Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
Jobs farther away
Site Reliability Engineer
Peloton is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitorable, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. We are a small, fast-paced, growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems at scale and headquartered in a brand new headquarters in the heart of Manhattan. Software and systems engineers with interest and/or experience in system automation are encouraged to apply for this position.
Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
Automate infrastructure and configuration management
Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
Participate in an on-call rotation to receive escalations
We work with Amazon Web Services, Chef, Python, Ubuntu, Nginx, Jenkins, Terraform, Akamai, Elemental
Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
Deep experience with Linux system administration
Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
Substantial experience with a programming language like Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Java, C
Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like chef, puppet, or ansible
Experience with or interest in learning about streaming applications and media servers
Bonus: experience configuring and monitoring CDNs. We use Akamai, Cloudfront, Cloudflare
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE ENGINEER (RUST)
What we're looking forYou are a developer with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience and are comfortable developing in C++. Experience in Python and/or C are also good to have. We're also seeking those eager to ramp up on new languages and technologies. You have at least four years experience with a product based company, but equivalent experience will be considered. Since much of our technology is developed or runs on Linux, you should have familiarity with that operating system.Bonus points if..
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals and configuration
- Experience using git for source control
- The ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions for problems you're faced with
Double bonus points if..
Experience with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards and protocols
Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
Real time development and debugging skills
Familiarity with Rust or asynchronous programming concepts
Experience building distributed systems
A drive to learn new languages and technologies
Experience with technical product customer issues and collaboration with customer support teams
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Sr. DevOps Engineer (C++ /Linux Required)
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Learn what keeps Kapsch always one step ahead in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktc
Kapsch Tolling Division has an immediate opening for a DevOps Engineer. As part of the Software Operations and Maintenance group, you will be providing technical expertise on automating processes, enhancing and maintaining business applications used in the tolling transaction processing system.
Kapsch is an international company leading the world in real-time IT solutions and information for a sustainable world. Kapsch TrafficCOm is dedicated to improving efficiency, safety, and security in the transportation sector. Kapsch has operations in multiple countries globally and offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments.
Kapsch Trafficcom is as an industry leader in electronic toll solutions. The Kapsch ORT (Open Road Tolling) solution is independently audited and determined to be the worlds most reliable and most accurate tolling system.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: A DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering in diagnosing and fixing production software issues, automation and streamlining our operations and software release processes, Build and maintain tools for deployment and monitoring operations, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code(C/C++, Java, Python, HTML5, BASH), troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, preprod and production environments.
The successful candidates responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Ability to multi task and prioritize activities so as to complete tasks and objectives independently and fully
- Lead technical consulting support on projects and existing system support issues
- Evaluate software packages and make recommendations to management
- Identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions
- Able to communicate proficiently with other team members as well as business stakeholders
- Establish and co-ordinate software maintenance activities across different regions
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to support teams in the analysis, design, test and support of tolling business applications
- Interface with client, software operations and developers to ensure that solutions are implemented accurately.
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing development/technical engineering and operations support in a mission critical transaction processing environment. Solid Linux background strongly preferred
- Experience in C and Object Oriented programming concepts is critical
- Knowledge of relational databases Oracle/PL SQL
- Strong understanding on networking basics, OSI model and networking protocols.
- Knowledge in middle ware(Java) and data representation technologies(XML)
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
- Creative and good understanding of object oriented systems.
- Easily relates well with others, answers questions clearly with confidence and asks the right questions to get better understanding.
- Proven ability to research, evaluate, and select products/tools needed to meet business requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
_The Kapsch portfolio of Advanced Traffic Management (ATM) services includes over 40 systems that integrate ATMS, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and automation for collecting real-time traffic and facilities-related data from highways, managed lanes, bridges, and tunnels. This information is delivered to a traffic management center where it is processed for actionable use by road operators, government authorities, and road users.
Our tolling solutions span all-electronic toll collection in free-flow traffic, automated payment at conventional toll plazas, and city tolling. Our solutions comprise radio communication via micro waves, vehicle tracking via GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), ALPR (Automatic License Plate Recognition) video tolling, and vehicle classification via video and laser sensors LVDC (Laser Vehicle Detection and Classification). Our systems can manage operations for areas ranging from individual roads to entire regions, and can be modified for distance-based or time-based charging. _
Our combined intelligent mobility solutions are used to aid traffic management personnel in making critical decisions during emergency response situations, as well as for providing real-time traffic information to road users from the highway to the city.
_Kapsch TrafficCom is a leading global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and offers solutions across our customers entire value chain from single products and components, to fully integrated turnkey systems and solutions in the applications of electronic toll collection, commercial vehicle operations, and highway traffic management. The Company is headquartered in Vienna, Austria with North American headquarters in McLean, Virginia and offices throughout the United States (Virginia, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, Texas, California), Canada (Mississauga) and Mexico (Mexico City).
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex._
Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.Apply
Build and Release Engineer
At Bossa Nova we create service robots for the global retail industry. Our robots’ mission is to make large scale stores run efficiently by automating the collection and analysis of on-shelf inventory data. We drive autonomously through aisles, navigating safely among customers and store associates.
Oh, we should add, it’s real, happening today, you can meet our robots in some of the world’s biggest retailers.
Position: Build and Release Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Mountain View, CA
Serve as the team's primary point of contact for all things related to building our robot software
Engineer and maintain the build process for Bossa Nova robotics software
Create system for collecting build statistics regarding build and testing coverage
Work with other teams to incorporate software components into the build
Create and maintain software for building deliverables for deployment to fielded robots
Assist deployments of new software at contract manufacturers, customer early-deployment sites and quality assurance.
Build and software development tools running on Linux, primarily: make, CMake, git, confluence, jira
Build automation and deployment tools like Jenkins, Ansible and JFrog
Should be comfortable with python and C++ build and packaging systems.
Comfortable with docker and containers in general.
Linux from a system-level perspective
Comfortable working with people as well as solving technical problems
Plus to have familiarity with cloud systems such as Microsoft Azure.