Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Full Stack Developer (Back End Focus)
At HomeLister we are on a mission to transform home selling into a simple, enjoyable and fairly priced transaction. The average home seller pays 30% of their equity in brokerage commissions - beyond expensive. HomeLister is remaking the $60bn a year real estate industry into an online end to end marketing, transaction, and financial management platform. Our homes sell faster, our sellers keep more of their money, and our seller's are happier than with a traditional agent. HomeLister is the fastest growing real estate company, entering a new state on average every 6 weeks.
We are building the future real estate platform now. We are hiring a full stack developer with a back end focus to join a dynamic, experienced team. We are looking for engineers who can not only tackle technical problems, but also collaborate and evangelize best practices across teams. We value engineers who can bring fresh ideas and are willing to own solving problems all the way to a solution.
Architecting and implementing solutions at the core of our application
Working closely with other members of development team, including fullstack, front-end, data and infrastructure engineers
Writing and deploying clean, tested and well-documented code
Contributing ideas for new features and proactively identifying areas for improvement
Mentoring other members of the team via code reviews and collaborative sessions
3+ years backend experience with Node.js
Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or other cloud server platforms
Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB; relational database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL and in-memory data storage tools such as Redis
Familiarity with React, Next.js, Typescript, styled-components. Although this position will be mainly focused on the backend, strong JS, HTML, CSS skills are a plus.
Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools and methodologies
Experience with JS build tools such as grunt.js, gulp and similar alternatives
Experience with serverless architecture and microservices.
Senior Backend Engineer
SerpApi is a real-time API to access search engine results. We solve the issues of having to rent proxies, solving captchas, and JSON parsing in an easy to use and integrate API for our customers.
We have an awesome work environment: We are a remote first company. We do continuous integration, continuous deployments, code reviews, code pairings, profit sharing, and most of communication is async via GitHub. We value super strongly transparency, do open books, have a public roadmap, and contribute to the EFF.
Apply now and work remotely at SerpApi
Full Stack Developer
AKTEK offers a software-as-a-service(SaaS) platform which enables public and private sector clients to capture risk and operation-related information from internal and external sources and produce accessible and visually informative situational dashboards for timely decision-making support. This is increasingly essential involatile, high risk business environments.
●Academic background in Computer Science, Engineeringor equivalent.
●More than 2 years of experience as Full stack developer on the MERN Stack(MongoDB,ExpressJS, ReactJS, NodeJS).
●Solid understanding of SQL and No-SQL Databases (MongoDB).
●Solid understanding of basic Git principles.
●Comfortable working with back-end API and data integration such as GIS(ArcGIS), Salesforce, Google API, etc.
●Strong command of English language, ability to workwith remote teams.
●Autonomous and interested in self-growth.
●Willingness to relocate to Barcelona, Spain.
●Willingness to travel periodically for short-term assignments on client sites around the world.
●Have no criminal record.
●Have no legal impediment to obtaining a travel visaas required.
●Experience in administering Linux (Ubuntu) servers.
●Previous Business intelligence experience.
●Previous startup experience either as a founder orearly employee.
●Foreign language fluency (i.e. Russian, Ukranian,Spanish).
●Dual passport holder
Apply now and work remotely at AKTEK
Senior Full Stack Developer
Who are we, and why are we hiring?
We're based on over 15 years of success, producing world-class video content and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites. Our success is down to Kodify's distinct teamwork, where each and every one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer to our goals. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
At Kodify, we love tech and are always thinking about what’s next! R&D and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard on consistently maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The video streaming industry has been growing a lot since last year and as a result, we need to expand our team to release the great ideas we’ve in mind.
What will you do?
You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 100M unique visitors a month. Improving areas such as:
- End-to-end responsibility from technical design to development and testing. We have a dedicated QA team and we really care about testing.
- Work with Designers and Product Owners to ensure they understand possibilities/limitations.
- Always work towards minimizing page load time / API response times. With the best tools available to ensure you’ve full visibility: Metrics, Distributed Tracing, and ATM.
- Become a valued team member, providing feedback about tech, development lifecycle, and processes.
- Take ownership of your code/task/role.
- Be proud of what you achieve, and of the product, and be one of the driving forces behind always making it better.
When you cock-up - own-up! (We don’t blame-storming here!)
Where and when:
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We’re very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some **core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
- Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you’re free to manage your own time.
What we offer:
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to improve your skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Hackathons every 6 months!
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- A team player who likes to help others and find solutions together
- Be very familiar with the Node.js ecosystem in terms of profiling and debugging tools.
- You’re very comfortable with Unix tools.
- Testing. This is critical for you and us, as we used to lack in that area in the past and suffered the consequences.
- Measuring. Data-driven decisions are the best ones.
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
- Your sense of humor will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
We also value experience in some of the following:
React * Next.js * GraphQL * Microservices architecture * gRPC/ZeroMQ * Redis * Express * We value open source projects * Experience in High traffic websites and his needs * Docker / Kubernetes / AWS * Video streaming technologies / Web playback tools (VideoJS) * Understanding of Agile principles * Experience with Git and JIRA * Experience working remotely
Apply now and work remotely at Kodify Media Group