Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Lolly is a social dating iOS app that can be described as TikTok meets Tinder. Our platform allows people to stand out in a noisy world by being more attractive, funny, interesting through videos than they would through static pictures.
We have raised millions in capital from Ron Conway's SV Angel, Next Coast Ventures, Sequoia Capital Scouts and more. Other notable investors/advisors include: the ex-CEO of Apple, CBO of Snap, ex-CMO of Sequoia Capital and Stanford Business School, co-founder of WIRED, ex-CEO of Ticketmaster, founding exec of Netflix, and more.
- Full-time availability
- 4+ min years experience building highly available backend services that can handle millions of users
- Ability to explain complex engineering concepts to Technical and Non-Technical team members
- Extensive understanding of the following:
- Real-time communication
- Willing to work with us after-hours
- Positive attitude 🙂
👍 Bonus Points:
- Video Processing
- Image Processing
- Content Delivery Networks
- High-Availability Architecture
Apply now and work remotely at Lolly
Back end Software Developer Node.JS + Typescript
Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
- Work with a small team of top-tier developers who are designing great user experiences and building truly great applications for web
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, both software and hardware
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- In addition to code contribution, you will also participate in architectural review and design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years work experience as a software engineer or relevant experience
- at least 3+ yrs of experience in using Java Script
- Deep understanding and strong experience with Node.JS framework (3-5 years of professional experience needed)
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Experience working with Mongo.db
- Nice to have experience with: Docker, Microservices
- Proven track record of shipping software and successfully released apps (please include names and links on your resume)
- Strong attention to detail on every line of code, every unit test, and every commit message
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
Benefits when working with Upstack
- starter pack: Upstack swag (t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc.)
- work set-up: laptop or device as needed based on project's requirements;
- paid vacations in correlation with the worked time;
- ability to choose the project and the team;
- support for personal and professional growth;
- bonus structure for special events in your live (marriage, having a baby)
- flexible working hours;
- remote first - you can work from anywhere you choose;
We love when engineers send us a link to their Github and/or StackOverflow accounts, technical blog, or links to apps they've shipped.
Apply now and work remotely at Upstack Technologies, Inc.
Slai is the first machine learning deployment tool built for software engineers. Existing tools are clunky, unintuitive, and hard to use. Our goal is extend the capabilities of data scientists by creating the fastest pipeline to bring cutting edge research into production systems. We built Slai to solve this problem for ourselves, and we're laser-focused on delivering the best developer experience in the space.
We're hiring a Backend Engineer to join our founding team and build a model serving platform that is scalable, stable, and secure. You'll work closely with our CTO to build out the groundwork of our system.
- 3-5 years experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about delivering a best-in-class developer experience to our users
- Familiarity with at least some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Docker, Celery, Django
- Proficiency with ECS / EC2, or alternatively EKS / EC2
- Experience building an internal MLOps platform in a previous role
- Experience working with data scientists / data engineering teams
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
- Laptop of your choice
Apply now and work remotely at Slai