Front-end Jobs nearLehi, UT
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a builder that leads by example and gets stuck into everything that touches our product. Come help us make the best technical decisions to craft a product of lasting value for our first and future customers.
If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd be one of the first team members and can have great influence on the next steps we take.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Read these values and they resonated with you.
- Are a true product builder and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Can put an infrastructure in place that handles / parses a lot of data.
- Can move fast and help us ship a first version (that is revenue-ready) in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Have always wanted to build your own team.
- You take action and pay attention to detail.
- You have superior communication skills
You will be responsible for end-to-end web application development as we work on the early versions of Cogsy's platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Product development
- API design & development
- Database and systems administration
- Metrics / Growth / AB testing
- 3rd-party integrations
We expect you to be a generalist with the ability and confidence to work on any part of our stack. These are (some of) the tools that we work with every day:
- Relational database (MongoDB)
- Aggregation engine (Elasticsearch)
- Caching (Redis)
- Async messaging (RabbitMq)
- Bonus: Python experience
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on CET or EST (or +- 1 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3 / 4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- Salary is market-related and open for discussion / negotiation.
- True flexible work: work wherever and however you need to work to be at your best and ensure you stay connected to the team.
- Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations. All expenses paid of course.
- Minimum holiday policy, which basically means you take time off whenever you need it to recharge or attend to other matters. And the team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Maternity and paternity leave for those individuals that plan to discover to joys of having (more) kids.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, travelling or being a nomad.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. Whatever helps you develop as an individual and the best you is what we'll pay for.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavour to help our customers do the same.
Apply now and work remotely at Cogsy
Jobs farther away
Senior Full Stack Engineer
*Given our work with health plans sponsored by the US government, this posting is for US-based citizens only.*
### About DocStation
DocStation takes pharmacists from pills to patients. We analyze data provided to us by our partner health plans and pharmacies to find care opportunities where pharmacists can make a large impact on patient health. To make this work, we pair our easy-to-use interface with our efficient data pipeline to help pharmacists focus on what they do best: care for patients. We're an early stage company looking to transform the $3.2 trillion healthcare industry via the $450 billion pharmacy industry.
### About the role
We're looking for a self-motivated full-stack engineer ready to work on major projects like building appointment scheduling from scratch or revamping our patient search. You'll work closely with our product team to understand our customer needs, establish iterative deliverables, and ship production-ready code. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge across the stack, including our data processing infrastructure.
**What you'll do**
- Create and roll out tested and production-ready features for our pharmacies and health plans
- Research and triage bugs based on urgency that come in through our support team
- Build supportive tooling for our internal processes, either CLI-based or via our admin interface.
- Work closely with other engineering leads to set up any infrastructure needed to support new features
- Help and mentor other engineers on the team and at DocStation to drive product and engineering excellence
- Write documentation about how features and functionality works so others, and yourself, can reference it in the future
**What you'll bring to DocStation**
- Extensive experience working on large UI-focused web applications utilizing modern frameworks (Express and React)
- Experience with cloud-based software architecture (AWS)
- Enthusiasm for shipping to customers with a bias toward action
- Ability to collaborate to understand requirements and then set your own course with incremental goals
- Readiness to acquire new skills and knowledge in a complex industry
### Company Benefits
- Fully distributed company - work from wherever you're most comfortable
- Competitive pay and equity
- Great health benefits for you and family
- Equipment you need to do your job, including a home office stipend
- Annual education allowance
- Monthly self-care allowance
### How to apply
Submit your application with a highly detailed cover letter that talks about the following:
- An experience you've had integrating multiple data sources into a single front-end API
- A time you squashed a hard-to-trace bug
- Anything else you'd like us to know
*DocStation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*Apply