Front-end Jobs nearLehi, UT
Human Friendly React Engineer
Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We're a graduate of the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just recently raised a Series A round, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 called Shogun Frontend (you can read more about that in Tech Crunch).
Our team is fully remote, distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
An experienced front-end Software Engineer in North America or the UK who will be working directly on one of our client-facing products, helping people build highly performant pages and PWAs for their eCommerce stores.
You'll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs and tools for making web apps by utilizing modern technologies and solutions like TypeScript, React, Webpack, GraphQL, etc
You'll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement
You'll work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces
You'll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle, along with communicating with other internal teams
You'll regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorm high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements
You'll proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve
Have worked everyday with TypeScript for at least two years
Excellent knowledge of React and testing (Jest, React-Testing-Library, etc)
2+ years knowledge of GraphQL, Node.js, and Next.js
Advanced understanding of web fundamentals (accessibility, security, DOM, SEO, how browsers work, etc)
Deep knowledge about web performance and page speed with React, Google Lighthouse, and more.
Great knowledge of Webpack and how to configure it properly
Love of engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
Good written and verbal communication in English
Real-world TypeScript code we can review
Knowledge of bundlers outside of Webpack (e.g. Rollup or Parcel) and their proper configurations
Working experience building PWAs
A competitive salary
Benefits (vary by location)
An environment that cares highly about the quality of the code and good practices. We’ve suffered enough without them!
A fully remote work environment - our team is global and has been remote from the very start!
Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Apply now and work remotely at Shogun
Senior Frontend Engineer
Promoboxx is the only retail marketing platform powered by brands
We enable national manufacturing brands to connect, manage, and market through their entire retail channel. We are proud to partner with leading global brands with over 3 million retailer campaigns shared. Promoboxx is transforming the way retailers and brands market together at the local level. We are rapidly expanding and we are looking for the next great engineer to join our team!
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Engineer who will lead efforts across building, scaling and evolving our constantly growing product and infrastructure. You will work closely with our business partners to deliver new features as a part of an autonomous cross-functional squad that has been staffed with a Product Manager, Frontend and Backend Developers, QA, and Design.
You will embrace our DevOps team culture and champion owning your code across environments in our AWS cloud platform. Using an agile methodology, you will develop features alongside the frontend members of the team to ensure end-to-end performance for our users. As a teammate, you will seek ways to improve the team’s delivery and quality on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy front-end applications with an emphasis on user-friendliness, robustness, and maintainability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Solve problems and experiment with new ideas. Break down existing software while working with and influencing teammates to improve overall quality and architecture
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are:
- You are a professional software engineer with 5+ years of experience building high-performance front-end experiences
- Demonstrable proficiency writing single page applications with the React library or similar JS library/framework
- You are proficient with CSS abstraction layers (SASS, JSS)
- Experience using and wiring up RESTful HTTP APIs
- You know and care about continuous delivery and automated testing
- Experience using webpack or similar build tools
- Experience using CI/CD software or services
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Bonus Points For:
- You have experience working in AWS and are familiar with tools like Terraform
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Facebook Marketing and Graph API or other social APIs
What Promoboxx Can Offer You:
- Remote friendly
- Competitive salary, health benefits, stock options, and a 401K match program
- Flexible PTO for vacation, as well as sick days when you need them most
- Employee rewards program and other professional development opportunities
- An open, collaborative work environment with an amazing team and experienced leadership to help you succeed and grow
Promoboxx is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply now and work remotely at PromoboxxApply
Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to make learning easy and fun. We know that educational inequities have left students overwhelmed and fending for themselves. In order to close the opportunity gap, we need to create space for students to be creative and curious. To do this, we've created a social network for online learning communities through interactive content and courses. Because of COVID, we're in a lightning strike moment for education and we're fired up to change the way things are for high school students.
The Fiveable Team
We're a creative group of former teachers, community builders, game designers, and generally curious people who are driven by social impact. We're focused on building a diverse team and are inclusive of all backgrounds. And we're big on growth mindsets - we're all learning!
Learn more about us:
👉 Check out our site - https://fiveable.me
🥳 Read about our latest funding announcement
Who we're looking for:
In the last few months, we have nearly quadrupled our user base since schools have been closed. This has caused our development team to be on a full sprint developing new features that meet the needs of the students, teachers, and Fiveable stakeholders to improve our web application performance, UI, and UX.
We are looking for a creative, passionate front-end or full-stack developer, who is interested in having their work be impactful. If you want to clock-in and clock-out and get your work done, then wipe your hands clean, we're not looking for you. We want the person who pours their heart into their work. Who cares about the application they are building. Who cares about the mission behind the triumphs and failures. Who wants to participate in making Fiveable the best EdTech platform to ever exist. Who wants to be an essential part of our small, passionate team. And who has interest in growing their career alongside a venture-backed startup. The students we support need engineers this dedicated.
- Creative - You always find a way to get something done.
- Passionate - You care deeply and pour yourself into what you do.
- Efficient - You work smarter, not harder.
- Candid - You communicate consistently and authentically.
- Flexible - You go with the flow and find new paths to your goals.
- Extensive knowledge of React, GraphQL, Node.js, HTML, CSS, Postgres, Firebase
- Ability to translate designs and wireframe into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across all devices and browsers
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Understanding of Git and NPM
- Ability to quickly identify issues and debug code in high-pressure situations
Be an imaginative innovator, a pioneer, an intellect, and an idea hamster.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Analyze all of the current systems and processes
- Build reusable components
- Learn and apply new technologies that improve the development process or UX
- Keep your current tasks updated in our project management tools
- Be involved in meetings, speak your mind, share ideas for product improvements
- Be a problem solver; be resourceful; help your teammates when you can
Nice to Have Skills
- Fast-paced, agile startup development experience
- Experience with Next.js, Hasura
- Experience with unit and integration testing for React
- Experience with TensorFlow
Benefits of Working at Fiveable:
- Be on the front line of education innovation at an early stage startup
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world and build your home office with a generous stipend
- Inclusion & diversity as a company priority
- Comprehensive benefits (Health, Dental, and Vision)
- Unlimited paid days off and stipends for mental health support
- Competitive compensation with stock options
Apply now and work remotely at Fiveable - Social Learning for High School Students