Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Howdy 👋 We’re the folks at SkyVerge, where we build products (like Jilt and WooCommerce Memberships) that help over 100k+ eCommerce brands grow and manage their businesses. Our team is 100% remote, with 34 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to join our growing engineering team and build fast, secure, and maintainable code in PHP.
You should be:
- Able to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Committed to constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Excited to work in a team oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one another
Bonus points if you also have:
- WooCommerce experience
- Experience with payment gateways, especially integrating with their APIs
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React
- Experience working in an Agile development team
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building features and fixes based on well defined specifications for multiple products
- Investigating and fixing bugs reported by users or support team members
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to team members
- Participate in the full development lifecycle from research and planning of engineering implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to our own open-source code (like our plugin framework) and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- A team oriented approach focused on helping everyone grow
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Scotland!)
- Fantastic benefits: 28 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here. Applications accepted through March 6th. We can’t wait to meet you!
*We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Apply now and work remotely at SkyVerge