Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Slai is the first machine learning deployment tool built for software engineers. Existing tools are clunky, unintuitive, and hard to use. Our goal is extend the capabilities of data scientists by creating the fastest pipeline to bring cutting edge research into production systems. We built Slai to solve this problem for ourselves, and we're laser-focused on delivering the best developer experience in the space.
We're hiring a Backend Engineer to join our founding team and build a model serving platform that is scalable, stable, and secure. You'll work closely with our CTO to build out the groundwork of our system.
- 3-5 years experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about delivering a best-in-class developer experience to our users
- Familiarity with at least some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Docker, Celery, Django
- Proficiency with ECS / EC2, or alternatively EKS / EC2
- Experience building an internal MLOps platform in a previous role
- Experience working with data scientists / data engineering teams
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
- Laptop of your choice
Apply now and work remotely at Slai
Full Stack Developer
Karshare is one of the UK's fastest growing car sharing communities. We connect renters with owners, creating a more sustainable, shared future where we can do more with less.
We are looking for a full stack developer who is going to implement exciting new features. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to influence and shape the delivery and development of key processes within our AWS Serverless environments. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of apps using various underlying technologies, including React, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, Typescript, Nodejs, Graphql with an event driven approach.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions e.g. Elastic Search, DynamoDB
- Write clean and robust code following good development principles (SOLID, DRY,
- Use TDD incl. unit, integration and end-to-end tests and be prepared to write tests for
all feature delivery
- Set up and maintain CI/CD flows
- Be instrumental in architecture, standards and tooling decisions
- Take part in researching, estimating and prioritizing features for roadmap
Skills And Qualifications
Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
Good knowledge of JS build tools
Solid understanding of security best practices
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Hands on experience designing and building REST (or GraphQL) APIs as well as consuming them
Familiarity with API authentication and authorisation mechanisms
SQL and NoSQL databases experience
Cloud based infrastructures (AWS) including SNS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB with automated serverless deployment
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Karshare
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Guiding humans with data
With a team of ambitious, international developers, AutoUncle has changed the game of how cars are bought and sold. We’re proud of how we’ve led the development of online transparency in the car market and grateful for the accelerated growth we've experienced the last years. Our results are a product of a human culture and a flair for big data.
Most people know AutoUncle for the search engine (native apps and web) used by millions of consumers across Europe. But, new colleagues tend to get very excited when they see the technological depth there is to AutoUncle’s platform (car valuations, indexing and data processing of millions of cars daily, pro dealership tools, automatic marketing platforms, automated billing and so much more).
Financially strong, fast growing and modern workstyle
When you join AutoUncle, you sign up for a journey of building one of Europe’s biggest consumer services. The company is financially strong and operates like a fast growing, modern company. In Product & Engineering you see this by:
- We've practiced and refined how to work remotely for many years
- We set annual and quarterly goals using OKRs
- We care about true agility and plan epics and sprints using Scrum
- We believe Scrum teams should be self-managing and come up with solutions to problems and opportunities, not just execute on tasks specced in detail by a manager.
- We make decisions based on data, run lots of A/B tests and have efficient ways to get rapid user feedback
- We invest in team and personal growth (retrospectives, team events, recurring 1:1s)
- We get together across teams to share what we work on and discuss the things that influence all of us such as having great development processes and maintaining a healthy code quality
- We methodically work with the company's culture at quarterly Company Meetups (virtual)
- We dedicate time to socialise (virtually and offsite events)
- We believe the best results are produced in environments where people enjoy working.
As you get started you’ll quickly appreciate that the company has a clear vision and a healthy work culture where honesty, feedback, personal development and humour are the cornerstones. We optimise for working smart and have a strong commitment to the type of workplace we want at AutoUncle.
Our current stack runs on Ruby on Rails, React.js, Webpack, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, Dedicated servers + AWS.
We work using Github, Slack, Trello, Honeybadger, Google Analytics/Optimize, New Relic, Semaphore as well as a range of internally built monitoring and management systems.
You’re a an experienced Ruby on Rails developer who cares about impact, collaborates well and enjoys mentoring others. We’re not picky about academic background, but expect that you:
- have a well-trained analytical mindset and are capable of designing architectures yourself
- work fluently with Ruby on Rails and have a non-religious approach to technology choices
- communicate effectively in English (written and verbally)
- are not shy of taking initiatives
- enjoy working in an environment where you contribute to the conventions and culture (we're always refining how we work)
To collaborate effectively we expect you to live in time zones GMT+0, GMT+1 or GMT+2 and have some experience with working remotely.
Read more about our culture and what makes us the Most Human Company.
Apply now and work remotely at AutoUncleApply