Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Jobs farther away
Lunchbox Technologies Inc is looking for a talented self starting backend web developer to join NYC’s newest restaurant ordering enterprise. Lunchbox is a SaaS platform which specializes in building out Mobile, Web and Kiosk ordering and loyalty solutions for restaurant groups.
As a member of a growing startup you will be working very closely with each team member to execute any server side related development and upkeep.
What You Can Expect From Us
How Things Are Now:
- An existing backend which is integrated with Toast POS (Point-of-Sale) and Square for payment processing.
- iOS and Android apps are connected to the existing backend
- Admin panel is an internal-facing tool for making remote changes to content fed-to and derived-from the app.
What Is In Progress:
- Working on a rewrite of the current backend to allow for more scalability and ease when implementing different partner integrations.
- Updating the admin panel to be an external-facing product rather than an internal management tool.
- Moving mobile app styling to be configurable by admin panel, as well an iterating with new app functionality based on growing platform partnerships.
What It’s Like Working Here:
- Ready to jump in on the occasional after hours problem-solving. We work in the restaurant industry after all
- You'll be in on the ground floor, joining a profitable startup since day one
- Work with a bunch of like-minded engineers who know their way around those 1s and 0s
- Profit sharing based on length of tenure and record of work
- Join our team in NYC and eat from a different restaurant every day in the heart of Nomad
What We Expect From You:
- We're looking for people like us, that's what the initial 30 day trial period is for. You learn about us, we learn about you, and if it doesn't work out, you still got compensated along the way.
- To be a role leader and engineering wizard who can ask the right questions from all teams to prevent mission critical errors
- A laid back personality that can strap and execute under pressure while taking all criticism in stride
- Be an amazing team player
- An amazing entertainer at parties regardless of alcohol being involved or not
- A solid understanding of developing web application backends with Node.js, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Create REST APIs with Express.js
- Understanding of Nginx and Ubuntu.
- Able to design secure cloud infrastructure that and scale on platforms such as and especially Amazon Web Services
- Working with our team to rewrite the existing backend
- Managing and implementing integrations with Square, Stripe, Braintree, Toast, and other Point-of-Sale (POS) systems.
- Building out backend infrastructure to cleanly separate functionality destined for the Web and App platforms from what is needed for what will be a client-facing Admin panel.
MongoDB, Express.js, Node.js, MySQL, Amazon Web Services
A solid understanding of developing web application backends with Node.js, MongoDB, and MySQL.
Create REST APIs with Express.js
Comfortable in PHP, and deploying and maintaining wordpress sites
Understanding of Nginx, Linux, and Ubuntu.
Able to design secure cloud infrastructure that and scale on platforms such as and especially Amazon Web Services
Experience with writing single page applications using React.
Experience with GraphQL a big plus.