Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
React Frontend Developer
You will be working on The Things Stack, an open-core LoRaWAN network server, that is used around the world by tens of thousands of developer and enterprise to connect their Internet of Things devices. The platform and open-core software is used by more than a 150 thousand users all around the world. It has a thriving community with more than 1500 city networks and 40K base stations through The Things Network.
- Confidence in writing valid and semantic HTML and CSS
- Attention to detail when implementing designs
- At least basic knowledge of frontend frameworks (we use React)
- At least basic knowledge with modern frontend development tooling (yarn, webpack, babel)
- Experience using Git and GitHub-based workflows
- Ability to work self-responsibly in a flexible and agile work environment
What will make you stand out is (but not required)
- Strong knowledge of React and Redux
- Experience with end-to-end testing (we use Cypress)
- Experience with Golang (the language powering our backend)
- Experience with using and maintaining UI/Compnent libraries
Apply now and work remotely at The Things Industries
Capchase is an early-stage startup radically transforming how companies fund their growth by allowing them to receive upfront access for their forward-looking revenues. We are shaping a new way for recurring revenue companies to finance their growth (it's not us who say it, it's the Wall Street Journal, Techcrunch and others).
To carry out this mission, we've received $300M+ in funding from some of the best VCs in the business like Bling Capital (Airtable, Gitlab, Lyft, Square…), SciFI (Stripe, Brex…), Caffeinated (OpenDoor, Airtable…) and most recently QED - one of the best fintech investors on the planet with 19 unicorns in their portfolio. Come help us become the 20th!
We are looking for a full-time Expert Software Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, SDET, SRE and more, willing to take on many of our current challenges. As an early technical hire in this exciting venture, you'll design, implement and deliver frontend and backend features, ideate and execute its architecture growing together with us while building an amazing product!
You'll solve hard problems and have deep impact on the end-product. Expect to work in a fast-paced environment, with amazing engineers who believe in our mission. We're looking for passionate engineers who love building and learning while delivering value.
We want to build the best Tech team and for this we are looking for both junior and senior positions.
🧠 The Requirements
- You have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent,
- At least 2+ years of experience in the IT sector,
- Experience with one of the following: web application development (reactjs/nodejs), machine learning, developing large software systems, security software development, developing end-to-end automated testing systems, ensuring reliability for critical systems. Go, Elixir or Python are required for some positions, too.
- English is a must given our team members are from different countries.
📊 Useful info
- 100% remote friendly. We do have an office in Madrid and a big team in Barcelona, so if you are in the area you can work from there as well.
- Flexible hours.
- Stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at Capchase
Senior Software Engineer Mobile
Vinovest is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to drive our efforts to democratize access to fine wine investing. You will be part of our core team and a critical member of our small, growing organization.
Who you are
You are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results.
What you will do
- Contribute to the development of Vinovest’s mobile application from an early stage using technologies such as React Native, React Navigation, and Jest.
- Work with Figma designs to vet, iterate, and implement new features
- Work with backend + data teams to ensure feature efficacy and reporting
- Brainstorm features with product + design teams and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency
- Self starter, can do attitude, team player and overall sense of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity
Vinovest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.
What you should have
- 3+ years of software development experience shipping features to consumers using React Native
- Proficiency with Typescript
- An understanding of core mobile application concepts (e.g. mobile app lifecycle, push notification handling, and deep-linking).
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in mobile application architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Exposure to AWS
- Outstanding follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet over 50% of the role’s requirements.
Apply now and work remotely at VinovestApply