Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Jobs farther away
Front End Engineer
At Carnegie Technologies, we are a strong technical team that builds communications products for the multitude of networks available today. Whether thats combining LTE and Wi-Fi together for better-quality VoIP calls that arent disrupted when you switch networks, aggregating networks together for smoother video streaming, giving your smartphone the ability to place calls over satellite from anywhere on the planet, or constructing end-to-end IoT systems that take advantage of the latest wireless protocols, were always looking for ways to get the best experience at the lowest operational cost.
We come from many different backgrounds and levels of expertise but to all of us, craft and functionality are equally important. We constantly learn and hone our skills and incorporate those experiences into every line of code. We dont ship fast solutions we ship the right ones for our customers. Were also leaders that create quiet time to solve hard problems and the space to focus on the best result.
Our software engineering team is spread across our offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada; Austin, Texas; and Romsey, UK. Youll have the opportunity to work with our super talented team of people, from experts in networking, machine learning, and applications to some of the pioneers of Wi-Fi itself. You might even get your name on a patent!
Our technology stack is carefully chosen to give our developers a great development experience youll spend your time building quality software, not on repetitive tasks. Weve built tools to ensure our code is consistently formatted, to release after commit, and to automate documentation; and we rely on a shared set of engineering principles when reviewing every line of code we write. Common technologies we use are:
- Mobile apps: Java (Android), Objective-C (iOS), Ionic/Cordova (cross-platform), C++ (cross-platform)
- Servers:js (with TypeScript), Go, React (web), C++ (traffic handling), Cassandra (data), Kafka (data)
- Build & Deploy: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Come join us!
Front-end web developers at Carnegie work on the web applications that our customers use to interact with our products. From administrative interfaces visualizing complex analytics to mobile web views that allow users to monitor IoT devices and place satellite calls, youll be building innovative user interfaces using the latest web technologies.
- Youll be primarily coding in TypeScript, using frameworks like Angular and React
- Youll spend a good chunk of your time coding - and code-reviewing others to ensure we maintain a high standard of quality
- Youll spend the rest of your time on architecture, design, and prototyping
- Youll primarily be building web application front-ends, but may occasionally make back-end changes in our Node.js web services to expose the data you need
- Youll be working on our IoT, Satellite, and Network Convergence products
- Youll be developing on Linux we like Visual Studio Code, but you have your choice of IDE
- Youll be working closely with our product/project management, QA, and operations teams to build the right products for our customers products that work reliably, every time
- Youll be pushed by your colleagues to deliver quality products in a reasonable timeframe and trusted to seek input from then take the best action
- You have a wide knowledge of computer science/software engineering through a related degree or diploma, but we also recognize practical experience
- You are comfortable programming full-stack applications, and have been coding professionally or personally for years
- You have experience writing HTML and CSS given a visual/UX design
- You have experience working with Angular, React, Vue, Ember, Backbone, or other single-page application frameworks
- You have experience consuming web services from a web application, whether JSON/REST or SOAP/XML
- You have serious coding skills, in multiple languages
- You are excited to work with technologies like Ionic or React Native
- You understand one-way and two-way data binding, MVC, and other UI design patterns
- You want to work in a small, fast-moving team with lots of responsibility (and few roadblocks to getting things done)