Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Who are we looking for?
To help evolve our product offering, we're looking for Senior Fullstack Engineers with a focus on frontend web and mobile projects developed in React or React Native. We're looking for someone passionate, who has an aptitude and desire towards learning, and who's above all not afraid of technical challenges!
Working as a key member of our technology team, you'll be responsible for implementing important new features of high quality and usability that will be used globally by millions of online and offline consumers.
You’ll be using exciting new technologies like React, Redux, ES6, typescript, Node, Docker, Mongo, Python and many many more.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000 – 80,000/ year
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Preferred time zone: CET or +/- 3 hours
What does our Tech team look like?
We currently have 15 people in our Tech team (1 Chief Technology Officer, 6 Fullstack Engineers, 1 DevOps, 4 Computer Vision Engineers, and 3 Designers). Joining the team, you'll have the opportunity to grow alongside your colleagues and learn new things every single day.
We prefer an agile and asynchronous way of working and are organised in 2 weeks sprints with a mid check-in. Things we value most is trust, ownership, flexibility, and growth (both personal and professional).
What you should know?
Experience with Redux, TypeScript, styled-components
Solid understanding of version control (git workflow), testing, continuous integration and deployment
Succeeding in this role requires english proficiency.
Extra points for: React Native, Mobile development, Node.js, MongoDB, Parse Server, Deep learning, AR and computer vision
What does our hiring process look like?
Our hiring process is divided into 4 steps
Step 1: Initial screening
Step 2: Assignment (we promise to keep it fun and short, max. 45 - 60 mins)
Step 3: Meet our CTO and technical team
Step 4: Offer
What do we offer?
Full-time work, remote preferred
Flexible working hours
Skill development & well-being budget
Paid vacation time (5 weeks/ year + 10 local holidays)
Paid parental leave
Who are we?
Revieve is a market-leading beauty-technology company partnered with 100+ global brands on 4 continents building the new standard of commerce across skin, beauty, health and wellness. We enable brands and retailers to drive their customer-experience leveraging AI, AR and Computer-Vision. We've been fortunate to partner with world-leading brands including ULTA, Shiseido, Unilever and others to drive business results.
We’re a group of creative minds and growth-minded action-takers. We’re proud of the work we do and inspired by the people we work with. Although we are organised in different departments, many of us wear multiple hats and thrive in the ability to learn new things and grow, both professionally as well as personally.
We’re inherently global with a diverse team of about 50+ people representing 20+ nationalities across 3 continents and 8 different time zones.
If you join us, you'll be able to enjoy being part of a fast-paced environment where we get stuff done and are fully aligned on a shared vision.
Apply now and work remotely at RevieveApply
Senior Staff Engineer
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes.
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply now and work remotely at ShopifyApply
Full Stack Engineer
Adeva is a remote network of tech professionals and we're looking for React Developers to join us.
What can you expect?
- Become part of a vibrant developers' community, where you can collaborate and share knowledge with amazing people from all around the world.
- Get access to unique opportunities for professional growth.
- Work remotely as part of an international distributed team.
- 3+ years of experience with React.js.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work remotely.
Apply now and work remotely at Adeva