Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Lead Front End Developer
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for leading our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google * Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
Apply now and work remotely at America's Test Kitchen
Full Stack Developer
Karshare is one of the UK's fastest growing car sharing communities. We connect renters with owners, creating a more sustainable, shared future where we can do more with less.
We are looking for a full stack developer who is going to implement exciting new features. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to influence and shape the delivery and development of key processes within our AWS Serverless environments. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of apps using various underlying technologies, including React, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, Typescript, Nodejs, Graphql with an event driven approach.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions e.g. Elastic Search, DynamoDB
- Write clean and robust code following good development principles (SOLID, DRY,
- Use TDD incl. unit, integration and end-to-end tests and be prepared to write tests for
all feature delivery
- Set up and maintain CI/CD flows
- Be instrumental in architecture, standards and tooling decisions
- Take part in researching, estimating and prioritizing features for roadmap
Skills And Qualifications
Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
Good knowledge of JS build tools
Solid understanding of security best practices
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Hands on experience designing and building REST (or GraphQL) APIs as well as consuming them
Familiarity with API authentication and authorisation mechanisms
SQL and NoSQL databases experience
Cloud based infrastructures (AWS) including SNS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB with automated serverless deployment
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Karshare
Front End Full Stack Engineer
LeadSimple is a motivated team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we're profitable and growing. The team is passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth and streamline operations. We're proud to provide the leading CRM in our space.
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL (Relay)
- CI / Deployment:
- Docker Compose
- Project Management
- Github with Zenhub for kanban
- Canny for roadmap
- Slack, Zoom, VSCode Live Share for collaboration
We're currently a team of 20 and growing, working remotely across 6 time zones, connecting via Slack and Zoom throughout the day.
We value work/life balance and work at a sane pace (40 hour weeks), Monday - Friday. We maintain 2-3 hours of overlap with US Pacific Time, to ease collaboration.
Customer impact drives priorities across the organization. Our Success and Product teams work closely with end users on a daily basis, using their feedback to refine our roadmap and assist Engineering in creating an exceptional product.
We're looking for 1-2 motivated and productive team members to accelerate product efforts. We're open to mid or senior roles.
You have a solid understanding of engineering concepts, are able to master our tech stack, tools and processes, and become a productive contributor to new feature development.
- Solid experience one or more of our other core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Taking well-scoped components to completion within a reasonable time frame
- Great communicator, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
Senior Software Engineer
You are a rock-solid engineer with mastery of at least one domain. You can own technical design for projects of moderate complexity, understand trade-offs, debug systems in your domain, and write high quality code while getting a lot done. You're collaborative and an active contributor to product discovery conversations.
- Considerable experience with 3 or more of our core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Experience translating complex user stories into detailed requirements
- Highly productive, moves fast without breaking things
- Great collaborator, takes initiative, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
All positions offer the following benefits:
- Early Off Fridays (every other Friday afternoon off)
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation + 6 local holidays
- Healthcare Allowance
- Vacation Allowance
- Complete our application.
- We'll review it and let you know how we'd like to review some of your work (either via Github or a short coding assessment).
- We'll reach out to schedule a 30 minute call, and ask for references.
- Selected candidates will proceed to a 90 minute technical interview.
- If everything looks good, we'll arrange to speak with some of your references, and follow up with an offer.
If you take pride in your work, enjoy shaping real products and want to hone your craft, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply now and work remotely at LeadSimple
Jobs farther away
Senior NodeJS Engineer - NY, LA, Seattle (contract)
Econify is a software development shop comprised of smart, motivated developers. We work exclusively with enterprise media companies, leading them through complex technological initiatives.
We're currently seeking an awesome contractor who can hit the ground running as a senior NodeJS Developer. This involves working as part of a team, so our engineers will review and approve all code to ensure it meets top standards.
This position will require a commitment of 40 hours per week and may lead to a full-time offer.
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ years of working with NodeJS
• 1+ years working with a JS framework (React preferred)
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Hearst Autos is a division of Hearst Magazines focused on our automotive brands and businesses: Car and Driver, Bring a Trailer, Road & Track, and Autoweek. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help bring together engaging content, unrivaled data and insights, innovative consumer products, and comprehensive marketing solutions to serve automotive manufacturers, enthusiasts, and car shoppers. Hearst Autos reaches 163 million people every month and is the nation’s most influential automotive media company.
Location: We are able to consider engineers located in the following states: MI, TX, CA, NY, and PA. For the safety of our employees, our offices are closed. Upon re-opening, WFH arrangements will be considered.
What You’ll Do:
Build a brand-new auction marketplace site and supporting services to power the new Bring a Trailer, as well as other future auction and classified marketplaces for Hearst Autos and Hearst Magazines brands.
Work on car shopping, research, and discussions features for Car and Driver, Road & Track, and our other brands across the unique suite of Media Platforms tools and services.
Participate in product and software design discussions, working directly with other engineers, product and design teams, DevOps, and other stakeholders.
Use well-reasoned, appropriate design patterns and best practices.
Who You Are:
You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
You have 5+ years of experience building web applications and services.
You take ownership for delivering a product feature in full – from inception through design, implementation, delivery, and post-release in an iterative agile environment.
You have in-depth knowledge and experience with at least one server-side programming, e.g. Node.js, Python, Java, Go, or other similar languages, and working knowledge of at least one other.
You’re not tied to a specific language or technology and you’re able to quickly adapt and learn new skills.
You write tests to improve the quality, modularity, and maintainability of your code.
You have an understanding of, and experience with, concurrency and asynchronous programming and relational and non-relational databases and data models.
You have a CS degree or equivalent real-world experience and knowledge of CS fundamentals.
Bonus Points! Experience with:
Cloud development - Amazon AWS and Google Cloud