Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Senior Software Engineer!
Where We Are
Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut and in Montana. You'll work remotely from a location in the UK/EU alongside our Edinburgh-based teams.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster.
You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it.
You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Product Delivery team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll lead a team (or teams) of Software Engineers, keeping everyone focused on the deliverables for our customers, helping solve problems and encouraging the growth and development of your people. One of our company values is Always Improving and we believe this is achieved through regular, relevant and constructive feedback, so it's crucial you are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback.
Even as a team lead, you'll still take ownership of writing your own code and you'll be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. We're all about collaboration so our teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback and share best practice.
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Work a four day week but get paid for five
- Work around your life with our flexible working policy
- Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas win, whomever has them.
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Do your best work using brand new tech
- Learn, learn, learn
Apply now and work remotely at Administrate
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Maze is a user testing and usability research platform that turns prototypes into actionable insights from real users, bringing confidence to the design process.
We're official partners with the world's best design companies: InVision, Figma, Sketch, Marvel, and Adobe! More than 40,000 designers and product managers from companies like Salesforce, Microsoft, and IBM are using Maze to power up their user testing process.
We believe that products should be tested at the design phase, and we empower product teams with data to remove all guesswork from building digital products. We're a fully remote company working from all over the world, backed by some of the world's top VCs. We love traveling, telling great jokes (read: puns with the word "maze" in it), and terrible drawings. Come join us!
You will work on all aspects of our current product, which includes:
- Our user-research platform, with all the challenges associated with complex data-visualisation & analytics dashboard.
- Our tester’s hiring platform, where you’ll work with us on building a complete marketplace from scratch.
- Prototyping tool integrations, or you’ll be able to work directly with the development teams of InVision, Marvel, Adobe, Figma and more.
- Our automated reporting platform, where you'll work on a comprehensive document for the whole product team to collaborate on.
As part of the Maze team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Architect and develop highly scalable web applications
- Work closely with our designer and engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish
- Help teammates improve when reviewing their work and appreciate feedback when they reciprocate
- Perfectly fluent in English
- GraphQL / nodeJS / Typescript professional experience
- Experience with functional programming
- Able to write maintainable and scalable code
- Write tests & always improve your work environment
- Enjoy working remotely
Interest for UX & UI design
Experience doing data-visualisation & canvas
Experience with deployment automation tools
A good dose of ambition, as well as a great sense of humor
Apply now and work remotely at Maze
Senior Frontend Engineer
Who we are
Hi! We are that super-groundbreaking technology provider you’ve probably never heard of! Our flagship products, the PhotoEditor SDK and VideoEditor SDK are fully customizable photo and video editing solution for web and mobile platforms that are being used by marvelously big brands like HP, Hootsuite, ZARA, and hundreds of other companies around the world. Our products for photo and video editing are world-class and market leaders, and we’re damn proud of it. 💪
Where we work
Our office is in the very heart of Bochum, but our team is working wherever they can thrive. From Bochum over Berlin, at the seaside or beyond the hills. We give you the freedom and tools to choose where you work best. We are currently on our way to become a remote-first company. We won’t get back to the old normal, as we don’t believe in an old normal.
Why we need you
We’ve become a quite buzzy startup in tech circles but we want to be a lot more than the buzz. Therefore we merged the talents of our team, bringing together the best of design, arts, and tech. After successfully developing our SDK flagships over the past years, we're going back to our roots and to what we are best at - creating the best development experience possible. And that's where you step in.
What you’ll do
- Join us at magical times where you’ll play a pivotal role in further developing and improving our UI development utilizing your expertise implementing React components and workflows. And behold, VideoEditor SDK for Web is coming . . .
- We're currently in a phase of maintaining, fine-tuning and improving the status quo of our SDKs, and bethink of what we assume to be most important - improving the developer experience and ease to use.
- You’ll build and implement pixel perfect React UIs, enhance our core technology with new features and core concepts, integrate it in other tool kits and support our customers with the integration.
- You’ll collaborate with your fellow designer colleagues to directly convert components and interactively shape the UI together.
- You’ll provide technical leadership on React frontend and UI development and mentor our team on best practices around frontend technologies.
This might be a job for you if you . . .
- have expertise developing professional frontends in React, Angular, VueJS or similar
- have a passion for technology and design, and maybe are interested in new fields like creative coding
- have experience with state management libraries such as Redux or MobX, as well as the React testing library or Cypress
- are passionate about developing creative tools that help create stunning content
- like to work self-sufficient and feel comfortable with jumping in at the deep and, but that's okay, 'cause you are convivial fellow and social butterfly 🦋
We are a razor-sharp team of coders and designers that’ll be always by your side to code, create and collaborate and together with you to always have the edge over everybody else. We are open about technology choices, and we like to tinker with the new stuff. So, the odds are overwhelming that, no matter what you like, you’ll find a place here to run free your affinity for cutting-edge technologies.
Apply now and work remotely at IMG.LY