Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Full Stack Engineer
As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with product management, business stakeholders, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop appealing and intuitive product features in our web and mobile applications.
What you will do
- Implement the interactive and visual elements of web and mobile applications.
- Assist with rapid prototyping of new features.
- Design, develop, test and deploy code that is clean, robust and cross-browser compatible.
- Build libraries for future use.
- Perform peer code review.
- Participate in our agile development process – regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1s.
- Solid experience with modern web technologies and frameworks (React experience a big plus).
- Good understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code with good unit test coverage.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Independent, results-oriented mindset.
- Appreciation for a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact.
- 4+ years software development experience preferred.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C- level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
Salary is based on experience & location.
Apply now and work remotely at OhmConnect
Full Stack Developer
We are looking for 1-2 creative full-stack or back-end engineers interested in building a global safety net.
🚀 About SafetyWing
At SafetyWing, we do not have a strong division between tech and product - we are all part of the product development, and we all participate in strategic decisions for the company. We believe this is the path to create great products.
We’re a strong team of 30, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed, stretching ten time zones (Finland to California). We are on a mission to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone. And we are doing that by creating simple health, insurance, and retirement products for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b).
💻 Languages and technologies we use
- Java (soon with the addition of Kotlin), Guice (dependency injection), Gradle
- React / Redux
- MySQL (with Hibernate and Liquibase)
- Google cloud platform
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Is great at programming and enjoys what they do
- Enjoys taking ownership over a product
- Wants to help build a global social safety net on the internet
- Thinks for themselves instead of copying others
- Is creative and bold in the face of any problem
- Is intellectually honest and have high integrity
🧘 What we offer
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, a minimum of four weeks of yearly vacation, and during non-covid times we have three to four annual gatherings where you will join us, including attending a tech conference. The previous three gatherings were in Norway, Mexico, and San Francisco respectively. The next full-team gathering is planned for Ljubljana when the border situation gets better.
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com
Apply now and work remotely at SafetyWing
Jobs farther away
Web Developer (m/f/d)
Ravensburger North America (RNA), a division of Ravensburger AG, is a portfolio of award-winning brands with a shared vision to promote playful development at every stage and every age. The RNA family of brands, including Ravensburger, BRIO, ThinkFun and Wonder Forge, offers an expansive line of beautifully designed puzzles, games, toys and acitivities.
We are looking for you as a Web Developer (m/f/d).
**This position will be based out of Seattle, WA and will require frequent collaboration with a team based in Germany. Remote work is available during the COVID-19 pandemic.**
Support development of web portals, eCommerce solutions and product platforms
Implement brand- and product-specific web applications for multiple devices
Adapt front ends of standard solutions (e.g. ticketing, eCommerce, community, service and support portal)
Evaluate and integrate 3rd party components and frameworks
Continuously optimize the entire application landscape in terms of performance, scalability, availability and security
Work with internal teams in the US and Germany to meet business process and application requirements
Understand strategic marketing goals to apply them to a site design and UX
Maintain website standards and comply with predefined design guidelines
This role requires strong knowledge of
HTML5/JS/CSS3, Typescript, JS frameworks (e.g. Vue.js)
CSS prepocessors (LESS/SASS)
Software design and architecture
Relational databases (MySQL) and web services (REST)
Agile methods (SCRUM, Kanban), cloud services (AWS, GCP)
Build & deploy (Git, Maven, Jenkins) and Linus (shell scripting)
Business informatics or similar and experience