Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
**Backend Developer (TypeScript / Node.js)
We are looking for a backend developer to build chatbots and related services. We write most of our services in TypeScript, but will occasionally use other languages when it makes sense (such as Rust when predictable memory usage and latency are required). You'll be joining an experienced team that is still continuously experimenting and improving.
- Develop new services and APIs, and improve existing ones
- Work with other engineers to choose the best libraries, algorithms, and approaches to solve problems
- Write readable, efficient code that can pass peer review and review the pull requests of other developers
- Package your service as a container and document how to use it
- Design automated load tests and end-to-end tests
Strong proficiency with TypeScript and Node.js
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks
Experience with SQL databases
Some understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 (understanding of React is a strong plus)
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Call Levels Pte Ltd
Senior Backend Node Engineer
Codelitt is looking for a Senior Full Stack engineer with experience building highly complex applications, using C#, .NET Core, React and GraphQL, to join our team.
You will work with our client, a commercial real estate firm, to build and implement a solution that helps real estate owners and occupiers see options and context in the market.
Apply now and work remotely at Codelitt
Senior Staff Engineer
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes.
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply now and work remotely at ShopifyApply