Front-end Jobs nearLehi, UT
Senior PHP WordPress plugin developer
WP White Security is a young development company that develops high-quality WordPress security and management plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 150,000 websites and are used by world renowned businesses such as Disney, Amazon, and Intel!
Even though we have a very large customer base, we are still a small team. So there is a lot of room to grow within the company.
What will your job be?
You will work on the development of our WordPress plugins portfolio. Your tasks will span from designing new features (with the team), writing code and bug fixing, expecting that new and changed code is thoroughly tested and well documented. You will also help the other developers, conduct code reviews of their code, test their code, help our support team solve customer issues, and interact with the rest of the team for knowledge sharing and product work.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Organized, methodological and can work with very little or no supervision
- 5+ years experience working as a PHP / WordPress plugin developer (mostly back end development)
- Hands on experience with testing automation and writing testable code (unit testing) etc
- Strong background in scalable database usage with MySQL
- Good understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) environments
- Hard working and passionate – we are a young start-up
- [BONUS] Good skills in react.js and jQuery
- [BONUS] good understanding of both WordPress and application security
Benefits of working for us
- Work from anywhere (during European time zone hours)
- Job security and competitive salary
- Work in a flat, small, and friendly organization
- Paid educational materials (including but not limited to online courses and books)
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps
- Long term engagement – we are looking for a committed candidate who within a few years can become a team lead and a source of knowledge
The salary for this position depends on your experience and technical skills. This is something we will discuss during the application process.
Apply now and work remotely at WP White Security
Website WordPress Developer
You would be supporting our clients with their website needs, including making CSS changes, changing layout, and adding new features and functionality.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Freshdesk for tech support tickets and Slack for team communication. There are occasionally some team meetings done via Zoom.
You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
You decide what you want your hours to be. You just need to communicate with the team regularly.
You get paid on an hourly basis. This is a contract position and payments are made every two weeks, in accordance with our payroll schedule.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 20-35 hours per week. Requests vary in scope and size and some take longer than others.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least twelve months.
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call. We are hiring multiple team members, based upon skills and experience.
Please no phone calls, emails directly to team members, LinkedIn connection requests or Facebook messages. Only applicants who have followed the instructions and applied via the form on our website or email to email@example.com will be considered.
Apply now and work remotely at Interstellar Support
Senior WordPress Backend Developer
We are looking for a talented, process-oriented expert PHP developer with strong WordPress experience and Technical Lead to strengthen our team and build on our technical foundation.
The expert developer understands the business outcomes customers expect and works to deliver the product and customer requests on time and within budget while actively participating in the projects production cycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work together with our product team to build and maintain the BuddyBoss products.
- Contribute by building new features, plugins, fixing issues and constantly improving our products.
- Assist the customer support team in resolving customer issues in relation to the product.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, and release new patches.
- Help in managing the software development, making new product releases, and communicating the information to our customers.
- Help lead the development and ensure high quality outputs
- Lead QA — on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Closely oversee the performance of critical tasks such as live site migrations, live site maintenance, emergency fixes and other related
Required Skills & Experience
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in a technical field
- 7+ years web application development experience
- 7+ years PHP
- 3+ years of WordPress Experience
- Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs.
- A good understanding of REST best practices
- Advanced SQL knowledge creating, maintaining and improving performance
- Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of prototyping
- Results / Quality / Process oriented
- Can effectively translate business requirements into features & functional outputs
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams is a big plus. Our team is mostly distributed with team members in over 10 countries.
- Experience building on BuddyBoss Platform, BuddyPress and/or bbPress
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, React
Salary will be based on experience level.
We are looking to fill multiple positions.
Apply now and work remotely at BuddyBoss
Jobs farther away
Front End Web Developer
Neighborhood Loans is looking for a talented Front End Web Developer to join our growing team in Downers Grove, IL. The Front End Developer is responsible for creating responsive web sites in collaboration with creative and marketing team members.
Creation of custom page templates/pages based on PSD designs
SEO standard knowledge of correct HTML usage
Help with creation of new websites on multi-site WordPress install.
Ability to showcase your previous work through a portfolio of recent projects.
Custom WordPress theme creation