Front-end Jobs nearChicago, IL
Full Stack Web Developer With React Ruby Docker Experience
Immediate need to debug project using Ruby on Rails and Docker
Looking for an individual who is very experienced in React, Ruby on Rails, database migration, and Docker.
This is an existing project that needs someone to figure out existing, difficult roadblocks… with potential for continued work on the site.
Your work will be centered on the development of a large-scale web application built with Ruby on Rails, Docker, Webpack, and React with a custom CMS and PostgreSQL database.
You'll be tasked with writing both back-end and front-end application code to build out the site, add features and functionality, debug, and oversee all new development.
Candidates should be comfortable on either end of the tech stack, adept at complex problem-solving, and able to hit the ground running as the primary developer on a project.
• Writing maintainable, modular front-end code in React.
• Using and refining front-end build scripts using Webpack.
• Writing back-end code in Ruby for a Ruby on Rails server-side web application framework.
• Managing a Docker Container and configuration for multi-tier development environment.
• Working with PostgreSQL database and related back-end technologies.
• Following Git and GitHub best practices to maintain a clean and well documented, version-controlled codebase and managing issues and milestones on deadline.
• Overseeing all project DevOps such as code deployments on regular sprint cycles and build script configurations.
• Our staging and production servers are both hosted on AWS EC2 instances so responsibilities will include maintaining those hosting environments which run Docker with an Nginx reverse proxy for handling incoming requests.
• At least three years of experience as a full-stack web developer working with Ruby and React, end-to-end.
• Proficiency with Rails-based content management systems and authorization systems.
• Understanding of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and cloud computing services.
• Hands-on experience with the AWS ecosystem and maintaining unmanaged servers.
• Comfort with the terminal, running command-line based utilities, and shell scripting (e.g. Bash).
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English.
• Proven success in a lead developer role.
Apply now and work remotely at Radish Lab
Web Application Developer
Telmar (https://www.telmar.com/), the world’s largest independent provider of strategic targeting and media planning solutions for advertisers and data suppliers is seeking a Web Application Developer with an interest in the media planning industry and the technology that surrounds it.
This is a remote-first opportunity for candidates residing in a Central or Eastern Standard Time Zone, USA, and Canada.
We are building a rapidly growing global software development team that will leverage intuitive software, robust analysis and data visualization techniques that reveal hidden insights from reliable but complex data sources to deliver sound strategies for our clients worldwide.
In this role, you will be designing, developing, and maintaining applications that are deployed on our cloud-delivered platform. This role will initially be focused on TOPS, Telmar’s Out of Home Application, a product that is integral to the Telmar product platform and provides a comprehensive outdoor advertising planning system with detailed site level and market average reach and frequency evaluation.
As a crucial part of a dynamic agile team, you will collaborate with very experienced business leaders and technologists in the media planning industry and will have an awesome opportunity to expand your business acumen as well as build cutting-edge technology essential to the media planning industry.
This position also offers significant opportunities for growth technically and in management, especially in DevOps as we scale.
As part of a team that focuses on talent ahead of location, Telmar values the ethos of work fitting lifestyle making it essential to this role that you:
❖ Can manage your own workflows and outcomes
❖ Are be comfortable with rapid-paced prototyping
❖ Can be dedicated to long term production stability
❖ Enjoy working with highly collaborative tools e.g. Confluence, JIRA, G-Chat, Meet, etc
❖ Are a highly effective communication, regardless of medium
Apply now and work remotely at Telmar