Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
React Native Developer
We are looking for a talented, process-oriented expert PHP developer with strong WordPress experience and Technical Lead to strengthen our team and build on our technical foundation.
The expert developer understands the business outcomes customers expect and works to deliver the product and customer requests on time and within budget while actively participating in the projects production cycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work together with our product team to build and maintain the BuddyBoss products.
- Contribute by building new features, plugins, fixing issues and constantly improving our products.
- Assist the customer support team in resolving customer issues in relation to the product.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, and release new patches.
- Help in managing the software development, making new product releases, and communicating the information to our customers.
- Help lead the development and ensure high quality outputs
- Lead QA — on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Closely oversee the performance of critical tasks such as live site migrations, live site maintenance, emergency fixes and other related
Required Skills & Experience
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in a technical field
- 7+ years web application development experience
- 7+ years PHP
- 3+ years of WordPress Experience
- Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs.
- A good understanding of REST best practices
- Advanced SQL knowledge creating, maintaining and improving performance
- Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of prototyping
- Results / Quality / Process oriented
- Can effectively translate business requirements into features & functional outputs
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams is a big plus. Our team is mostly distributed with team members in over 10 countries.
- Experience building on BuddyBoss Platform, BuddyPress and/or bbPress
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, React
Salary will be based on experience level.
We are looking to fill multiple positions.
Apply now and work remotely at BuddyBoss
vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge. Lastly, we celebrate our wins and try to enjoy work by going on fun retreats to exciting destinations, such as Spain, Portugal and amazing places to come.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion . We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
What you will be doing
As part of our growing Frontend Team, you’ll work with team members at all levels to improve our existing products and develop new ones.
Some projects you may work on include:
- Research and implement architectural changes such as migrating our browser extension to Redux.
- Help measure the effectiveness of certain features by building a reusable analytics module to use across our products.
- Improve our brand and usability by reskinning components according to our new design system.
- Make our products more reliable by writing integration tests to cover common user workflows.
- Simplify our API interactions by building a GraphQL layer.
- Level up the team by reviewing code and suggesting improvements.
Over time, you’ll become an owner of some areas of our codebase and have the freedom to improve them as you see fit.
Who you are
- A builder - Frontend development is full of helpful tools, libraries, and patterns, and you enjoy using these to build products people will love. You like new challenges and strive to ship new features to customers on a regular basis.
- Life long learner - You enjoy keeping up with the latest trends in frontend space. If a project uses a framework that’s new to you, you dive into the docs and tutorials to figure it out.
- Have an owner mentality - When bugs appear, you document and fix them. When projects are too complex, you work with others to refine the scope until it’s something you believe can be built in a reasonable amount of time and maintained in the long run.
- Care about code quality - You believe simple is better and strive to write code that is easy to read and maintain. You consider edge cases and write tests to handle them. When you come across legacy code that is difficult to understand, you add comments or refactor it to make it easier for the next person.
- Balancing Act - Great products must balance performance, customer value, code quality, dependencies, and so on. You know how to consider all of these concerns while keeping your focus on shipping things.
- The great communicator - If a project is off-track, you bring it up proactively and suggest ways to simplify and get things going. You proactively share status updates without being asked and strive to keep things as honest and transparent as possible.
Apply now and work remotely at vidIQ
Senior Frontend Engineer
Otis is looking for talented frontend engineers to bring our vision of democratizing wealth to life. We're not looking for rockstars or ninjas; we're simply looking for smart people who are always willing to learn, enjoy collaborating, and never shy away from a challenge.
You'll be joining a lean engineering team working to build a consumer facing app at the intersection of culture and fintech, poised to scale in the coming year.
Note that we are open to a range of commitment levels (full-time, part-time, and contract work) and are happy to work with team members to find the best work structure for their lives.
What you'll do:
- As a frontend engineer, you will play a key role building our mobile app in React Native and Redux.
- This includes building new features, maintaining and improving our codebase, and providing feedback on APIs and architecture.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture, as well as team operations and the overall product.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years experience with React or Vue.
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Last year, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.
- U.S. work authorization with no visa sponsorship required.
Want to learn more?
Take a look at our culture docs (here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Curious-about-Otis-46df28b7e37c4b1fa5e4681a0efda4e4), including details on compensation, potential projects, and more.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $25 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Culture-cf25a1c921b142b2a67ae993493bae13).
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.
Otis is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse thoughts are welcomed and rewarded.
Apply now and work remotely at Otis
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms
High-Scale Web Developer
Inline is looking for a full stack engineer with a career interest in front-end development. The person in this role will focus on building and refining new and existing web applications that generate peak loads of 50k+ API requests per second in a complex application stack running at 99.99%+ availability.
You will be helping tens of thousands of restaurant staff get their work done, and ensuring each restaurant gets value from using the Inline services.
- Recent documented experience building, deploying, and supporting a complex web application used by at least 10M users monthly
At least 2 years of experience building full stack web products with more than 1M users.
Experience working in a small team and taking ideas from design to completion.
Iterating towards greatness across multiple releases is something you enjoy.
You value test coverage, automation, and clear documentation.
Role can be based in NYC, or remote. Relocation is available.
Tech you should know:**
Back-end: NodeJS, Express, RESTful APIs
Databases: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Firebase Realtime Database
Servers: Kubernetes, GCP, AWS
Tools/Misc.: git, unit testing, automated deploys
Services we use: GitHub, CircleCI, Slack, Asana, Mixpanel, Intercom, Kibana
Apply here, or by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work at inline:**
Big enough to have legitimate scale, small enough that one developer can change the direction of the company
Platform-Building: Help expand a developer platform used by the most well-known digital brands in the world
Private Access: Get experience with private APIs from Google, Apple, Facebook, and super-apps
Hypergrowth: Be a part of a global startup growing from 10s of millions to 100s of millions of users
Diversity: An organically diverse team, in NYC + Singapore + Sydney + Hong Kong + Taiwan
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Front end engineers at HubSpot drive the implementation and design of our products’ user interface. They build the experience each customer has when interacting with the HubSpot product. We develop our web applications to the highest standard and each engineer is given the tools to start contributing from the very start.
We build all our products using a combination of React, Redux, ES6 and SASS. Check out our product blog to find out how we're experimenting with React and PlanOut.
What we are looking for
Previous software engineering experience
Demonstrated empathy for design and UX best practice
You're comfortable with HTML, CSS and related technologies
Bonus points for ES6, SASS, Redux or Flux
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.Apply
Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack (Order Squad)
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
This is what you’ll do: ·Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying merchandise from the online store to configuring their vehicles and scheduling their service ·Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications ·Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps ·Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
Location: Palo Alto Rivian description: Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.Apply