Front-end Jobs nearDenver, CO
Full stack Product Engineer
Theta is hiring great people to help make the next generation of software that empowers creative thinking. Join us and help empower digital workers everywhere to solve their most challenging problems.
👋 About Theta
Software has improved dramatically in recent years and the problems our companies are solving today are more complex than ever. Yet we're still using docs, a tool specifically built for long-form writing, as our core tool for creative thinking and collaboration with our team.
We think we can do better.
At Theta, we're building the missing visual thinking tool to empower you to effortlessly map out your ideas in an infinite 2d space, reference information from your other systems (code, designs, analytics), and make sense of complexity that is modern work. We believe visual thinking is the fastest, most effective way to think creatively and communicate with clarity across teams.
We have fantastic investors who have backed companies like Heroku, PagerDuty, and Circle CI.
💪 Our Team
We're builders and we care a ton about product quality, from the engineering to the small details of user experience. We're huge believers in remote + distributed teams and have worked remotely for large parts of our careers. When we became frustrated with the existing tools for creative thinking and collaboration, we decided to build Theta.
Our CEO Eric is a full-stack engineer with a big focus on user experience and has lead product engineering teams at successful developer tools companies like Keen IO (exited) and Lightstep (recently acquired by ServiceNow). Our first engineering hire, Luiza, has lead engineering teams at ThoughtWorks, Dell, & Gap, is core contributor to Etherpad (the popular real-time collaborative text editor), and has significant experience building multi-player products.
We're fully distributed and will always be a remote-first company. We're looking for people that appreciate what remote work is like and are excited to contribute to making us one of the world's best remote teams.
⭐ Our Values
- Aim to delight: We think software can be a lot more delightful to use. There's a certain feel to the work produced by people who care deeply about quality, and we want to be those people.
- Speed wins: We think that all else being equal, the fastest company wins. We aim to deliver fast and impress our users with a constant stream of improvement.
- Kindness first: We think there's no reason to be anything other than kind. We think you can have a very high bar and be very direct while also being very kind.
- Build together: We think the best work is produced by groups of people with high trust who collaborate deeply to come up with creative solutions. This means exchanging help and ideas on our work very frequently.
🚀 Impact you'll have
We're looking for people who are excited to:
- Participate in crafting the direction of our product
- Build a product where interactions are instant
- Help build our company culture & make Theta an incredible place to work
- Create a best-in-class multi-player product that feels butter smooth
- Make the world's best visual thinking and collaboration tool
- Use the product you work on every day
🤖 Our Stack
- 100% Typescript
- Vercel, Render, AWS S3
🎯 Who would do well on this team
You'd thrive on this team if some of the points below apply to you:
- Excited to join a tiny engineering team and have significant, direct responsibility for major projects
- Are very independent and self-directed, identifying the right things to work on and solving your own problems
- Worked at 1 or more startups before and know what it's like
- Care about browser performance and are will dive deep to ensure things are fast
- Comfortable debugging gnarly UI issues as well as building clean and performant APIs
- Care about product quality and having a solid & fast test suite
🧰 What the job is like
Some of the things that define what it's like to be a Theta engineer:
- We write a ton of code. We don't do long planning sessions – we dive right in and start figuring things out as we go.
- We over-communicate: We communicate early and often. We write detailed PR descriptions, bug reports, or docs for our ideas.
- We work to achieve pixel perfect designs.
- We're accountable for the quality and delivery of our work.
- We ask for help when we need it (instead of disappearing) and we offer help when our teammates need it (instead of being focused only on your own work).
- We talk about what the user experiences often during our work.
Apply now and work remotely at Theta
Lead Front End Developer
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for leading our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google * Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
Apply now and work remotely at America's Test Kitchen
As a Full-stack developer at Clevertech you will actively contribute to creating software solutions that will set industry standards. You will work alongside some of the best in a collaborative environment while focusing on your core skills. Be a master of your craft while being 100% remote and never have to worry about filling in timesheets.
7+ years of professional experience (A technical assessment will be required)
Senior-level experience in the front-end (React) and back-end (Node, Express, Mongo, SQL)
Additional Java experience will be advantageous
Ability to create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
English fluency, verbal and written
Personality traits: Professional, problem solver, proactive, passionate, team player.
Learn more about Clevertech
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms