Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Senior Node.js Software Engineer
Our Platform Architecture team is in the process of implementing cloud services in a microservices architecture, and looking for top-notch Software Engineers to join our team. Our services are built in Node.js with a mix of Koa and Express, so experience with that is certainly preferred, but not required.
The work this team is doing will allow us to to deliver more products, and more features faster than ever before and will help us support those products and services in a user base that is projected to double every 3 years.
In this role, you will:
Build solutions from their inception through production, from design, develop, test and deployment.
Work with product owners to understand their needs and deliver solutions in a test and learn approach.
Break larger services into microservices which are:
Small, and independent
Easy to learn, change, extend
Enable self-service by service users
Extensive professional experience (5+ years) writing web services at scale using one of Nodejs, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, or C++.
Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
Thorough understanding of REST and web technology.
Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
Collaborative DevOps mindset and a passion for technology and learning. Enjoys mentoring teammates and helping everyone perform better.
Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.
If you enjoy working in a challenging environment and want the opportunity to build something brand new, we want to talk!
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
_Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - _To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesn’t like free food and drinks?!
Senior Software Engineer
Netdata is looking for talented senior frontend developers to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
As a senior frontend developer at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about web technology, declarative/reactive programming paradigms, testable code and extreme performance. You will live and breathe within the Chrome/Firefox/Safari Developer/React/Redux Tools and make sure we deliver a world-class experience to the millions of people using our product on a daily basis.
- Use modern Web technologies and frameworks to develop our frontend platform, components and libraries. At Netdata we use Typescript, React and Redux.
- Write testable, documented code that is highly maintainable
- Develop for maximum performance, compatibility and a world-class user experience, across devices and form-factors.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to improve usability and accessibility
- Automate repetitive tasks when possible.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and frameworks
- Proven work experience of 3+ years as a Frontend developer.
- At least some experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with React, Webpack.
- Experience with CSS, including CSS preprocessors.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment.)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Experience with Redux, Immutable.js, Ramda and SASS
Experience with backend development work is considered a bonus
Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
Familiarity with graphic-design software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Gimp, Adobe Suite) and content management systems
BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Apply now and work remotely at Netdata Inc