Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
We put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
We have just released our brand new flagship iOS app! It was re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift. Click here to see more information about our stack. We have several interesting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in Swift and Objective-C code
- You have experience with Functional Reactive Programming using ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift, RxSwift, or other FRP frameworks
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing software for the iOS platform
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- You are well-versed in Auto Layout and can build complex layouts using UIKit
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are a team player: you care about others’ projects as your own and take time to brainstorm and debug with teammates
- You are passionate about the iOS platform: you stay on top of the latest iOS updates and are excited to experiment with new technologies as they become available
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Nice to have:
- You have an understanding of various mobile architectural patterns (MV, VIPER)
- You have used technologies such as ReSwift, Texture, GraphQL, and Apollo
- You are able to leverage Instruments to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- You have used Cocoapods for dependency management in your own projects
- You have experience with Core Data, Realm, or other forms of persistent storage*
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply now and work remotely at Doximity
Jobs farther away
Harvard University12-Sep-2019Web DeveloperHarvard Law School50381BRJob SummaryIndependently perform complex applications/web development for projects of large to very large size and complexity; typically work as part of a team to implement business solutions. Responsible for all aspects of application development cycle. Code advanced and complex software solutions.Core Duties
- Participate fully in software development life cycle
- Implement and support technical solutions to deliver business requirements
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve services
- Contribute ideas to coding best practices and new technologies
- Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external clients
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
- Minimum of two years' post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Deep understanding and experience designing, implementing, testing, and documenting web applications
- Familarity with Rails is a plus
- Experience with version control systems (git and GitHub) preferred
- Experience managing data using relational databases and datastores including MySQL and Redis
- Deep understanding of how the web works: using HTTP, HTML, AJAX, and CSS
- Comfort with *NIX operating systems
- Work is performed in an office setting
Additional InformationThis is a term appointment until August 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension to August 2021, subject to funding and departmental need. All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.Job Function Information TechnologySub Unit------------Location USA - MA - CambridgeDepartmentLibrary Innovation LabTime StatusFull-timeUnion00 - Non Union, Exempt or TemporarySalary Grade057Appointment End Date31-Aug-2020Pre-Employment ScreeningCriminal, Education, IdentitySchedule Monday through Friday - 9am to 5pmEEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Software Engineer - Frontend
Build out features for Immerse, OmniSci’s award-winning data visualization platform.
Conscientious development: Write unit and end-to-end tests, along with thorough documentation and code commentary.
Competent estimation: Allocate/estimate time required to not only complete a feature, but also build in quality, unit test, regression test, and document the feature with the cross-functional team.
Bolster your team: Provide peer review, write performant and reusable code, follow and help define code style.
Support peripheral teams: Product, QA, and Technical Writers are helping to make our product as robust as possible. When appropriate, developers should flesh out User Stories with any whiteboard images, mockups, short description docs, acceptance criteria, and other artifacts they have to help the entire team to understand the features under development.
Working knowledge of SQL
Previous experience working with typical Agile development workflows and working in sprints
Willingness to work on existing codebase without insisting on reinventing the wheel
Willingness and ability to prioritize working on current code and staying focused with task on hand for the purpose of meeting deadlines and project deliverables
Previous experience and comfort level collaborating and communicating in realtime using asynchronous tools (Slack, Github, etc.)
Proven previous experience solving complex challenges of architecture, user interactions, and data flow and management in a large, data-driven enterprise application with several cross-cutting concerns
Proven experience communicating with diplomacy and respect. Ego and attitude should be checked at the door
Ability to collaborate with empathy and positive intent
Examples of coding projects on Github or other publicly available repositories
Experience with D3 or other visual analytics frameworks
Experience with geospatial visualizations (Mapbox, Mapboxgl, Leaflet, PostGIS, D3 geo)
Experience shipping and supporting enterprise code
Involvement in open source projects and/or passion project