Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Senior Full stack Engineer
What do we do?
Hatchways' mission is bold. We're modernizing education by helping those new to the tech industry get real, practical experience on-the-job instead of in the classroom. Our goal is to provide access to opportunities to people who otherwise would have been overlooked by the traditional interview process.
We have revolutionized the technical interview process by using a practical work simulation to assess candidates instead of relying on credentials, years of experience, or impractical CS knowledge to assess candidates.
Hatchways is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. You can read more about our team and culture here - https://hatchways.io/careers.
What we are looking for?
What does senior mean? For us, we are a company that doesn’t hire based on years of experience or credentials. In order to be senior, we are looking for an engineer that can provide technical mentorship to our team and can work on complex technical projects with little to no direction.
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies. They are passionate about developing modern, cutting-edge web applications, and can balance empathy to end-users with technical requirements.
What you hopefully bring:
Experience with a modern front-end framework (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Typescript) and back-end framework (Python, Rails, Node.js)
Our stack is React, Python/Flask, GCP
Experience with non-relational or relational databases such as MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra
Experience working with IaaS such as GCP or AWS
Experience giving feedback on others' code through code reviews
A positive attitude, motivated, and a fast learner
You love teamwork and find it easy to collaborate closely with the engineering team to solve complex problems in efficient and scalable ways
You have a passion for solving problems across all areas of the business
Excited with the opportunity to lead a small team!
A 30-minute phone call with our CTO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shumskassam/)
A project-based assessment where you will work on a few issues on a Github repository - it will be very practical and done using React + Python
A final 30-minute culture fit call with our CEO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaclynling/)
What are the perks and benefits?
We are a flexible, diverse, and remote-friendly team. We prioritize learning and growth opportunities for our developers (not only technically, but also personally) through frequent 1:1 meetings with your managers, valuable quarterly reviews, and external training opportunities. We are an early-stage startup, so joining us early means you will have a significant stake in the company. We also have a very flexible vacation and health benefits plan.
Learn a little more about the founding team:
Hatchways is a Y Combinator-backed startup (S19) and is founded by two-time founders Jaclyn and Shums. Prior to starting Hatchways, Jaclyn and Shums started their first startup (Blynk, your personal stylist in your pocket) which got acquired by Kik (popular messenger app in Waterloo, ON). At Kik, Shums was an engineering manager and Jaclyn led product for the bots team. Together, they launched some of the first chatbots in the market with partners like H&M, Sephora, and Shopify. Shortly thereafter, they wanted to pursue a problem area they were passionate about: improving the education to employment pathways so more people have access to opportunities in tech.
Hatchways is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If there is any part of the interview process that is not accommodating for your situation, we are more than happy to create a more comfortable process for you. Just let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Apply now and work remotely at Hatchways
Senior Fullstack Developer
Join us at magical times where you’ll play a pivotal role in further developing and improving our UI development utilizing your expertise implementing React components and workflows.
We're currently in a phase of maintaining, fine-tuning and improving the status quo of our SDKs, and bethink of what we assume to be most important - improving the developer experience and ease to use.
- You'll be working closely with the core teams that build our UBQ Engine and our CreativeEditorSDK.
- You'll be essential in improving developer experience and product versatility by leveraging our technologies to build multiple demonstrators and appliances.
- This includes some full fledged unreleased B2C products as well as use case specific show-cases for a multitude of different products. This includes custom editors for postcards, sodical-media, apparel and more.
- You’ll build and implement pixel perfect UIs, boostrap backends and services that are directly connected to our APIs and SDKs.
- You’ll collaborate with your fellow developers, designers to directly convert ideas to real products.
- You have expertise developing professional frontends in React, Angular, VueJS or similar.
- You have expertise in creating small backends with modern technologies like Next.js, Ruby on Rails 5, or similar technoligies.
- You have a passion for technology and design.
- You are passionate about developing creative tools that help create stunning content.
- You like to work self-sufficient and feel comfortable with jumping in at the deep and, but that's okay, 'cause you are convivial fellow and social butterfly.
Apply now and work remotely at IMG.LY