Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
React Native developer
FounderTribes is an innovative community and learning platform that empowers entrepreneurs to raise capital and upskill their business.
Using our pioneering 'learn, connect, raise' model we empower entrepreneurs to rapidly improve their business and raise capital.
We believe that talent is distributed equally, but that opportunity is not. We are committed to levelling the entrepreneurial playing field and have built a product that helps ALL entrepreneurs, from brick and mortar to deep tech start-up.
You will be working within our development team to contribute to our back-office tool (React) and our iOS & Android mobile application (React Native) development. Main responsibilities will be:
- React back-office SPA development process
- React Native application development process
- Working together with developers and other stakeholders to build reasy to use application
- Share knowledge of the best software development practises
- Contribute to quality by identifying spots of improvements, writing automated tests
- A passion for entrepreneurship
- Willingness to constantly improve the product
- Experience in creating and supporting React SPAs
- Experience in creating and supporting React Native mobile apps (iOS & Android)
- A good sense of what creates engaging, trendy and innovative user experiences
- Fluency in English
- Our values! We work as a team to empower founders to learn, start or improve their own businesses, and raise capital
- Posibility to shape how our startup grows and evolves
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Posibility to work on different parts of stack - try yourself on
Apply now and work remotely at FounderTribes
Full Stack Developer
Welcome Computer Gurus!
At Shipa we look to build a talented technology team of developers and data scientists to help us achieve our lofty business goals. Culture is very important to us, and we want an environment where everyone is learning every day in both technical and personal areas. We have extremely high expectations and expect our employees to use their empowerment to take end-to-end responsibility for problems, and wear a variety of hats, even when they may not experience in the area needed.
The Senior Full Stack Web Developer will work with the Shipa business and technical teams to understand requirements and help develop responsive web based applications in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to support the delivery of an intuitive Shipa user experience. We want this role to be filled by someone who is passionate about solving problems, a team player and a mentor to the Junior Web Developers in the team, and is excited about working in a corporate start-up environment and building up a great culture in a growing team, yet, conscious of the potential downsides of working in a corporate start-up environment too.
- Design and develop multi-tier web applications for customers using open source technologies; envisioning system features and functionality
- Enhance and support e-commerce and mobile sites as well as sales, intranet and web applications that support Shipa business activities
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Collaborate with various departments to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications
- Monitor and optimize systems to ensure best performance
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code
- Monitor routine content changes and ensure accuracy of content data feeds
- Identify website issues, gather information and determine recommended solution
- Create and present multiple technical solutions that show thoughtful approaches to strategy and issue resolution
- Maintaining web development documentation, testing cases and specifications
- Act as a mentor to other developers with programming issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of developing websites, preferably with a transportation, international shipping, or an e-commerce business
- Sound understanding of best practices in software development (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, DevOps)
- Experience using node.js to build scalable web services
- A diverse set of skills, from business development and operations to socializing and support to apply widely
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, both regionally and globally, across multiple business units and functions
- Ability to understand the priorities of key stakeholders and translate them into team priorities and communications
- Passion for collaboration & team work; when something goes wrong, you don't look to place blame, but try to address the immediate issue collaboratively and then address any underlying issues with great interpersonal skills
Apply now and work remotely at Shipa Freight
Senior Full Stack JS Engineer
Are you in +/- 6hrs from GMT-05 (US CT)? If yes, please continue reading.
What is Tribe?
Tribe is a remote-first and video-first environment for teams. We’re solving for presence, immediacy, spontaneity, serendipity, belonging. We’re currently in a private beta and just closed our seed round with two great firms.
About The Role
We’re looking for someone passionate and excited to create beautiful, impactful world class products that enables millions of people to communicate better. In particular, someone that can join our engineering team in building our applications - Electron, mobile, web.
Our current stack includes React, React Native, Electron, Java (backend), Storybook, GCP. Subject to change as we get the rocket off the ground :).
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary & equity, fully remote team.
About the Team
The team is fully distributed (now and forever) and currently consists of four senior full-stack engineers, product designer, a technologist cofounder/CEO playing the roles of CTO/product owner, and a cofounder with proven tech/business experience. Now that we’ve closed our seed round, we’re looking for the dream team for the next 18 months and beyond.
How We Work
Hard, extreme transparency, respectfully, openly, and in a humane way. This is a marathon and not a sprint and we don't want anyone to burn out. That said, we want to push the limits of your professional capacity.
Obviously, we use Tribe a lot internally for our work :).
Did you get here? Yay! Please respond with why you're interested in Tribe, how you'll be able to contribute, and also your favorite food or hobby you’re most passionate about.
Apply now and work remotely at Tribe
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms