Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Senior Software Engineer Front End
The big vision ✨
As a society, we spent the last decade solving delivery and bringing the physical grocery store online. What we missed is the simple fact that food was already online in the form of content in food communities, blogs and forums. In fact, food makes up a large portion of the social media content we consume today.
At Jupiter, we are pioneering food media & content shopping in the US, and in doing so we're building the next version of grocery shopping. In this new version, customers will create, share and shop content directly from food communities where they find affinity. They'll be able to easily plan their meals and shop for ingredients in a single click, as well as share cooking tips with others — a 10x better way to shop that can only exist online.
We use data science and machine learning to automate the repetitive nature of grocery shopping and we’ve created a social shopping experience that is unique to the world of food. Join us on our mission to build magical food experiences that are convenient, healthy & fun!
## About your role 💫
As a founding frontend engineer at Jupiter, you'll have the opportunity to make foundational decisions around building the product for scale as we grow to 100k+ users:
- Making foundational decisions around the technical vision and architecture to build a beautiful cart experience that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Working closely with the design and product teams to create product roadmaps for innovative new product flows ranging from ordering, to cooking, to data collection and post order receipts.
- Working closely with the other engineering teams to implement product feature sets related to automation and personalization.
- Working closely with the growth team on communicating value to the new user on sign-up, and helping to make decisions around the staged rollout of features and how the experience should fit to the new user.
- Creating dashboards/reports to track performance of the cart and to log errors as they occur.
- Shaping our practice as one of our early hires, bringing your experience and knowledge of best practices to establish a strong engineering culture as we prepare our stack for scale.
About you 👩🚀
You might be a great fit if you
- Have 7+ years of experience in taking customer-facing products from conception to execution, and are excited about doing so again at Jupiter
- Have at least 3 years of experience with either either React, VueJS or Angular
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with a typed language
- Love crafting beautiful user experiences
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing
- Have a strong systems design foundation, with a proven track record of applying best practices
- Are ready to be an individual contributor, and have a proven track record of taking ownership to design/build sophisticated systems quickly while working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Have experience working with a typed JVM language (bonus points if Kotlin), gRPC/protobuf, Micronaut / Spring, and/or relational databases
- Have experience working with Webflow
- Have a proven track record of remote work
Apply now and work remotely at Jupiter
React Web Engineer
BaseConnect is a military only/invite only platform connecting service men and women to each other, the military installation, and the local community. We are building products that range from social and lifestyle applications to emergency management and communication. Our focus is improving the lives of military men, women, and their families by solving real world problems faced everyday by active duty, reserve and veterans.
We are building a mobile, web and cloud driven platform using modern technologies including:
- Web via React.js with Typescript
- Mobile via React Native/Typescript
- Cloud Node.js with TypeScript
- AWS (Aurora, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, SQS) Commercial and GovCloud
You are a highly motivated software engineer ready to work on an early stage software platform where your effort has a highly visible impact. You can quickly and easily adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment and enjoy rapid iteration without sacrificing quality, as we tackle a variety of problems and technologies. You are willing to learn skills, share and receive feedback and experience, helping others as our team grows.
You must be a United States citizen currently located within the United States.
About the Job
We are a remote team which leads to a high degree of individual autonomy and requires strong communication skills to help us all stay in sync. We are looking to add a new long-term member to our team as a direct full time hire possibly with a short contract-to-hire period at the beginning.
The full time salary rate for this position is between $90,000 and $120,000 per year (we offer very competitive benefits packages as well as equity options with full-time hires).
About the Position
- Maintain and improve existing features as well as implement new features
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging new and existing systems
- Designing features and writing specifications
- Implementing features according to specification
- Implementing/applying user interface design
- Comply with established policies and patterns adopted by the team
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience building web applications
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or relevant field)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of building software
- Expert knowledge and experience developing front-end web technology
- Experience developing production quality front-end web applications with React
- Basic understanding of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management, etc…
Nice to Have
- Experience writing mobile applications with React Native
- Experience building backend cloud components
- Knowledge of cloud software architecture
Apply now and work remotely at BaseConnect
Karat established the category of Interview Engineering to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. Karat’s solution combines 24/7 live technical interviews, rigorously tested interview formats, enterprise-grade Interview Infrastructure, and unmatched data visibility and insights. Karat helps clients hire faster and more effectively by unlocking productive engineering hours, improving the candidate experience, mitigating bias, and delivering a hiring signal that software engineering leaders trust to raise their hiring bar.
Karat Interview Engineers are a community of experienced software developers who are equipped with best practices and technology needed to provide the most predictive, fair, and enjoyable interviews to software engineering job candidates. Interview Engineers include software development managers, software engineers, and freelancers covering the full technology stack. As an Interview Engineer, you will interview job candidates using the Karat approach and interviewing infrastructure in a wide variety of roles on behalf of leading companies worldwide.
This opportunity is completely remote! Interview as much as you’d like, anywhere/anytime. We’ll pay $100 per interview (~60 minutes)
Experienced software engineer with multiple years of hands-on coding experience, current or past experience interviewing other software engineers (bonus), and strong written/verbal communication.
Once vetted, preparation will be ~ 2 weeks of training with our team to get familiar with our process and tools!
Apply now and work remotely at KaratApply