Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
Senior Frontend Engineer
We, at Octopods (https://octopods.io), are a small, sharp-focused and deliberate team. We built Octopods to connect businesses using live chat software (like Intercom) to the most popular messaging channels out there (like WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, etc). We started small, and we want to keep staying small, bootstrapped, and very profitable. But we do dream big, and we have plenty of big plans. We want to tackle our next set of exciting challenges in the next years to come and this is where YOU come in the picture, we want your help for us to do so.
About the role,
We are looking to hire a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our small distributed team around different parts of Ireland, Canada and other spots around the world. Ideally, we are looking for a frontend generalist, someone who can wear many hats, someone who is pragmatic, and most importantly, who thinks from first principles (https://fs.blog/2018/04/first-principles). We work remotely, and so this is a 100% remote role. You can choose to work anywhere you'd like having at least 6 hours overlapping with GMT+0.
Here are few pieces of work you will have a chance to work on,
Lead our frontend engineering efforts and set the bar for our Senior Frontend Engineer.
Architecting our monolithic frontend for our new upcoming suite of products.
Building omnichannel conversational experiences for businesses to communicate with their customers.
Building a chatbot designer or editor from scratch to support major business messaging channels.
Founding a design system for our suite of new upcoming products.
Building or choosing a UI Kit and wrap it up with framework components.
Collaborating tightly with our Product Designer to solve complex design problems, empathetically.
And a few more equally exciting and challenging projects!
A little bit about what we think can be a good fit for us,
You worked extensively with Vue.js or React.js in the last 4 years & above.
You worked & architected data flow patterns with a front-end app.
You worked with WebSockets, and/or realtime web technologies.
You worked with REST, GraphQL APIs and you can put an argument for using one over the other.
You understand the value of writing tests, as an investment for the future.
You worked & grokked with Webpack and can set up reliable build pipelines.
You have solid HTML5 + CSS3 foundations.
You worked on a SaaS product before, and you understand the Laws of UX well.
You did some work with Ruby. The more exposed you are to it, the merrier.
You write your code with empathy for your fellow Engineers, and for future readers.
You have are self-driven, and can self-manage.
You can write and communicate in English succinctly. You wrote technical plans before, we do write a lot.
You love to take on complex problems, and you don't shy away from fixing issues.
You have some remote experience, and you understand its challenges.
You can take, and give feedback openly.
You are kind, and there is ≥5% a chance we will see you smile. :)
You like to work in a small team, and have direct ownership of your work.
You think of technology, not as an ideology but rather as means to push value into the world.
Your engineering skills are as important as your entrepreneurial skills to us. We value frontend generalists who can take a problem from its most ambiguous state and deliver its end value to solve a real world problem for our customers.
About pay & benefits,
A salary up to 4,000$ per month or up to 48,000$ yearly (USD).
1 full-month yearly bonus subject to yearly performance.
Reimbursing your monthly internet bill.
A new laptop and equipment that you will need.
100% remote, stress-free and friendly environment.
We don't have managers, we will work to enable you be successful and get out of the way.
You'll have the opportunity to have a massive impact due to our size and being an early stage.
If you'd like to work with us, send us your resume, and a personal message. :)
If we feel like we can work together, we will send you an email with the next steps.
Apply now and work remotely at Octopods
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a builder that leads by example and gets stuck into everything that touches our product. Come help us make the best technical decisions to craft a product of lasting value for our first and future customers.
If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd be one of the first team members and can have great influence on the next steps we take.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Read these values and they resonated with you.
- Are a true product builder and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Can put an infrastructure in place that handles / parses a lot of data.
- Can move fast and help us ship a first version (that is revenue-ready) in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Have always wanted to build your own team.
- You take action and pay attention to detail.
- You have superior communication skills
You will be responsible for end-to-end web application development as we work on the early versions of Cogsy's platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Product development
- API design & development
- Database and systems administration
- Metrics / Growth / AB testing
- 3rd-party integrations
We expect you to be a generalist with the ability and confidence to work on any part of our stack. These are (some of) the tools that we work with every day:
- Relational database (MongoDB)
- Aggregation engine (Elasticsearch)
- Caching (Redis)
- Async messaging (RabbitMq)
- Bonus: Python experience
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on CET or EST (or +- 1 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3 / 4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- Salary is market-related and open for discussion / negotiation.
- True flexible work: work wherever and however you need to work to be at your best and ensure you stay connected to the team.
- Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations. All expenses paid of course.
- Minimum holiday policy, which basically means you take time off whenever you need it to recharge or attend to other matters. And the team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Maternity and paternity leave for those individuals that plan to discover to joys of having (more) kids.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, travelling or being a nomad.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. Whatever helps you develop as an individual and the best you is what we'll pay for.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavour to help our customers do the same.
Apply now and work remotely at Cogsy