Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Typescript React Expert
⚠️ Important ⚠️: although this is a fully remote role, we only accept candidates that are within 2 hours of CET (Central European Timezone). Applying outside of that is a waste of your (and our) time.
Prezly is looking for a senior react/typescript/frontend developer to boost our capacity in creating a world with more meaningful communication between organisations and people. Working closely with a product designer, the founders and builders to craft high-quality, impactful, and inclusive user experiences for communication experts all around the world.
Good stories, told well to the right people, can inspire and spark positive change in the world. That’s why at Prezly, we’re building state-of-the-art storytelling tools for stellar brands.
Since our founding in 2010, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~16 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
About the technology
Our services are built around a core of an SPA (react/JS/typescript), API's in PHP (symfony) and postgres. On the backend side we use a Symfony fork (https://github.com/e1himself/symfony1), Propel (http://propelorm.org/) and interact with a Postgres (RDS) database.
We're big believers in open-source and devops/CI - building, testing, and deploying to any of our environments are as simple as pushing a commit to a git branch. The infrastructure is containerised, built on top of AWS using Kubernetes. For open-source work we encourage our team to share their work with the world and contribute where they can.
We're a technology company first: This means that in addition to product and business development plans, we put emphasis on continual improvement of our stack and infrastructure. Current projects include API'ing our full application suite and removing redux.
About the role
We are looking for a frontend engineer with deep understanding of Typescript and React and best practices when it comes to frontend development.
You should have senior level experience (~5 years) building modern frontend systems, with at least 3 years of that experience using react.
You will work on a variety of projects, mostly around the core Prezly product. Your work will ship continuously so you will have a direct impact in our customers’ experience and the overall trajectory of the business.
As our new teammate, you’ll be self-driven and work hard to bring value to your new company in the most effective way possible. You’ll work hard to make those around you better, communicate clearly, and make Prezly a better company.
Apply now and work remotely at PrezlyApply
React Web Engineer
BaseConnect is a military only/invite only platform connecting service men and women to each other, the military installation, and the local community. We are building products that range from social and lifestyle applications to emergency management and communication. Our focus is improving the lives of military men, women, and their families by solving real world problems faced everyday by active duty, reserve and veterans.
We are building a mobile, web and cloud driven platform using modern technologies including:
- Web via React.js with Typescript
- Mobile via React Native/Typescript
- Cloud Node.js with TypeScript
- AWS (Aurora, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, SQS) Commercial and GovCloud
You are a highly motivated software engineer ready to work on an early stage software platform where your effort has a highly visible impact. You can quickly and easily adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced startup environment and enjoy rapid iteration without sacrificing quality, as we tackle a variety of problems and technologies. You are willing to learn skills, share and receive feedback and experience, helping others as our team grows.
You must be a United States citizen currently located within the United States.
About the Job
We are a remote team which leads to a high degree of individual autonomy and requires strong communication skills to help us all stay in sync. We are looking to add a new long-term member to our team as a direct full time hire possibly with a short contract-to-hire period at the beginning.
The full time salary rate for this position is between $90,000 and $120,000 per year (we offer very competitive benefits packages as well as equity options with full-time hires).
About the Position
- Maintain and improve existing features as well as implement new features
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging new and existing systems
- Designing features and writing specifications
- Implementing features according to specification
- Implementing/applying user interface design
- Comply with established policies and patterns adopted by the team
* Minimum of 5 years of professional experience building web applications
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or relevant field)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of building software
- Expert knowledge and experience developing front-end web technology
- Experience developing production quality front-end web applications with React
- Basic understanding of standard development tools such as version control, command line interfaces, project management, etc…
Nice to Have
- Experience writing mobile applications with React Native
- Experience building backend cloud components
- Knowledge of cloud software architecture
Apply now and work remotely at BaseConnect