Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Jobs farther away
Sr Software Dev - Consultant (US travel required)
Can you spot poorly written code?
Do you look at challenges as opportunities instead of roadblocks?
Would you like the chance to work with multiple Fortune 500 clients in a given year?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, consider becoming a ThoughtWorker.
As software consultants, our teams work on a wide variety of projects alongside and for our clients. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You’ll use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day. You will play an important role in leading these projects to success.
We pride ourselves on technical excellence by:
Using continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed.
Working in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences.
Creating large-scale distributed systems out of microservices.
Applying the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to client problems.
Helping our clients become data-driven businesses by making real-time data available and using machine learning for competitive advantage.
Utilizing DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software in the most efficient ways.
We are looking for people who have the:
Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code. We don’t limit ourselves to one language, but experience in the latest Object-Oriented technology is required.
Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc. is necessary.
Knowledge and appreciation of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes is a plus.
We value diversity; we support traditional and nontraditional career paths.
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.Apply
Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer, Java/Scala Direct Hire Austin
Do you have a track record of building both internal- and external-facing software services in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about introducing disruptive and innovative software solutions for the shipping and logistics industry? Are you ready to deliver immediate impact with the software you create?
We are looking for Full Stack Engineers to craft, implement and deploy new features, services, platforms, and products. If you are curious, driven, and naturally explore how to build elegant and creative solutions to complex technical challenges, this may be the right fit for you. If you value a sense of community and shared commitment, youll collaborate closely with others in a full-stack role to ship software that delivers immediate and continuous business value. Are you up for the challenge?
- Application stack runs entirely on Docker frontend and backend
- Infrastructure is 100% Amazon Web Services and we use AWS services whenever possible. Current examples: EC2 Elastic Container Service (Docker), Kinesis, SQS, Lambda and Redshift
- Java and Scala are the languages of choice for long-lived backend services
- Python for tooling and data science
- Postgres is the SQL database of choice
- Build both internal and external REST/JSON services running on our 100% Docker-based application stack or within AWS Lambda
- Build data pipelines around event-based and streaming-based AWS services and application features
- Write deployment, monitoring, and internal tooling to operate our software with as much efficiency as we build it
- Share ownership of all facets of software delivery, including development, operations, and test
- Mentor junior members of the team and coach them to be even better at what they do
- Embrace the AWS + DevOps philosophy and believe this is an innovative approach to creating and deploying products and technical solutions that require software engineers to be truly full-stack
- Have high-quality standards, pay attention to details, and love writing beautiful, well-designed and tested code that can stand the test of time
- Have built high-quality software, solved technical problems at scale and believe in shipping software iteratively and often
- Proficient in and have delivered software in Java, Scala, and possibly other JVM languages
- Developed a strong command over Computer Science fundamentals
Software Development Engineer, Selling Partner Recruitment and Development
Were looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead us on our mission to recruit all the sellers in the world to start selling on Amazon, while empowering them to grow their business and provide a great customer experience. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com and empowers millions of entrepreneurs (whom we refer to as selling partners) WW. To drive this unprecedented scale, our entrepreneurial team of sales reps, account managers, product managers, data scientists, and software engineers continuously invent new ways to scale and raise the bar for our selling partners through automation.
As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
· Work on cutting edge technologies
· Work with the team to help drive business decisions
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverable
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.