Front-end Jobs nearBoston, MA
About the job
As Backend Engineer at Maybe, you'll be responsible for the server side code and APIs of our web applications. You'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. Ultimately, you'll be the driving force behind all backend activities.
The tech stack
We're still in very early days of Maybe, and as such, much of the tech stack is rapidly changing. Flexibility is key here and your input and expertise on the stack is very much wanted.
On a base level, experience with the following tech is a major pro:
- SQL (we use Postgres, primarily)
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, ECS, Lambda, KMS, CloudWatch)
- You've built complex backends in TypeScript/Node, but you also know other languages.
- You've shipped large applications with many components and data structures.
- You've worked with different databases and know how to optimize complex queries.
- You have a proven ability to design interfaces that stand the test of time.
- You have experience building and working on distributed systems.
- You have experience integrating complex 3rd party APIs
- You are strong self-manager, capable of being a "CEO" of your area.
At Maybe we're building the next generation of financial & retirement planning tools. Founded in 2021, we're working to equip consumers with the resources they need to take control of their financial future.
Working 30 years and then riding off in to the sunset at 65 isn't the goal for most people anymore. They want to experience life, take risks and pour their hearts in to what matters most to them. They want to dream. And Maybe helps them do that.
Maybe you open a coffee shop? Maybe you take a trip to Asia? Maybe you put your money in to index funds and live off the returns? Maybe you dabble in crypto? Maybe you invest in art? Maybe you buy your dream home?
Maybe helps you figure out what's possible and how to get there.
Let me preface this by saying the way we do employment at Maybe is very atypical. We're trying hard to come up with a model for building a company that incentivizes team members to be loyal to their craft and not a company. If any of this is confusing, please just ask (firstname.lastname@example.org). More than happy to talk things through!
At Maybe, we're building tools for financial independence and managing your wealth yourself, breaking the traditional system.
In the same way we want our customers to be independent and in control of their futures, we want our team to be as well. If we can't individually control our futures, how can we expect our users to do the same?
We have no full-time employees. Everyone works as a part-time, hourly contractor.
The rate for this role is $100/hour, increasing to $125 after your first 6 months.
In an effort to reduce overworking, your first 20 hours per week are billed at your full rate. Any hours past that are billed at 75% your hourly rate.
As an example, in your first year, if you worked 35 hours a week for 50 weeks of the year, your annual salary would be $175,780.
Apply now and work remotely at MaybeApply
Senior Backend Software Developer
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
- Do you get excited working with talented engineers, leading them to ship product features and enhancements, and helping them thrive in their career?
- Do you define a great day as getting sh*t done and having fun working with your team?
- Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex initiatives into achievable project plans?
- Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer to the Engineering team focused on building Jungle Scout’s enterprise SaaS product.
Where would this person be located? Great question! We’re a remote-first company and hope to hire this Senior Software Engineer Team anywhere between the EST - PST timezone
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What you will be doing:
Architect and build:
- Highly scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic, and secure services
- Large scale distributed systems
- Applications that are a composition of independent services (microservices)
Make recommendations around:
- Technologies to be used for new services and applications
- Improvements on existing services and applications
Scale, maintain and improve:
- Existing codebases and system infrastructures
- Independent services using CI/CD and multiple environments stages (e.g., staging vs. production) to ensure rapid delivery while maintaining high quality and availability
Participate and contribute in:
- Leading the technical architecture and delivery of complex projects, interfacing with product, design, and multiple engineering teams
- Helping product managers with project planning and facilitating the Scrum process
- Ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures
Who you are:
- You’ve done this before.
- Have built enterprise-level services with popular backend frameworks (e.g., Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Spring, Django, Flask, etc)
- You have experience building data-driven systems that have high availability, optimize for performance, and are highly scalable
- You’re experienced with modern SQL and NoSQL databases, know when to use each, and can build performant systems on top of each
- You’re an AWS Cloud Wizard.
- You’re an AWS cloud ninja and you have experience building cloud-native services at scale
- Experience working with core AWS services like EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, Kinesis and SNS.
- You’re a master communicator & passionate mentor.
- Fluent in both written & verbal English to easily chat with our North American teams.
- Able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely on both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Take any chance you can get to share knowledge with your team.
- Contribute to the team’s documentation and mentor teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner.
- Do not shy away from taking and giving feedback.
- You’re autonomous.
- Successfully execute large multi-person projects and well-defined initiatives from definition through to the end.
**Working at Jungle Scout
Check us out!
- The BEST team.
- Remote-first culture.
- International Retreats.
- Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
- Performance Bonus.
- Flexible Vacation.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
**We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.
Apply now and work remotely at Jungle Scout