Front-end Jobs nearLehi, UT
Software Development Lead
Ready to lead and grow a team of developers while executing the company vision? We need a Principal Developer who can grow our team from 3 to 15 developers by the end of next year, while having a direct impact on the growth and future of the organization. You’ll be able to work remotely from anywhere in North America and we’re looking for someone to get started right away with growing the team!
At Funnelytics, we provide the ultimate tool for marketers. We’re working to build the gold standard in marketing analytics products. We believe that analytics should be an interactive experience, rather than a simple visualization of charts and graphs. Analytics products with the same dry metrics are all too common. Our mission is to provide a marketing analytics platform that intuitively opens up new insights that you would only otherwise get from a team of data scientists.
We’re based out of Toronto, Canada, but you’re free to live anywhere in North America. There are 15 of us and we’re a pretty fun crew. We’re proud and excited about the work we’re doing. We can’t wait to meet you, share our passion, and bring you aboard!
The Job Overview:
We are looking for someone ASAP! As the Principal Developer at Funnelytics, you will play an instrumental role in reshaping the way in which businesses and marketers think about web analytics. We’ve thrown away traditional charts and graphs to start from scratch to build an immersive analytics platform.
You’ll take charge of growing out our engineering group from a modest team of three developers to a team of eight, and ensuring that those teams are able to do their best work under your leadership.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll be leading the vision of the development and growing the team.
You will be personally responsible for leading a team of 3 incredible developers. We are expecting rapid growth over the next 6 to 12 months and need you to build out your driven and qualified development team to 8 members by early 2021.
We need a ‘Hands-on Developer’ who has no problem jumping in and learning the system.
Day to Day:
Setting up processes
- Driving Agile development methodology
- Working within JIRA
- Building integrations with multiple marketing platforms
- Work closely with the Product Team for improvements
- Development with Node and Redshift
- Interviewing and hiring decisions on which highly-qualified engineers to bring on board
**Responsibilities and Projects:
- Expand an engineering team focused on building the future of analytics.
- Coach a team of engineers to remove roadblocks and implement features to the best of their abilities.
- Implement processes to keep the engineering team performing at their peak.
- Take the lead in new initiatives to increase security, monitoring, and testing.
- Create and enforce timelines for development projects.
- Construct an execution plan to reach goals set out in our technical vision.
- Keep stakeholders informed on the progress of projects and the status of engineering.
- Create strategies to reduce technical debt while continuing to deliver value to customers.
- Create KPIs to maintain accountability.
**Remember this role is 100% Remote in North America!
An Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- Experience with Node and Redshift (customer-facing analytics)
- A proven track record of building out engineering teams. If you have had past experience of growing out a small dev team one to two times, that’s great!
- Experience in building out analytics products.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- No egos or micro-management. We want someone who just wants to build out the best software and take pride in their work.
- It’s preferable if you’ve worked in small companies, but we’re open to backgrounds in large companies as well.
**Nice to haves:
This is a more backend focused role but frontend experience is helpful.
Cultural competency is important to us. We are looking for someone who is adaptable and can easily embrace change in a fast-moving environment. We are all team players and we encourage everyone to be transparent and communicate. We are problem solvers and always support each other to do the best work we can. Our company provides a culture where our team members can evolve professionally and personally while taking a sense of pride and ownership in everything they do.
So, what do you think? We want to hear from you! Our team is excited about adding a Principal Developer to our team and look forward to meeting you.
Apply now and work remotely at Funnelytics
Learning Tapestry is an engineering and consulting agency building the future of education.
We believe in working remotely, flexible work arrangements and delivering great work.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Node.js and React.js.
Required Skills and Experience
- You have either:
Computer Science or Engineering degree or other STEM degree, or
Exceptional professional software engineer experience and expertise
- Senior in Node.js development
- Experienced in React.js development
- You have very good written communication skills, fluent written English, and comfortable, clear spoken English.
- At least five years of Software Engineering Experience.
- Write clean, self-explanatory code using S.O.L.I.D. and design patterns
- Experience consuming APIs
- Experience with SQL DBs. Specifically experience with Postgres a plus, as we use mainly Postgres.
- Experience working in collaborative environment using git (e.g. GitHub).
- Comfortable using ticket-based technical project management (e.g., GitHub tickets and boards)
- Some DevOps/Linux experience with AWS/Azure/Rackspace/Heroku/DigitalOcean
- Continuous Integration and Deployment experience (e.g., CodeShip, Cloud66)
Learning Tapestry is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply. We are also particularly interested in individuals who have lived in or worked with underserved communities such as low-income, gender nonconforming, disabled, or indigenous peoples.
Apply now and work remotely at Learning Tapestry
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 13 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to become one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps.
To make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious ReactJS developer to join our fully remote team of 65 people.
Why you will love it
You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working space of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features with rapid data updates
You’ll be developing in fast cycles and releasing frequently with continuous build, testing and direct team feedback
Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
Apply now and work remotely at komoot
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms