Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
Full Stack Developer
Welcome Computer Gurus!
At Shipa we look to build a talented technology team of developers and data scientists to help us achieve our lofty business goals. Culture is very important to us, and we want an environment where everyone is learning every day in both technical and personal areas. We have extremely high expectations and expect our employees to use their empowerment to take end-to-end responsibility for problems, and wear a variety of hats, even when they may not experience in the area needed.
The Senior Full Stack Web Developer will work with the Shipa business and technical teams to understand requirements and help develop responsive web based applications in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to support the delivery of an intuitive Shipa user experience. We want this role to be filled by someone who is passionate about solving problems, a team player and a mentor to the Junior Web Developers in the team, and is excited about working in a corporate start-up environment and building up a great culture in a growing team, yet, conscious of the potential downsides of working in a corporate start-up environment too.
- Design and develop multi-tier web applications for customers using open source technologies; envisioning system features and functionality
- Enhance and support e-commerce and mobile sites as well as sales, intranet and web applications that support Shipa business activities
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Collaborate with various departments to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications
- Monitor and optimize systems to ensure best performance
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code
- Monitor routine content changes and ensure accuracy of content data feeds
- Identify website issues, gather information and determine recommended solution
- Create and present multiple technical solutions that show thoughtful approaches to strategy and issue resolution
- Maintaining web development documentation, testing cases and specifications
- Act as a mentor to other developers with programming issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of developing websites, preferably with a transportation, international shipping, or an e-commerce business
- Sound understanding of best practices in software development (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, DevOps)
- Experience using node.js to build scalable web services
- A diverse set of skills, from business development and operations to socializing and support to apply widely
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, both regionally and globally, across multiple business units and functions
- Ability to understand the priorities of key stakeholders and translate them into team priorities and communications
- Passion for collaboration & team work; when something goes wrong, you don't look to place blame, but try to address the immediate issue collaboratively and then address any underlying issues with great interpersonal skills
Apply now and work remotely at Shipa Freight
!Important! We don't accept applicants from the following countries: India, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Cameroon, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Colombia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines, Iran, North Korea.
- Are you looking for remote long term projects?
- Are you tired of negotiations with clients and paperwork?
- Are you uncertain whether you’ll get the next payment in time?
- Are you new to contract-based work?
With Soshace you’ll get:
- Freedom to choose projects and your geography
- Guarantee of regular payments and reliable clients
- Self-development on modern projects in the tech stack you have experience with.
You go through the 3-step interview process and our talent team finds you the project that fits your experience and expectations:
- You work remotely
- You work on stable long-term projects
- You have a full-time workload (from 30 hours a week and more)
- We sign an official contract
- We guarantee a full payment even if a client doesn’t pay us in time
- We search for clients and do all the paperwork
- After the first project ends, we’ll find you the next project, and so on.
- The hourly rate we offer depends on your qualification level.
We’ll be a great team together if you have:
- 1+ year of professional experience with React or Angular version 2 and higher;
- 1+ year of professional experience with Node.js or another server-side language is a plus;
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part;
- Spoken and written English skills on Upper-Intermediate level and higher.
- Online test (90 minutes)
- Technical interview (120 minutes).
Soshace recruitment team would be happy to tell you more about the opportunity when you send us your CV!
Apply now and work remotely at Soshace
Fullstack Lead Engineer
We help our clients (companies) hire great engineers for fully remote positions.
- Companies will reach out to you and not the other way around
- Compensation requirements are transparent upfront
- One application, access to multiple companies
- If we see you are fit for the company, we will connect you in less than 24 hours and get you on an interview
- 1 in 4 engineers interviewed by a company gets hired
- We do one! vetting process which gets you access to multiple companies
- You stay in the talent pool seen by companies until you get a job
- Completely free for developers
- 3+ years of experience working as a fullstack engineer
- Working with Typescript is a bonus
- Experience working with AWS, MySQL is a big bonus
- Experience working with Docker, Terraform
- Experience designing and working with RestAPI and GraphQL is a plus
- After passing Remotesome's screening process, you will be seen by multiple companies across NA and EU with some of them including leading companies in their industry
- You will set your job preferences and salary expectations upfront
- You decide with which client or company you want to work with
- No need for cover letters
- Compensation agreement upfront, salary expectations are transparent from the start
Apply now and work remotely at Remotesome