Front-end Jobs nearLehi, UT
Engineering Manager, Mobile
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As an Engineering Manager, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
We put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
We have just released our brand new flagship iOS and Android apps! Both apps were re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift and Kotlin respectively. Click here to see more information about our stack.
We have a team of 12 engineers and several interesting projects in the pipeline. We are looking for an Engineering Manager with hands-on experience as a mobile software engineer working in either iOS or Android platforms. You will work alongside project managers and tech leads for the mobile teams, you will report directly to the VP, Engineering.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our mobile applications are written primarily in Swift and Kotlin, see more details
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll aid in the recruiting, on-boarding, mentorship, growth, and ongoing efficacy of the mobile team.
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and engineers to drive mobile projects from beginning-to-end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
What we’re looking for:
- You are a hands-on manager, able to lead software engineers by example
- You have managed small teams before, and you are passionate about their well-being, and optimizing software engineering models
- You have recruited, on-boarded, trained and managed software engineers before
- You have worked with Product teams on delivering production level software loved by a large audience
- Knowledgeable in any of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java
- Knowledgeable on Functional Reactive Programming
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing software for the iOS or Android platform
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are passionate about mobile applications and you stay on top of the latest iOS or Android news
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- A great SoMA office if working from SF, and a thriving distributed team if working remotely
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
**About Doximity **
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of [Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.](https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2018/sectors/social-media Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply now and work remotely at Doximity