Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
React Native Developer
We are looking for a talented, process-oriented expert PHP developer with strong WordPress experience and Technical Lead to strengthen our team and build on our technical foundation.
The expert developer understands the business outcomes customers expect and works to deliver the product and customer requests on time and within budget while actively participating in the projects production cycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work together with our product team to build and maintain the BuddyBoss products.
- Contribute by building new features, plugins, fixing issues and constantly improving our products.
- Assist the customer support team in resolving customer issues in relation to the product.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, and release new patches.
- Help in managing the software development, making new product releases, and communicating the information to our customers.
- Help lead the development and ensure high quality outputs
- Lead QA — on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Closely oversee the performance of critical tasks such as live site migrations, live site maintenance, emergency fixes and other related
Required Skills & Experience
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in a technical field
- 7+ years web application development experience
- 7+ years PHP
- 3+ years of WordPress Experience
- Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs.
- A good understanding of REST best practices
- Advanced SQL knowledge creating, maintaining and improving performance
- Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of prototyping
- Results / Quality / Process oriented
- Can effectively translate business requirements into features & functional outputs
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams is a big plus. Our team is mostly distributed with team members in over 10 countries.
- Experience building on BuddyBoss Platform, BuddyPress and/or bbPress
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, React
Salary will be based on experience level.
We are looking to fill multiple positions.
Apply now and work remotely at BuddyBoss
We are driven by a simple purpose: To create a better way to live. We do that through our mission to build and manage quality apartments. We want to be best in the world at what we do.
In that quest we realized we needed to develop our own technology to push the industry forward. Early on, technology became one of our 6 key business strategies. We have already seen great success and have been recognized as having some of the most technologically advanced apartments in our region. But we want to do so much more. That is why we need your help!
This role will work on both front end and back end development with an emphasis on front end. We are looking for someone to mature our front-end presentation with great design and development practices, in both web and mobile.
Sample of Current Projects
- Smart Home App
- Property Management
- Revenue Management
- Online Applications and Lease Signing
- Programmatic Marketing
- Apartment Door Lock
- Resident App
- Resident Internet
To be successful, you should have both strong technical skills and be strongly aligned to our purpose and values.
Creating a better way to live
Building and leasing quality apartments
A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day.
- Tireless Pursuit of Results - Tireless pursuit of results means that you have an internal drive to continue to push forward no matter the obstacles. It means sometimes staying late to ensure a job gets done. It means pushing a little harder to ensure quality standards are met. It means pouring your heart into ensuring something gets done.
- Respectful - Being respectful means that customers and employees work well with you even in difficult situations. It's about being a good team player. It includes being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a consistent way. It's recognizing that you are part of a team and sometimes you will win your point and sometimes you won't. It's about building a professional friendship.
- Can-do Attitude - Can do attitude is about believing in yourself and your team to get the job done. There is a delicate balance between having optimism for the future and being realistic about your goals. A person with a can-do attitude is realistically optimistic and positive about what can and will be done.
- Grow or Die - Grow or Die means to have a spirit dedicated to consistently getting better at your job. Finding ways, even small ways, of producing a higher quality or efficiency. Having a drive to learn more about your field from a variety of resources. Exhibiting the will to never give up on improving yourself.
- Reliable - The heart of reliability means to deliver on your promises. These promises include being on time every day. It means consistently delivering on the goals and milestones set for you. It means having a system to not forget any, even small, aspects of your job.
- UI Design
- React (Website)
- Swift (iOS)
- Kotlin (Android)
- You must be located in a North or South America timezone.
- Health Care Plan (ICHRA)
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Short Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at Norhart
Senior Software Developer
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, and brick-and-mortar locations. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. Shopify was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Shopify powers over 1,000,000 businesses in over 175 countries — and here’s how we’ve been helping more merchants survive, thrive, and navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe — and engineers play a vital role in building that future. Here are just some of the stories from the engineering teams who build and scale Shopify.
Intrigued? That’s great! We’re looking for Senior Software Developers to join our team, and maybe you’re the person we’re looking for!
What types of Senior Software Developers might be interested in joining?
At Shopify, Backend Developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code work on teams that ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking over 1 million online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of entrepreneurs will see your work within seconds – a difficult but incredibly rewarding responsibility. Shopify is the largest Ruby on Rails application in the world and we're a big part of the Rails community. We’re constantly improving our codebase to make it even better.
Mobile Development (React Native, Android & iOS)
Our Mobile Developers work along with designers and product managers to build and launch new features for our apps. You’ll work on large-scale apps that are ever-changing, enabling entrepreneurship for hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs. Our Android developers use Kotlin and our iOS developers use Swift. Our teams are increasingly working with React Native so openness to cross-platform mobile development is a plus!
Our Web Developers work closely with software engineering teams, designers and product managers to not only build incredible merchant-facing products, but also developer-facing tools. You’ll use modern technologies and frameworks like Typescript, React, GraphQL and Apollo to develop large front-end web applications that scale and perform well on all devices. Ruby on Rails is used to add and modify controllers, models, views, and integrating front-end code into a Rails application.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Collaborating with other designers and developers
- Creating beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
Qualities you likely have to be well suited to this role:
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages — Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, React or React Native — is an asset, but not required. Don’t have experience with many of them? No problem — deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way. (Also: Check out our StackShare here.)
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
You’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
Apply now and work remotely at Shopify
Jobs farther away
About the role:
As a mobile developer at COVID.MD, you will create telehealth solutions to help the world combat the COVID-19 infection.
You’ll have opportunities to:
Help save people's lives.
Provide and organize telehealth solutions.
Create a mobile app being deployed to both iOS and Android.
Address a critical need and vacuum within the healthcare landscape.
What we are looking for:
Experience delivering and maintaining complex consumer-focused mobile applications.
Experience with a collaboration involving TDD and pair programming.
Expert in a programming stack with one of the following:
5+ years of iOS experience working with Swift/ObjC.
5+ years of Android experience working with Kotlin/Java.
Experience in one or more of:
Performance analysis and optimization.
Instrumentation and metrics.
Mobile video or videoconferencing.
Iterative collaboration with server-side engineers.
Excellent interpersonal skills, both spoken and written English.
A self-starter, who is comfortable in a highly dynamic environment and prepared to engage with others to determine the overall team direction.