Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Senior Software Engineer
Muck Rack’s engineering team powers a platform that is meaningfully changing how journalists, PR pros, and marketers around the world work. Self-funded, globally distributed, and remote-first since our founding, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the “Best Places to Work in NYC” in 2019 and 2020. We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Front-End Developer to join our small but quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Front-End Developer you’ll work alongside the CTO, fellow software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that our product looks great and works well with our clients. Our engineers are not siloed to any part of the application – everyone contributes everywhere.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Front-End Developer focused on performance and profiling.
- Possess strong communication skills and can explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members.
- Have worked on complex, high-traffic sites at a startup or Software-as-a-Service company.
- Understand multiple front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.).
- Have been a part of planning and building front-end end-to-end and unit testing.
- Are familiar with Linux or Unix environments and the command line.
- Have demonstrable Python/Django experience
- Have a good understanding of responsive design, grids, typography, and layout.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility practices (ADA compliance).
- Desire to create something beautiful.
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.
We are actively interviewing candidates across the US, Canada, Poland and Bulgaria only
Apply now and work remotely at Muck RackApply
Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a second full-stack engineer with a strong focus on the back-end to support us in adapting our website, mobile app, and internal back-office to the US market. Being among the first developers, you are expected to have an impact from day one.
The ideal candidate is autonomous, driven, and highly excited by the project. We expect a high level of attention to details and implementation on the customer-facing interfaces, internal tooling, even back-end APIs.
The position is fully remote. We expect you to be based in Europe or at least in the same time zone.
- Implement new projects and features (front-end, back-end) from concept to completion
- Troubleshoot and debug existing applications
- Write clean, testable code with unit tests
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve our current applications
- Collaborate with back-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Build and improve code across the entire stack. Quality is not a trade-off.
- Contribute to building our engineering team: participate in technical reviews, architecture, design systems
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong React.js and Node.js experience
- Working knowledge of React Native and Redux-Saga
- Hands-on experience with REST APIs, HTML/CSS and ES6
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Some experience with CI/CD (Fastlane would be a plus)
- Previous experience at a fast-paced tech startup
- Full working proficiency in English
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
This is a fully remote position with frequent travel to the HQ, located in Brussels. We expect you to be based in Europe or at least in the same time zone.
Apply now and work remotely at Cohabs
Software Engineer Full Stack
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
- You are passionate about software engineering and look forward to make high-quality contributions to modern, production web applications
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself
- You default to concise and effective written and verbal communication
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Advance our Telemedicine platform which connects doctors and patients millions of times per month
- Help build a distributed system that puts clinical knowledge, secure messaging, and professional connections at a doctor’s fingertips
- Secure, cache, and optimize software systems that can handle millions of operations per day
- Help drive the product direction and change the landscape of medicine in the United States
- Join a “startup within a startup” and help us break into brand new industries
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, educational resources and conference access
- Family support and planning benefits
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- and much more! For a full list, see our career page
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 65 times per day
- We have over 450 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 75%+ distributed
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply now and work remotely at Doximity