Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
React Native Engineer
Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our mission is simple: to build great products that propel our clients towards success.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and motivated React Native engineer who will help develop world class applications and products. Our native mobile products interact deeply with RESTful API backends, so knowledge of web application architectures and technologies is a plus. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a close knit group of very talented designers, engineers, and product managers to build software that changes the world.
- Drive the holistic development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to release.
- Build mobile applications using React Native
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Release to both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- App layout and user interface development
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
- Refactoring, paying down technical debt, etc.
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow.
Let’s Have A Chat If You…
- Have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Have a working knowledge of the Expo platform for React Native.
- Enjoy working with React Native and have a successful track record of developing both iOS and Android applications using this framework.
- Have integrated with native hardware components in a React Native app.
- Understand and have experience making decisions about mobile application architecture, including data modeling, networking and data synchronization, and concurrency.
- Are competent with developing application interfaces for multiple device types based off of mockups.
- Strive to automate everything you do - from sending out builds to running tests.
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Are excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and that excitement is infectious.
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- iOS or Android development experience using Objective-C, Swift, or Android
- Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Knowing your way around XCode or Android Studio
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or, Math or another analytic discipline
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate
- We are looking for people located within the 4 US time zones.
Apply now and work remotely at Fullstack
VP of Engineering
VP of Engineering at CareValidate will be responsible for design and development of software components for a population health and safety platform helping employees return to work safely. This is a critical role, reporting directly to the CTO and CEO and working closely with product to influence and implement product and technical decisions as we scale to millions of users.
- Oversee and participate in operational activities of the engineering team
- Ensure effective delivery of services and systems
- Improve engineering processes and methodologies
- Balance business needs/speed with the accumulation of technical debt
- Represent the engineering team in internal and client interactions
- 5+ years in software development with experience building scalable web services
- 3+ years in managing software development teams
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies and trade offs
- Be able to code when required, in Node.js, Python
- Should be proficient in defining InfoSec architecture; and be able to articulate to security auditors
- Should be proficient in designing the Privacy-first, Secure-first architecture
- An experience working with ML engineers a plus
- Must know how to design the data architecture to create a plug-n-play Analytics BI system
- Must have experience building a system with one of these compliance requirement: GDPR/CCPA/HiTRUST/PCI
No third parties please
Apply now and work remotely at CareValidate
Senior Full stack Engineer
What do we do?
Hatchways' mission is bold. We're modernizing education by helping those new to the tech industry get real, practical experience on-the-job instead of in the classroom. Our goal is to provide access to opportunities to people who otherwise would have been overlooked by the traditional interview process.
We have revolutionized the technical interview process by using a practical work simulation to assess candidates instead of relying on credentials, years of experience, or impractical CS knowledge to assess candidates.
Hatchways is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. You can read more about our team and culture here - https://hatchways.io/careers.
What we are looking for?
What does senior mean? For us, we are a company that doesn’t hire based on years of experience or credentials. In order to be senior, we are looking for an engineer that can provide technical mentorship to our team and can work on complex technical projects with little to no direction.
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies. They are passionate about developing modern, cutting-edge web applications, and can balance empathy to end-users with technical requirements.
What you hopefully bring:
Experience with a modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Typescript) and back-end framework (Python, Rails, Node.js)
Our stack is React, Python/Flask, GCP
Experience with non-relational or relational databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra
Experience working with IaaS such as GCP or AWS
Experience giving feedback on others' code through code reviews
A positive attitude, motivated, and a fast learner
You love teamwork and find it easy to collaborate closely with the engineering team to solve complex problems in efficient and scalable ways
You have a passion for solving problems across all areas of the business
Excited with the opportunity to lead a small team!
A 30-minute phone call with our CTO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shumskassam/)
A project-based assessment where you will work on a few issues on a Github repository - it will be very practical and done using React + Python
A final 30-minute culture fit call with our CEO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaclynling/)
What are the perks and benefits?
We are a flexible, diverse, and remote-friendly team. We prioritize learning and growth opportunities for our developers (not only technically, but also personally) through frequent 1:1 meetings with your managers, valuable quarterly reviews, and external training opportunities. We are an early-stage startup, so joining us early means you will have a significant stake in the company. We also have a very flexible vacation and health benefits plan.
Learn a little more about the founding team:
Hatchways is a Y Combinator-backed startup (S19) and is founded by two-time founders Jaclyn and Shums. Prior to starting Hatchways, Jaclyn and Shums started their first startup (Blynk, your personal stylist in your pocket) which got acquired by Kik (popular messenger app in Waterloo, ON). At Kik, Shums was an engineering manager and Jaclyn led product for the bots team. Together, they launched some of the first chatbots in the market with partners like H&M, Sephora, and Shopify. Shortly thereafter, they wanted to pursue a problem area they were passionate about: improving the education to employment pathways so more people have access to opportunities in tech.
Hatchways is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If there is any part of the interview process that is not accommodating for your situation, we are more than happy to create a more comfortable process for you. Just let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Apply now and work remotely at Hatchways