Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
React Native Engineer
Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our mission is simple: to build great products that propel our clients towards success.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and motivated React Native engineer who will help develop world class applications and products. Our native mobile products interact deeply with RESTful API backends, so knowledge of web application architectures and technologies is a plus. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a close knit group of very talented designers, engineers, and product managers to build software that changes the world.
- Drive the holistic development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to release.
- Build mobile applications using React Native
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Release to both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- App layout and user interface development
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
- Refactoring, paying down technical debt, etc.
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow.
Let’s Have A Chat If You…
- Have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Have a working knowledge of the Expo platform for React Native.
- Enjoy working with React Native and have a successful track record of developing both iOS and Android applications using this framework.
- Have integrated with native hardware components in a React Native app.
- Understand and have experience making decisions about mobile application architecture, including data modeling, networking and data synchronization, and concurrency.
- Are competent with developing application interfaces for multiple device types based off of mockups.
- Strive to automate everything you do - from sending out builds to running tests.
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Are excited by the web and keep up with new technologies and that excitement is infectious.
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- iOS or Android development experience using Objective-C, Swift, or Android
- Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Knowing your way around XCode or Android Studio
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or, Math or another analytic discipline
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate
- We are looking for people located within the 4 US time zones.
Apply now and work remotely at Fullstack
Senior React Native Developer
Phase2 is a digital product agency passionate about customer experience, grounded in data and insights, and rooted in 20 years of successful technology delivery. We make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact. For the most influential companies in the world, Phase2 is a proven partner, guiding our clients toward what's next in the digital landscape.
Phase2 is looking for a developer with a strong react native development background to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem-solver and leader who applies their technical experience to create compelling and useful digital experiences. You will work closely with UX, Product, stakeholders and other developers to build innovative enterprise applications that will impact large numbers of users.
This position reports to Dan Muzyka, Director of Engineering
Implement projects with minimal technical oversight.
Perform business and functional requirements analysis and capture with clients and analysts.
Analyze existing implementations to extract business and functional requirements.
Perform analysis for new technology to determine appropriate usage.
Lead development teams through the development process to successfully deliver valuable features and projects.
Provide technical oversight to small teams of developers.
Ensure code and systems are developed with appropriate levels of quality.
Configure software and infrastructure to support deployment of implemented projects.
Design and implement subsystems of the software architecture.
Implement automation to support builds, deployments and code quality checks.
Estimate development time for subsystems and projects.
Create design and operational documentation for subsystems and projects.
Perform release management activities.
Recommend improvements to Phase2’s development and deployment practices.
Participate in the development of best practices and standards within the company.
Serve as proactive and efficient conduit for knowledge sharing across the company.
Maintain managerial relationships with more junior members of the engineering team.
Assist with the career development of staff within the engineering team.
Minimum 3 years of full-time professional experience as a software developer.
Must live in the US and be authorized to work in the US without employment sponsorship.
Experience using Git, including the abilities to commit code, work with merge conflicts and comprehend industry standard Git workflows.
Experience building out React Native components, using hooks and working with component lifecycle.
Extensive knowledge of testing best practices.
Strong understanding of accessibility best practices on mobile devices.
Experience consuming REST APIs.
Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Ability to perform in a team environment.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Minimum 3 years of full-time professional experience as a native app developer.
Experience developing in Swift, Objective-C, Java, or Kotlin.
Demonstrable portfolio of one or more enterprise-level application(s) released on the App store or the Android market.
Experience with tools such as Jest or Appium.
Experience consuming GraphQL APIs.
Experience creating REST and GraphQL based APIs in a Node.js environment.
Experience managing or mentoring other developers.
Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
[If applicable] Travel (approx. up to 5%) when required (travel not required during the pandemic)
Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
Phase2 has an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a remote-first company, we are able to compete for the best talent, no matter where they live. Our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 140 employees in our Arlington, Virginia, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, and “everywhere” offices.
We are dedicated to creating an environment of openness and engagement. Each member of our workforce can bring the fullest expression of themselves to work every day in order to best serve one another and our clients. We commit to keeping our workplace free from discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Apply now and work remotely at Phase2 TechnologyApply
React Native Developer
Design your full-time freelance career as a top freelance developer with Toptal.
Freelance work is defining developer careers in exciting new ways. If you’re passionate about finding rapid career growth potential working with leading Fortune 500 brands and innovative Silicon Valley startups, Toptal could be a great fit for your next career shift.
Toptal is an elite talent network made up of the world’s top 3% of developers, connecting the best and brightest freelancers with top organizations. Unlike a 9-to-5 job, you’ll choose your own schedule and work from anywhere. Jobs come to you, so you won’t bid for projects against other developers in a race to the bottom. Plus, Toptal takes care of all the overhead, empowering you to focus on successful engagements while getting paid on time, at the rate you decide, every time. Our sophisticated screening process makes sure you are provided with top clients without additional overhead, as well as assistance in maximizing the potential of your full-time freelance career. Joining the Toptal network also gives you access to technical training programs, mentors, and coaching programs, so you can connect with a global community of experts like you to share peer-to-peer knowledge and expand your network globally.
As a freelance developer, you can become a part of an ever-expanding community of experts in over 120 countries, working remotely on projects that meet your career ambitions.
That’s why the world’s top 3% of developers choose Toptal. Developers in our elite network share:
- English language proficiency
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with React Native development is a must.
- Project management skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage
- Full-time availability is a strong advantage
Curious to know how much you could make? Check out our developer rate calculator: https://topt.al/ZVc4y2
If you’re interested in pursuing an engaging career working on full-time freelance jobs for exclusive clients, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form: https://topt.al/qdc7Je
Apply now and work remotely at Toptal