Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Full Stack Engineer
As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with product management, business stakeholders, customer support, and engineering colleagues to develop appealing and intuitive product features in our web and mobile applications.
What you will do
- Implement the interactive and visual elements of web and mobile applications.
- Assist with rapid prototyping of new features.
- Design, develop, test and deploy code that is clean, robust and cross-browser compatible.
- Build libraries for future use.
- Perform peer code review.
- Participate in our agile development process – regular team updates, standup meetings, 1-on-1s.
- Solid experience with modern web technologies and frameworks (React experience a big plus).
- Good understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Dedication to writing clean, robust code with good unit test coverage.
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills.
- Passion for learning.
- Independent, results-oriented mindset.
- Appreciation for a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Desire for a career that makes an impact.
- 4+ years software development experience preferred.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C- level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first.
- Competitive benefits package that includes full suite of wellness benefits and stock options.
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day.
Salary is based on experience & location.
Apply now and work remotely at OhmConnect
Jobs farther away
Senior Full Stack Engineer
At NOCD, our mission is to improve the lives of those who have OCD. Despite being ranked by the World Health Organization as a top 10 most disabling condition, having a lifetime prevalence of over 2%, and causing people to be 10 times more likely to die by suicide, OCD is commonly misrepresented as a personality quirk. Moreover, the "gold-standard" treatment for OCD called Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) has never been widely-accessible. The mission of NOCD is to ensure everyone with OCD knows they are not alone and has access to evidenced based care.
We need the support of many to make this a reality. As a full stack engineer you'll help build out the platform that's used by tens of thousands of people a day. You'll work closely with design, product, operations teams to provide the right tools for our backend services and clients to be successful.
**Things you might do: **
Build a modern clinical EHR - help us bring great user experiences to the clinical setting
Implement data pipelines on GCP as we work on research publications around our protocols
Work with internal support teams so they can offer the best experience to our members
Simplify Billing + Insurance - Many people have used Stripe (which we use) but we’re bringing insurance billing to the modern age as well
Lead a new product initiative- How can we help families be more involved in the treatment process for example
**What we're looking for: **
Passion for our mission and empathy for our members- building for members means learning about what they're going through. We'll send you resources about OCD is from a members perspective and how it's managed from a clinical perspective
High Agency and bias to action - We are still a small company and there's a lot of work to do. We trust everyone we hire and will provide them any support they need
Abundance and growth mindset- There is always more we can do to serve our members. We hope this will be one of the most rewarding professional experiences of your career.
Clear communication- Ideas are better when shared so we hope that you can share them with others in written form.
5 + years of experience- You care about what you're building and have built significant production systems in the past. You are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary
**Tools we use: **
Web : NextJS / Typescript / Tailwind CSS / Netlify / React
Mobile : Swift / Flutter / Kotlin / Firebase
Backend : Python Flask / MySQL Aurora / Stripe + Paypal / Aptible / AWS
Data : FiveTran / GCP / BigQuery / Metabase / Google Sheets / Data Studio
Internal Tools : Retool / React Native / Google Sheets
Communication: Pen + Paper / Whiteboard / Figma / Google Docs / Slack / Clickup
Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
Flexible PTO policy
Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
NOCD is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.Apply