Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
FULL-STACK DEVELOPER - React.JS, Node.JS, MongoDB
MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON DEVELOPMENT AND SECURITY ISSUES AROUND THE GLOBE
- Full-stack Developer
- Location: Remote (anywhere), ideal European/Middle Eastern timezones
- Travel opportunities in emerging markets, real social impact, truly purposeful work
The ideal candidate is a young, self-driven problem solver with a desire to contribute to building user-friendly software in an exciting, fast-growing startup environment focused on real-world social problems that really matter:
- conflict prevention / management
- security sector reform
- counter violent extremism / counter-terrorism
- international development
- social impact monitoring & evaluation
- corporate social responsibility, and more.
We are looking for a builder! A self-driven, pragmatic, resourceful individual with empathy towards our clients' realities in fragile contexts and a desire to make a positive difference in the world. Is that you?
AKTEK helps our clients make sense of fragile environments so they can better understand and mitigate their operational risks and achieve greater impact. “Warning” and “Alert” countries on the Fragile States Index make up 38% of the world’s economy and 83% of the population (World Bank, Fragile States Index).
Public and private organizations working in challenging environments need easy-to-use, collaborative tools to keep track of their operating context, holistically and in real-time. With the proper tools, they can take better decisions, maximize positive impact and reduce risk, and unlock economic, social and human capital for a better world.
AKTEK is a London-based company that operates as a globally distributed team, serving clients in more than 20 countries around the world, helping (among other things):
- Delegations of international organisations like the UN and others in North Africa to better understand the political economy of their operating environments via dynamic stakeholder mapping;
- Coastguard forces in Somalia to combat piracy and land border armed forces in Lebanon to protect territory via bespoke information management and communication systems;
- Governments and embassies in the Middle East to analyze public perceptions and fight extremism.
- Fortune 500 companies and NGOs in Latin America navigate their changing operational contexts with big data fusion, both in enviornmental and socio-political terms.
Learn more about our impact on our website: https://www.aktek.io/impact
Apply now and work remotely at AKTEK
Jobs farther away
Software Engineering Manager, G Suite
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
5 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
3 years of experience leading full-stack development projects.
Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
10 years of relevant industry experience.
Experience in web development with HTML and HTML5.
Expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
With technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
The G Suite team is focused on delivering the tools people need to give their creative best at home, school and work. Instead of accepting the status quo, G Suite has a track record of reinventing productivity, from threaded conversations and search in Gmail to real-time collaboration in Docs. As people, schools, and businesses move to the cloud, we are well-positioned to invent the next chapter in productivity, leveraging our expertise in cloud, machine learning, security and scale.
The web is what you make of it and our team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, we develop products that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and cloud platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience -- and changing the way they think about computing.
Manage a team of Software Engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
Contribute technically to projects.
Work closely with Product Management team to ensure we're building the best products.
At Google, we dont just accept differencewe celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.Apply
Full Stack Web Developer
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to use your engineering skills to stop emerging terrorism, national security, and public safety threats
- A rapidly evolving problem set that demands creativity, engineering skill, and teamwork
- A small, agile, creative, and collaborative team
- A workshop environment designed for rapid experimentation, prototyping, and iteration
- Partnership with a broader ecosystem including the private sector, FAA, Department of Homeland Security, the intelligence community, and other DoD organizations
- The opportunity to hack on drones and other autonomous systems for a living
- Develop and maintain websites for cloud-based DIU Rogue Squadron projects
- Implement rigorous security across all dimensions of projects
- Design, test, field, and continuously improve software by engaging with our internal team and external customers
- Must be a US Citizen to apply
- Proficient in a subset of: Angular, TypeScript (front end); Nest.js, TypeScript, Express.js (back end) and PostgREST & PostgreSQL OR a deep intellectual curiosity and experience learning new languages and frameworks quickly
- Familiar with security practices including encryption and user authentication
- Ability to rapidly learn new APIs/SDKs, programming languages, and tools
- Commitment to being a team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A portfolio showcasing your work such as existing websites or a GitHub account
- Good understanding of Git, GitHub, and associated workflows
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience