Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
Senior Front End Developer
Draftable is a world-class document comparison solution, offering a range of products for individuals, teams and enterprises across the world. Our powerful comparison technology and elegant user-friendly viewer are shared between all our products/platforms.
Draftable Online is our free online service for comparing documents. Our users generate over one million comparisons each year. We are looking to upgrade this service to meet the needs of teams and large organisations.
Draftable is the first publicly launched product of Affinda – supporting companies to embrace AI technologies.
About the role
You will be the technical lead for our front-end web development, including our Draftable Online product and our core comparison viewer. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will also be responsible for our public facing website. You will be working with various stakeholders across product, sales/marketing, legal, etc, to maintain and improve the website.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
In addition to supporting the Draftable product, we expect you will be involved in new front-end projects relating to our innovative and growing artificial intelligence business.
Compensation: AUD $85k - $100k per annum (~US $70,000)
- You have 5+ years of experience with front-end development (JS, CSS, HTML)
- You have 1+ years of experience with React
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary
- You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility
- You have a great sense of design. You like building software that delights users. (Graphic design skills are a bonus, but not necessary)
- You have experience being the technical lead of a project and are comfortable both planning/architecting as well as diving into code as an individual contributor.
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working in a remote team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our core collaboration hours are 12pm-8pm AEST (GMT+10). You will need to have at least 3 hours overlap.
Our services are very stable, and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture.
Our development process is product-led. We are agile (but not Agile). We like short milestones. We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We like iterating based off user feedback. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. We like good documentation. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Draftable is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Some things you might do in your first few months
- Take over leadership of our comparison viewer
- Create & setup a new SEM landing page based off a brief from the sales/marketing team.
- Implement a new feature in the comparison viewer from a high-fidelity design
- Work with our Product Lead to iterate on a feature in the viewer
- Implement front-end of an online accounts system for Draftable Online users
- Test & fix major browser compatibility issues
- Replace/rework our email templates (for our automated emails)
- Dive into the viewer rendering code to optimise the performance of a new feature
Apply now and work remotely at Draftable
Senior Software Engineer
Netdata is looking for talented senior frontend developers to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
As a senior frontend developer at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about web technology, declarative/reactive programming paradigms, testable code and extreme performance. You will live and breathe within the Chrome/Firefox/Safari Developer/React/Redux Tools and make sure we deliver a world-class experience to the millions of people using our product on a daily basis.
- Use modern Web technologies and frameworks to develop our frontend platform, components and libraries. At Netdata we use Typescript, React and Redux.
- Write testable, documented code that is highly maintainable
- Develop for maximum performance, compatibility and a world-class user experience, across devices and form-factors.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to improve usability and accessibility
- Automate repetitive tasks when possible.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and frameworks
- Proven work experience of 3+ years as a Frontend developer.
- At least some experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with React, Webpack.
- Experience with CSS, including CSS preprocessors.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment.)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Experience with Redux, Immutable.js, Ramda and SASS
Experience with backend development work is considered a bonus
Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
Familiarity with graphic-design software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Gimp, Adobe Suite) and content management systems
BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Apply now and work remotely at Netdata Inc
Jobs farther away
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we're creating. It's not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we're crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It's already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it's available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
One of the unusual things about the Glowforge architecture is that we moved many of the hard engineering problems from hardware to software. Our cloud service does the heavy lifting for features like alignment and autofocus, making what was once a tedious and error-prone process delightful and simple to use. It also makes it dead easy to diagram, draw, or doodle your invention and print it directly to wood, acrylic, fabric, leather, or paper.
Our team is composed of software generalists and we expect you to be one too, but we particularly want your passion and thoughtfulness around front-end web development. While you’ll do lots of things here, you’ll be asked to tackle some of our most challenging UX innovations for the web, and will spread your knowledge and experience through an organization that is eager to learn. We are pushing the envelope on web-based interaction models for fabrication devices, and we need your help to make this the best possible user experience for our customers.
While this role is written for someone with a four-year degree and several years of industry experience, if you’re great at what you do and excited about what we do, we want to talk to you — whether you’re brand new to the industry or you’ve been a veteran architect for decades.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
First and foremost, any task that helps us create an amazing product for our customers — which will include stretching your coding skills in new directions and pitching in when your colleagues need help.
Collaborating daily with designers, including our head of product, in-house UI designers, and our customers (many of whom are designers themselves).
Creating novel and intuitive user experiences that enable Glowforge’s amazing capabilities with minimal training.
Iterating tirelessly on those designs based on user feedback and not being afraid to kill your darlings.
Massaging the latest web technologies into a buttery-smooth implementation of our product vision.
Participating in planning sessions with the whole product team and helping build the user stories, requirements, and specifications that will drive development.
Building the software to fabricate the future – not just another CRUD app.
You need these qualifications
You write copious amounts of thoughtful, high-quality code.
You’ve been responsible for shipping a product that people love.
You’re excited about being personally responsible for making Glowforge successful, and you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity that arises in a startup environment, adjusting to changing priorities, and moving confidently even when guidance is limited.
You’re thoughtful about human-computer interfaces, responsive design, and applying software engineering principles to front-end implementations.
You’re passionate about writing great software… and still know that you sometimes have to make some tradeoffs to ship quickly.
It would be nice if…
You’re experienced with mobile technologies, responsive design, browser compatibilities, and how best to mix web and native implementations.
You have 2D graphics and animation experience, either with SVG or Canvas.
You have 3D graphics and animation experience, like three.js or webGL.
You can wield jQuery effortlessly, and know when it’s best not to use it.
You’ve worked with libraries like React/Flux, Backbone, or Angular for structuring UI implementations
You’re comfortable with Rails, Python, and Node (we have multiple technologies powering our web services).
Please send us your resume, plus something so we can get a sense of your work. For example, we’d love to see your Github repository and links to sites you’ve built.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com.We hope you can join us.Apply