Front-end Jobs nearNew York, NY
Freelance WordPress Developer
Codeable is the only WordPress freelancer platform. We match customers to the best WordPress experts. We help customers solve any WordPress problem.
Codeable connects a community of professional WordPress development experts from around the world with businesses that need a WordPress site built, developed, maintained, fixed or optimized. We’re the only WordPress exclusive services platform and community, with over 550+ freelance developers and teams, delivering projects of all sizes to clients globally.
Our mission is to build the most vibrant WordPress developer services community and to create a better way of working for all parties in the WordPress ecosystem when it comes to WordPress websites… whether that’s for developers, clients, or partners.
Work on interesting projects, with nice clients, and set your own rates ($70-120+). Apply today
Time to start whistling while you work 😙 🎶
We believe in whistling while you work and loving what you do. When you’re whistling, you’re not stressed, you’re getting paid what you’re worth, and you’re able to deliver your very best.
In other words, you're finally able to build with heart ❤️
Codeable is the only WordPress specific, premium freelancer platform. As an expert on the platform, you’ll get to choose from thousands of remote WordPress freelance job opportunities, and be part of an inclusive and incredibly connected community of friendly professional WordPress developers from around the world.
Why WordPress developers choose Codeable for freelancing:
- Codeable is the largest WordPress -only freelance marketplace in the world…
- Our minimum pricing is $70 USD / hour and most experts bill at $100+ USD / hour…
- We genuinely care about our experts and have the largest private WordPress dev community on the planet where you can connect with peers who support each other (and it’s a really fun place to hangout)…
- Our team qualifies clients to help keep great projects coming into the platform for you to engage on…
- Most experts have a 30% estimated -> hired ratio by the time their 45 day trial is complete and quickly climb to over 60% (and some over 80%) soon after…
- Codeable holds your hand when you pass our vetting process to help you get ramped up and ready for work. From onboarding via our Codeable Academy, to our expert buddy program and our Expert Success & Community Team, if you put in the time you’ll have the opportunity to earn big money…
- Speaking of big money, we have brand new experts completing their 45 day trial with us and have earned $10k+. And many of these experts are non-native English speakers…
- We’re growing and getting more projects posted now than ever before. We need your help to keep up with demand…
- No time requirements; we offer the flexibility to fill your capacity or commit 100%…
Codeable is dedicated to diversity and inclusion and we welcome everyone to apply to work with us, even if you feel you may not fit all of the skills below:
- Wordpress Development
- Performance Tuning
- Adobe Photoshop
- Responsive Web Design
Interested to hear what other developers have to say about working on Codeable?
Equal Opportunity Statement
Codeable is an equal opportunity organization that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Codeable makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Apply now and work remotely at Codeable.io
Front End Web Developer
WHO ARE AWE
We are the original pioneers in the web-based Augmented Reality industry and after years of R&D, we launched the world's first "commercial webAR creation platform" way back in 2016.
The AWE (Augmented Web Experiences) platform enables people to create image AR, spatial AR, face AR, location AR and interactive 360° or webVR experiences using our drag and drop editing tool or your own custom code.
Our customers are at the core of everything we do. We strive to make creating webAR experiences as easy as possible. They range from heavy hitting corporates, to government departments, global digital agencies, marketing agencies (small, medium and large), digital freelancers and educators.
Within these companies our customers tend to be the creative forces; think "designers, artists, 3d modellers, front end developers and js folk that don't have the knowledge or the time to get their heads into the complex space that is webAR".
We make their lives easier by giving them the online tools they need to create a range of webAR experiences that "just work". All in your web browser. Experiences that seamlessly work across different devices without needing to add any code (unless you want to).
We are seeing increasingly strong growth in our customer base as more people are coming to understand what AR is, and more importantly how AWEsome it is when it's delivered through the web browser.
Covid also means people are using webAR to connect to their customers in new and innovative ways too.
WHAT DOES WORKING AT AWE LOOK LIKE?
Since its inception, AWE has been a "remote first and remote only" company and have established our team, processes and work based around this idea. We believe that life and work aren't separate. Supporting our team to work flexibly and remotely enables people to be more productive and allows for you to fit "more of your life" into your day.
Our team is currently distributed across Europe and the Asia Pacific region, although we're open to welcoming new team members from anywhere in the world.
We don't have a physical office. Your office could be your home or a co-working space, a beachside cafe or the top of a mountain. As long as you have an internet connection, you decide where you work from. We have a culture of trust and accountability so we don't tell you when and where to work. Rather we are focused on productivity and open communication within the team. We encourage the team to have at least a 2-4 hour working time crossover window each day, especially with team members you may be currently working on a specific project with. And each day we have an all-in team meeting. For some, this means starting earlier in their day (freeing up your afternoons and evenings), for others it is starting later in the day, and some even like to split up their work times across their day and evening.
Our primary communication is via online chat, and tickets/wiki for work tasks, allocation and documentation. Our primary language is English as this is the common language across team members. We don't mind if you don't have perfect spoken English, however your written English needs to be pretty good, as is your ability to type quickly in online channels as part of team discussions.
We also have a flat team structure, so you will be talking and working with anyone and everyone in the team when you need to.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
We don't believe in giving you a list of tools and frameworks you need to have a high proficiency in. We don't need you to have a specific number of years experience under your belt. What we are looking for is someone with a passion for the web and experience building web based applications to work with our growing team to continue our groundbreaking work in the spatial and augmented web.
- You have a good working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good git skills
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of tools or similar (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.). We're not asking you to be a designer, but you'll need to code product and project user interfaces, optimise images and other media from our content, design and UX team.
- You have experience creating web based applications and
- You are a great communicator. You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working with a remote team.
- You bring a genuine aptitude for problem solving and the ability to work autonomously with a high degree of accountability. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you take initiative to involve other team members when necessary.
- You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility and ensure you QA all work before handing it over for integration or review.
Salary based on demonstrable skills and experience, and location.
Apply now and work remotely at AWE
We are looking for an external Senior React Developer to join a project for a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company.
About the project:
Our client needs a portal that allows supply chain analysts to progress through their daily tasks. The primary goal of the portal is to standardise, automate, and optimise the company’s current workflows. The portal, as a full planner ecosystem, will also make it easier for analysts and managers to see the complete end-to-end picture of the company supply chain.
At this point we are in the initial implementation phase and will face challenges in implementation and post implementation system development. The person joining will be responsible for taking ownership, understanding, developing and improving the Frontend part of the application. The team is using agile methodologies and Scrum. You’ll work with Product Owner, UX Designer, Scrum Master and 3 other Frontend and Backend developers.
We are looking for a specialist whose experience and knowledge will enrich our team and allow us to take new, previously unknown directions.
Basic tasks will include:
- Direct contact with the client.
- Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) and communicates these issues early.
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability.
- Takes responsibility for team results. Capably deals with mistakes and mix-ups.
- Delivers complex products to clients that they perceive as well-baked and bug-free.
- Effectively uses design docs, tech talks and discussion groups to communicate technical decisions.
You are good for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated ability to build good quality software
- Have experience with TypeScript
- Have experience in one of the following fields: MobX and RxJS / configuring and deploying web apps, on Azure or similar / Python/Django REST API
- Are familiar with Docker, Git, and Linux
- Know English (at least B2)
Nice to have: MS SQL, experience with Scrum process and enterprise projects
What’s in it for you:
- up to 26,000 PLN + VAT on a B2B contract
- Full-time engagement
- Contract at least until the end of 2021
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
Screening call with Hiring Manager
Apply now and work remotely at Appsilon