed to develop our own technology to push the industry forward. Early on, technology became one of our 6 key business strategies. We have already seen great success and have been recognized as having some of the most technologically advanced apartments in our region. But we want to do so much more. That is why we need your help!
This role will work on both front end and back end development with an emphasis on front end. We are looking for someone to mature our front-end presentation with great design and development practices, in both web and mobile.
Sample of Current Projects
- Smart Home App
- Property Management
- Revenue Management
- Online Applications and Lease Signing
- Programmatic Marketing
- Apartment Door Lock
- Resident App
- Resident Internet
To be successful, you should have both strong technical skills and be strongly aligned to our purpose and values.
Creating a better way to live
Building and leasing quality apartments
A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day.
- Tireless Pursuit of Results - Tireless pursuit of results means that you have an internal drive to continue to push forward no matter the obstacles. It means sometimes staying late to ensure a job gets done. It means pushing a little harder to ensure quality standards are met. It means pouring your heart into ensuring something gets done.
- Respectful - Being respectful means that customers and employees work well with you even in difficult situations. It's about being a good team player. It includes being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a consistent way. It's recognizing that you are part of a team and sometimes you will win your point and sometimes you won't. It's about building a professional friendship.
- Can-do Attitude - Can do attitude is about believing in yourself and your team to get the job done. There is a delicate balance between having optimism for the future and being realistic about your goals. A person with a can-do attitude is realistically optimistic and positive about what can and will be done.
- Grow or Die - Grow or Die means to have a spirit dedicated to consistently getting better at your job. Finding ways, even small ways, of producing a higher quality or efficiency. Having a drive to learn more about your field from a variety of resources. Exhibiting the will to never give up on improving yourself.
- Reliable - The heart of reliability means to deliver on your promises. These promises include being on time every day. It means consistently delivering on the goals and milestones set for you. It means having a system to not forget any, even small, aspects of your job.
- UI Design
- React (Website)
- Swift (iOS)
- Kotlin (Android)
- You must be located in a North or South America timezone.
- Health Care Plan (ICHRA)
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Short Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at Norhart
React Native Developer
We are looking for a talented, process-oriented expert PHP developer with strong WordPress experience and Technical Lead to strengthen our team and build on our technical foundation.
The expert developer understands the business outcomes customers expect and works to deliver the product and customer requests on time and within budget while actively participating in the projects production cycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work together with our product team to build and maintain the BuddyBoss products.
- Contribute by building new features, plugins, fixing issues and constantly improving our products.
- Assist the customer support team in resolving customer issues in relation to the product.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, and release new patches.
- Help in managing the software development, making new product releases, and communicating the information to our customers.
- Help lead the development and ensure high quality outputs
- Lead QA — on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Closely oversee the performance of critical tasks such as live site migrations, live site maintenance, emergency fixes and other related
Required Skills & Experience
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in a technical field
- 7+ years web application development experience
- 7+ years PHP
- 3+ years of WordPress Experience
- Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs.
- A good understanding of REST best practices
- Advanced SQL knowledge creating, maintaining and improving performance
- Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of prototyping
- Results / Quality / Process oriented
- Can effectively translate business requirements into features & functional outputs
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams is a big plus. Our team is mostly distributed with team members in over 10 countries.
- Experience building on BuddyBoss Platform, BuddyPress and/or bbPress
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, React
Salary will be based on experience level.
We are looking to fill multiple positions.
Apply now and work remotely at BuddyBoss
Jobs farther away
Senior Mobile Developer (React Native)
DeansList is hiring its first-ever, dedicated mobile developer. Interested? Read on!
Who is DeansList?
We’re a bootstrapped ed-tech company that creates software that helps schools run better.
Our SaaS platform is used in hundreds of innovative K-12 schools across the country.
We’re proud to partner with many traditionally underserved communities.
We tailor our software to the unique needs of each school.
We’re continually solving hard (aka interesting) problems.
We have the footprint and culture of a startup with the stability and resilience of a large company.
We’re used to working remotely; we’ve been doing it for almost five years.
We love delighting our customers with software and service that go beyond expectations.
We believe in work-life balance--an exhausted dev is not a creative dev.
Still reading? Here’s what to expect if you were to jump into this role:
You will become the proud new owner of our two mobile apps: DeansList for Educators and DeansList for Families.
Oh great, legacy code, right? Nope! We’re giving you the opportunity to rebuild them both from the ground up.
What’s the catch? No catch! React and React Native have evolved a lot of the last four years, and we want to push the reset button so that we can build with the latest and greatest.
We also want to leverage different screen sizes and orientations, which is something we don’t do well right now. Both the current apps are fixed in portrait mode.
Once the mobile apps are rebuilt, we want to start adding lots of awesome new features to make the DeansList experience even better.
This job is for you if:
You want to be part of helping deliver a top-notch education to hundreds of thousands of students.
You’re an ambitious, hard-working person who enjoys tackling big problems.
You’re as passionate about design as you are about writing code.
You're motivated by the challenge of creating user experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and extremely well-coded.
You thrive on constructive feedback from users and co-workers.
You feel comfortable designing for large and small screens alike.
You can work independently but know when to reach out for help.
You love learning and want to be on the cutting edge.
Here’s the profile of who we think would thrive in this role. This isn’t an exact science, so if you don’t quite fit this feel free to try to convince us--we’re open to hearing your pitch.
4+ years of professional development experience with:
REST and/or GraphQL API access (even those w/limited documentation)
2+ years of professional development experience with:
React and React Native
React state management (Redux/MobX)
Deploying and supporting iOS and Android apps
You’ve created at least one incredible app--or played a major role in its development--and can show it off to us
You have experience in education or ed-tech
Bonus: you have an innate ability to read between the lines when it comes to specs/user requests
Bonus: experience reading back-end code (mostly PHP)
Bonus: experience with relational and key-value store databases
Flexible time off with no cap
10+ paid holidays
Stock options plan
Fully vested 401k with up to 4% match,
Minimum 4 weeks paid parental leave
Work from home with a DeansList-provided MacBook Pro
Paid trips to HQ in NYC
About the role:
As a mobile developer at COVID.MD, you will create telehealth solutions to help the world combat the COVID-19 infection.
You’ll have opportunities to:
Help save people's lives.
Provide and organize telehealth solutions.
Create a mobile app being deployed to both iOS and Android.
Address a critical need and vacuum within the healthcare landscape.
What we are looking for:
Experience delivering and maintaining complex consumer-focused mobile applications.
Experience with a collaboration involving TDD and pair programming.
Expert in a programming stack with one of the following:
5+ years of iOS experience working with Swift/ObjC.
5+ years of Android experience working with Kotlin/Java.
Experience in one or more of:
Performance analysis and optimization.
Instrumentation and metrics.
Mobile video or videoconferencing.
Iterative collaboration with server-side engineers.
Excellent interpersonal skills, both spoken and written English.
A self-starter, who is comfortable in a highly dynamic environment and prepared to engage with others to determine the overall team direction.