Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
Node.js Developer Consultant (Remote, Full Time)
PLEASE NOTE: At this time we are not reviewing or accepting any candidates located outside the United States and Canada.
WHO YOU ARE
Node.js Developer Consultant
You're an experienced backend developer with a strong working knowledge of Node.js, and your current work just isn't holding your attention. You'd like to level up your skills working with a wide variety of applications and technologies, and it'd be amazing if you could see your work out there in the real world. You like problem solving and having a team with whom you can brainstorm simple solutions to complex problems. You want the freedom to work where you want, when you want, and with the kinds of projects you enjoy most.
In your career so far, you've built:
- Strong working knowledge of Node.js
- Complex scaling issues and tiered caching strategies
- Modern, microservice-based web applications
- Full stack skills including deployment, database, and front end
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with cloud deployments and management (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Authentication and authorization (sessions, API tokens, JWTs)
- Concurrency and scaling techniques
- Automated testing experience (unit and integration testing, performance testing and benchmarking)
- Experience with Go or other statically-typed, compiled programming languages
If that sounds like you, read on. We've got a place for you at Bitovi.
WHO WE ARE
Bitovi helps companies create better software and applications. We're driven by the desire to provide value - to our clients, to the technology community, and to our incredible team.
Every day, we design and build a wide variety of high-profile applications. We discuss and design architectures, review code, and research new front-end technologies. We talk to our clients directly, guiding them through the process, identifying potential problems and unknowns, and tackling challenges.
We help one another freely. We keep a Slack channel called ask-help and it's used constantly. We develop new skills, build better developer tools, and work on new types of projects regularly - and take the time to present at conferences, give trainings, and run meetups. We're huge devotees of open source, and our community of developers is second to none.
Our fully remote team consists of about 60 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession - we want the right person, not the right collection of tech keywords.
You can learn more about us with this short read: Hello Potential Bitovian.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT BITOVI
Develop. You'll get to work on interesting projects in a culture that values quality over quantity and collaboration over cowboy coding. You'll have time each week for a one-on-one with your team lead, daily standups and weekly scrum-based meetings, and protected time to work on research, presentations, articles, or other passion projects. The bulk of your day will be spent on development, and projects you might work on include:
- Microservices and serverless architectures
- Interface and schema design using OpenAPI, JSON Schema, as well as GraphQL
- A variety of Node.js application frameworks and tools
- Relational, NoSQL, and in-memory data stores
Consult. You'll meet with clients regularly to learn about their needs and update them on the progress of their projects.
Travel. Pre-Covid, our development team traveled to meet with our clients in person, and we'll be doing so again once it's safe to travel. Travel averages 3-5 days every 10-12 weeks, and we'll always be working with your schedule.
Teach. You'll have protected time each week to present at conferences, give trainings, plan and run meetups, create and maintain open source projects, and create various kinds of content in your area of expertise, with Bitovi's full support.
You'll fit in well at Bitovi if you are:
- Interested in development best practices
- Experienced in contributing to or using open source projects
- Flexible enough to work well autonomously or as part of a larger team
- Always developing new skills, trying out new technology, and testing new ideas
- Comfortable working with clients directly
- Equally at ease in a leadership or team role
WHAT WE OFFER
First and foremost: you'll get to be part of a supportive, talented, amazing team who supports and challenges one another to do their most exceptional work. You'll get to contribute to and lead a diverse array of projects, expand your skills and stature in the tech community, and build a portfolio of work you're passionate about and proud of.
You'll also enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus opportunity
- Completely remote work with flexible hours
- 401(k) matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Biannual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island (on hold during Covid, but definitely to return!)
- Mini virtual retreats held quarterly during Covid
HOW TO APPLY
Write a resume and a thoughtful introduction that includes:
- Why you're interested in this role
- Something you recently worked on and are proud of
- A fun fact about yourself
All job offers are contingent on successfully passing a background check.Apply
At Trivial, our mission is to make software development more accessible. Our flagship product is a next-generation API implementation platform that helps companies speed up their integrations & launch features faster by allowing technical, non-developers to build data flows between APIs without giving up source code control.
We are looking for our first Developer Evangelist to work with our engineering, product and marketing teams and help onboard our first customers. We are looking for someone solutions oriented who enjoys wearing many hats.
As a Developer Evangelist you’ll work cross functionally with clients to understand their needs and help prioritize solutions on our roadmap. You’ll help write technical documentation and tutorials, onboard new customers, evangelize our customers' needs internally, and support the marketing team creating content.
You’ll also be on the frontlines of our product support, and an additional contact point to ensure each new customer is happy, using the product and achieving their business goals with our help.
We are just getting started and you’ll be joining a small nimble team that relies on flexibility and shared responsibilities to get things done.
- We work fast; expect your contributions to be published weekly
- Collaborative work culture with kind, talented people
- Flexible work hours so you can live your best life and put in your best work
- Permanently remote. Our team is full time remote across the US
- Results focused. Burnout is real; we care about the work, not the hours.
- Competitive salary
- Early-employee equity packages
- Healthcare coverage starting in 2022
- Create Technical documentation & tutorials, both internal and external
- Deliver user training sessions
- Document customer issues
- Create assets to support social media projects
- Contribute as member of Customer Success first response team
- Writing that makes technical topics approachable & relatable
- Personable & outgoing
- Excited to build a diverse, accepting, and community-oriented culture
- Comfortable with public speaking
- 3 years experience working with APIs and web applications
Apply now and work remotely at Trivial
Senior Backend Engineer
SerpApi is a real-time API to access search engine results. We solve the issues of having to rent proxies, solving captchas, and JSON parsing in an easy to use and integrate API for our customers.
We have an awesome work environment: We are a remote first company. We do continuous integration, continuous deployments, code reviews, code pairings, profit sharing, and most of communication is async via GitHub. We value super strongly transparency, do open books, have a public roadmap, and contribute to the EFF.
Apply now and work remotely at SerpApi
Senior Back end Developer
The Giving Block is a venture capital funded business that makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax efficient way to support their favorite causes. We work with 250+ nonprofits and have processed millions of dollars in cryptocurrency donations.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations.
How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that’s making cryptocurrency accessible for nonprofits? If you’re an experienced backend developer then come work with us!
With more projects on our roadmap than ever before we’re ramping up our development efforts once again. This candidate will have the opportunity to help build out our core technology and integrate with nonprofit and crypto industry leading products. This role will work closely with the co-founders to design and build new features and integrations for some of the largest nonprofit organizations in the world. As with most startups, your work will vary day to day, so no two days will be the same. If it’s a good fit, you will have the opportunity for leadership roles.
- 5+ years of experience as a back-end developer with at least 2 recent years of experience with NodeJS
- Solid knowledge of OOP, System Design, SQL Databases
- Experience with TypeScript
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Optional: Interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency and/or nonprofits
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Work with founders and senior leadership to bring ideas to life
- Continue developing the core product and infrastructure
- Integrations with our ecosystem partners (CRMs, payment processors and fundraising platforms)
What We Offer
Flexibility: Work wherever, whenever — Working with us means working locally or remotely, whether you prefer working at home, at our office or maybe even a coffee shop; you’ll have the freedom to work wherever you want. Plus, we offer flexibility for our team. If you prefer to work late into the night, or need to work around childcare then that’s no problem. As long as you’re delivering on your objectives, we’re happy.
Mission: We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology.
Your colleagues will be a highly professional mix of people from sales to engineers, all passionate about their jobs.
Join us to create the future of giving!
Apply now and work remotely at The Giving Block