Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Senior Front End Developer
Cynomi is using novel technology and deep domain expertise to help protect small to medium size businesses from cyber security threats. There’s no SaaS in this market, and we’re building Cynomi in a technology-driven way.
Now is an amazing time to join us - we're still small but have recently raised a significant round of seed funding. Your work will have huge impact through growth phases and help define the company for the future.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a capable/experienced Front End developer to join us in our mission of providing small and medium businesses with world class cyber protection. You will be building, updating and maintaining our flagship product.
Your Impact & Responsibilities:
- Creating great user experiences with our design/UX team, both on UI and on beautiful reports
- Writing tests to ensure our code is fool proof
- Capturing data and insights from customers using in-house tools
- Deploying systems on AWS using automated deployment tools
- Integrating with backend systems to handle complex security workflows
- Growing and sharing your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Working with other talented engineers, and customer-focused teams with a diverse range of backgrounds
- The work will be split between backend and frontend with a heavier emphasis on frontend
Your Knowledge & Skills
B.Sc in computer science or equivalent
4+ years of programming experience with jsx, jss and js
4+ years' experience with ReactJS
Experience with REST principles
Server-Side Rendering with react and react-router.
Strong UI/UX understanding and implementation.
Self-learner and independent
The usage of testing tools as Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, Chai
Experience in Typescript
Experience in Node.js
Familiarity with Linux
Experience with cloud technologies – AWS
Portfolio/Github profile that shows off your work and ability to solve problems. We're very happy to look at different backgrounds :)
Our tech stack
Frontend: React, Redux
Backend: NestJS, Node JS, AWS EC2, Mongo, Lambda , Typescript
Tooling: GitHub + GitHub Flow, AWS, Mongo, Linux (development on Macs).
Best practices: Code reviews, Tests, CI, Exception tracking, Templated issue tracking
- Competitive pay
- Stock Options
- Influence in engineering practices and product direction
- Working with a capable and mostly remote team
- Hardware and workspace setup catered for
- Support with your career development
We try to keep things open, direct and transparent. An environment in which you’re encouraged to express your thoughts on any matter relating to the business and look forward to coming to work in the morning.
We are currently fully remote with 2 core teams in Tel Aviv and the UK, with a virtual daily standup kicking off at 9.30am BST. We expect that as we shift back to normal, and we may come into the office to synch periodically and enjoy each other’s company in East London. We don’t expect this to happen soon though.
It’s important to us that every Cynomi employee directly benefits from our success. All employees benefit from our share option scheme.
Apply now and work remotely at Cynomi
Senior Software Engineer Front End
The big vision ✨
As a society, we spent the last decade solving delivery and bringing the physical grocery store online. What we missed is the simple fact that food was already online in the form of content in food communities, blogs and forums. In fact, food makes up a large portion of the social media content we consume today.
At Jupiter, we are pioneering food media & content shopping in the US, and in doing so we're building the next version of grocery shopping. In this new version, customers will create, share and shop content directly from food communities where they find affinity. They'll be able to easily plan their meals and shop for ingredients in a single click, as well as share cooking tips with others — a 10x better way to shop that can only exist online.
We use data science and machine learning to automate the repetitive nature of grocery shopping and we’ve created a social shopping experience that is unique to the world of food. Join us on our mission to build magical food experiences that are convenient, healthy & fun!
## About your role 💫
As a founding frontend engineer at Jupiter, you'll have the opportunity to make foundational decisions around building the product for scale as we grow to 100k+ users:
- Making foundational decisions around the technical vision and architecture to build a beautiful cart experience that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Working closely with the design and product teams to create product roadmaps for innovative new product flows ranging from ordering, to cooking, to data collection and post order receipts.
- Working closely with the other engineering teams to implement product feature sets related to automation and personalization.
- Working closely with the growth team on communicating value to the new user on sign-up, and helping to make decisions around the staged rollout of features and how the experience should fit to the new user.
- Creating dashboards/reports to track performance of the cart and to log errors as they occur.
- Shaping our practice as one of our early hires, bringing your experience and knowledge of best practices to establish a strong engineering culture as we prepare our stack for scale.
About you 👩🚀
You might be a great fit if you
- Have 7+ years of experience in taking customer-facing products from conception to execution, and are excited about doing so again at Jupiter
- Have at least 3 years of experience with either either React, VueJS or Angular
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with a typed language
- Love crafting beautiful user experiences
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing
- Have a strong systems design foundation, with a proven track record of applying best practices
- Are ready to be an individual contributor, and have a proven track record of taking ownership to design/build sophisticated systems quickly while working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Have experience working with a typed JVM language (bonus points if Kotlin), gRPC/protobuf, Micronaut / Spring, and/or relational databases
- Have experience working with Webflow
- Have a proven track record of remote work
Apply now and work remotely at Jupiter
React Web Engineer
BaseConnect is a military only/invite only platform connecting service men and women to each other, the military installation, and the local community. We are building products that range from social and lifestyle applications to emergency management and communication. Our focus is improving the lives of military men, women, and their families by solving real world problems faced everyday by active duty, reserve and veterans.
We are building a mobile, web and cloud driven platform using modern technologies including:
- Web via React.js with Typescript
- Mobile via React Native/Typescript
- Cloud Node.js with TypeScript
- AWS (Aurora, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, SQS) Commercial and GovCloud
You are a highly motivated software engineer ready to work on an early stage software platform where your effort has a highly visible impact. You can quickly and easily adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment and enjoy rapid iteration without sacrificing quality, as we tackle a variety of problems and technologies. You are willing to learn skills, share and receive feedback and experience, helping others as our team grows.
You must be a United States citizen currently located within the United States.
About the Job
We are a remote team which leads to a high degree of individual autonomy and requires strong communication skills to help us all stay in sync. We are looking to add a new long-term member to our team as a direct full time hire possibly with a short contract-to-hire period at the beginning.
The full time salary rate for this position is between $90,000 and $120,000 per year (we offer very competitive benefits packages as well as equity options with full-time hires).
About the Position
- Maintain and improve existing features as well as implement new features
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging new and existing systems
- Designing features and writing specifications
- Implementing features according to specification
- Implementing/applying user interface design
- Comply with established policies and patterns adopted by the team
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience building web applications
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or relevant field)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of building software
- Expert knowledge and experience developing front-end web technology
- Experience developing production quality front-end web applications with React
- Basic understanding of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management, etc…
Nice to Have
- Experience writing mobile applications with React Native
- Experience building backend cloud components
- Knowledge of cloud software architecture
Apply now and work remotely at BaseConnect