Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Senior Software Engineer
Muck Rack’s engineering team powers a platform that is meaningfully changing how journalists, PR pros, and marketers around the world work. Self-funded, globally distributed, and remote-first since our founding, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the “Best Places to Work in NYC” in 2019 and 2020. We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Front-End Developer to join our small but quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Front-End Developer you’ll work alongside the CTO, fellow software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that our product looks great and works well with our clients. Our engineers are not siloed to any part of the application – everyone contributes everywhere.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Front-End Developer focused on performance and profiling.
- Possess strong communication skills and can explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members.
- Have worked on complex, high-traffic sites at a startup or Software-as-a-Service company.
- Understand multiple front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.).
- Have been a part of planning and building front-end end-to-end and unit testing.
- Are familiar with Linux or Unix environments and the command line.
- Have demonstrable Python/Django experience
- Have a good understanding of responsive design, grids, typography, and layout.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility practices (ADA compliance).
- Desire to create something beautiful.
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.
We are actively interviewing candidates across the US, Canada, Poland and Bulgaria only
Apply now and work remotely at Muck RackApply
Full Stack Developer
Are you the next Full Stack developer to join our top team?
We've got a pretty decent AWS stack that drives our SaaS and community platform. It's built in Django/React, is fully API driven and has a whole host of nifty features already. But we want more…
HelloMaaS, Marketing as a Service, is a new operating model in marketing. We build a marketplace platform to connect companies with turn key marketing solution including 40 fixed price marketing packages, a robo-advice tool translating marketing goals to a customized marketing plan in 30 seconds and a strong community of top marketing freelancers.
You'll get to focus on building new applications, a reliable and scalable platform and add ML to make it smarter. Of course there's some maintenance and testing but with a small team and young codebase it's not so bad.
This is a full-time role, remote or based in the Netherlands. We are happy to sponsor a Dutch work visa for great candidates. We have a A-team, so the bar is high. Reach out if your ambitious, go-getter with a global mindset that likes to learn, win and create success.
- 2-3 years professional experience in React & Django
- Full stack capabilities with a preference for back-end
- Flexibile to switch between front-end and back-end
- Effective communication and (remote) collaboration skills
- Working in a startup or another fast-paced environment
- Pro-active, positive and problemsolving mindset
- Interested in our business and building a user friendly platform
- Required Skills: React, Redux, Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Nice to have: AWS, Docker, docker-compose
Apply now and work remotely at HelloMaaS
Looking to join a fun, highly-talented team that’s working on an edtech product the world really needs right now?
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom and online school, we help education entrepreneurs to succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel.
We're growing fast and need your help.
More about LearnCube and our development stack:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally.
LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
We’re a fast-growing company founded in 2014, based in London but with a “remote-first” culture.
As a web developer for LearnCube, you will be working with a close, highly-talented team on our online classroom and online school products.
You will have so much more opportunity to learn, contribute and grow professionally with a startup like LearnCube, than you would from working for a big but soulless technology company.
We use vue.js, Python and Django to build our cutting-edge solution but there’s also plenty of room to build your skills, experiment and play with other exciting technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to online classroom features and new products. For example, in the last year, we released new homework, large group classroom and breakout room features for our online classroom.
Improve the experience for our school administrators, teachers and students through learning analytics and data logging.
- Scaling infrastructure is not the focus of your work but we offer a unique opportunity to gain experience if you’re curious. COVID-19 has increased the number of classes we deliver by more than 10-fold with more high-potential opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborate with other areas of LearnCube - customer support, customer success and sales - to improve the business, user experience and customer experience.
- Provide some technical customer support for customer queries, especially for our VIP customers using our API products.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and technology.
- Support research and development of our most innovative ideas within our “Learncube Labs” including smart ways to improve education through A.I.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
- This a remote position. There is no office!
- Think of this also as a 'spring-board' position with lots more opportunity to grow your career into a leadership role if that is your desired path.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- Honest, humble, highly competent, fast-learner, self-starter and motivated by the mission
- Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Able to overlap with European business hours at least once per day
Bonus points for a successful candidate:
- Some experience with VueJS
- Some experience with Django
- Some experience with MySQL
- Experience with WebRTC / Websockets
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS tech stack
- API gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ELB, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Design / UX skills
- Association or experience with tutoring or learning spoken languages
- Startup experience
- Evidence of creating your own products and solutions
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d///head policy and are not looking for “programming purists”.
- Do you have a strong interest in education and edtech?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker.
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when it's properly safe to travel again).
- A clear career path to lead part of our development and product team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Apply now and work remotely at LearnCubeApply
Jobs farther away
Senior Frontend Engineer (Vue.js)
Senior Frontend Engineer (Vue.js) – FinTech Investment Banking
at Financial Technology Partners (View all jobs)
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer.
Company Description: Financial Technology Partners (aka “FT Partners”) is the only investment banking firm focused exclusively on the financial technology sector. We broadly define the sector as the dynamic convergence of technology-based solutions and financial services. FT Partners was recently recognized as "Dealmaker of the Year" and "Investment Banking Firm of the Year" by The M&A Advisor.
The firm was founded by Steve McLaughlin, Managing Partner, formerly a senior investment banker in Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Financial Technology Group and Financial Institutions Group in New York and San Francisco. The firm's Founder and senior bankers are all highly experienced investment bankers formerly with the financial technology, M&A and investment banking groups of Goldman Sachs & Co in New York, San Francisco, London and Los Angeles.
Role Description: Financial Technology Partners (FT Partners) is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to improve, refactor and extend our web app in collaboration with our small but growing engineering team. Our stack is Python/Django, Django Rest Framework and Vue/Vuex. We’re looking for someone who has experience, passion and diligence in implementing a stable, clean, readable, maintainable, best-practices Vue/Vuex webapp and component library.
About FT Partners Engineering: Our primary purpose as an engineering team at FT Partners is to build the (web-based) operating system that the company runs on, as well as its data infrastructure. This is particularly exciting given the company’s focus on research, data and technology, and the large impact our small team can make when our tooling contributes to the success of a huge high-profile deals. High expectations are placed on the engineering team, but we are also afforded substantial autonomy and context to provide real solutions to investment banking operations and data challenges. Our philosophy is to continually simplify our system while providing increasingly powerful features. We are committed to constant research of tools and approaches that provide more elegant solutions than our previous iterations. In places, our application of technology will be truly unique, but it will be built atop a modern high-quality standards-based foundation.
Develop a complete understanding of our Vue codebase, keep it organized, and prevent bloat
Find opportunities for increased modularization and alterations to simplify components to make them more reusable
Build new sections, components and functionality
Cleanly follow a Vuex pattern for data
Implement unit and integration tests for stability and continuous delivery
Assist with dependency versioning and security warnings
Collaborate with engineering on data infrastructure, APIs, security and efficiency
Contribute to team task visibility through participation in our ticket tracking system, daily standups and sprint planning.
Write code that is easy for other engineers to understand and expand on, through technology/library choices, code style (readability matters), and documentation
5+ years as a Software Engineer in a modern web-app engineering environment (APIs, SPAs, CI/CD, Cloud infrastructure, Tests, Git, Agile)
At least 2 of those years working primarily with modern frontend frameworks (React/Redux, Vue, Angular, etc)
Startup experience and comfort wearing multiple hats is a nice to have
The role is a frontend role, but being knowledgeable about backend would be considered a plus
Team player who can contribute to building a positive team spirit, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds firm values
Ability to perform under pressure, amid tight deadlines; can effectively prioritize and plan
Collaborative across teams and levels, both internally and externally
Understands coaching for long term development of self and others
You are collaborative, you recognize that as an engineering team (especially a small one) we succeed together, and we fail together.
You are comfortable asking for help, context and ideas, and you are happy to provide help, context and ideas to your team.
You keep looking into new ways to do things and are willing to replace your own previous solutions in favor of new standards that become available
You have a healthy fear of introducing complexity into the system
You are self-motivated in contributing to the underappreciated aspects of a stable system like test coverage and documentation
Benefits of this role
Opportunity to work on modern stack – and to help us continue modernizing it
Our offices around the world are the direct consumers of the digital products we build, so you’ll have direct feedback on the impact of your work
Team culture that values training, social events, and an international and diverse environment
Competitive pay, stellar health benefits, 401k, and unlimited vacation days policy
Why FT Partners?
Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
Heartland Payments in its $4.5 billion sale to Global Payments (NYSE: GPN)
Mercury Payment in its $2.0 billion sale to Vantiv (NYSE:VNTV)
SquareTrade in its $1.4 billion sale to Allstate (NYSE:ALL)
Prosper in its loan purchase agreement with a consortium of investors for up to $5 billion
AmWins in its recapitalization by New Mountain Capital at a $1.3bn valuation
CardConnect in its $750 million sale to First Data (NYSE:FDC)
GreenSky in its $300 million minority investment led by DST, TPG, Wellington Management, and Iconiq
AvidXchange in its $300 million financing from MasterCard (NYSE:MA) , CDPQ, Temasek and Peter Thiel
Mercury Payment Systems in its 60% strategic growth investment by Silver Lake Partners
OzForex in its $480 mm IPO
FleetOne in its $369mm sale to WEX (NYSE:WEX)
Automated Trading Desk in its $680 million sale to Citigroup (NYSE:C)
Lynk Systems in its $525 million sale to The Royal Bank of Scotland
Custom House Ltd. in its $370 million sale to Western Union (NYSE:WU)
Addepar in its $140 financing from Valor Equity Partners, 8VC and Harald McPike
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.Apply
Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer, you will play a major role in designing and implementing features in our next generation SAAS platform, contributing to the transformation of our business.
If you are a highly skilled and motivated developer, with a successful track record of working in large, consumer-facing web infrastructures and are ready for a challenging & rewarding environment, then we want to talk to you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Highly skilled full stack developer assigned to create and maintain complex Internet applications in Python / Django / React
Responsible for scoping, architecting, and implementing new features in our SAAS platform
Work in an iterative development environment using methodologies like CI/CD and containerization to quickly deliver code, gather feedback, and provide value to our users
Work independently or in a team environment, able to collaborate with other developers and members of other departments
Help validate the quality of your and your peers code via testing and code reviews
Exercise judgment, applying creativity and ingenuity in designing and implementing solutions
Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field)
Three plus years of professional experience developing Internet applications within a team environment
Strong experience in designing and implementing architectures for robust, scalable cutting edge web applications
Strong experience creating API endpoints with Python / Django / Django REST Framework
Strong knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL, SQL and schema design
Full life cycle development experience
Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and general DevOps
Experience with source control, preferably Git, and issue tracking systems like Jira
Experience creating unit and functional tests to validate code
Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
Familiarity with agile development processes
Must be self-directed, confident, and have the able to use best-practice development processes effectively
Nice to Have:
Experience with component architecture and design systems, and tools like Storybook
Good understanding of modern CSS (CSS in JS, styled components, CSS Modules)
Good understanding of responsive web design, web accessibility, and web performance
The preferred location for this candidate is in the Boston or Washington D.C. areas, to eventually work out of our Boston or D.C. office in a post COVID world. We are however, open to qualified candidates who would work remotely from their home anywhere in the United States. Hours for this position are based on the eastern time zone.
Many things can hold us back from applying to a job posting. The truth is, there's no such thing as the “perfect” candidate. Skyword is building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, will only complement the team we already have in place. At Skyword every team member can grow and develop. So, please apply if this role inspires you, and would make you want to bring your best to work every day. We’ll bring the rest to make this a memorable experience!