Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Software Engineer Front End Applications
FM is the parent company of Musicbed and Filmsupply, two premium content licensing brands in the filmmaking industry. We represent an elite roster of musicians and filmmakers and place their work in movies, shows, ads, short films, and more. Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, we work with entertainment powerhouses like Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Netflix, MTV, and ESPN; as well as the world’s top brands like Nike, Apple, Google, Lamborghini, and Spotify.
We’re hiring a mid-level React engineer to work on our web applications. These web applications are the way that thousands of creative people around the world find great music and inspiring clips for use in their projects and campaigns.
As part of the Engineering team, your time will be spent collaborating with other front end engineers, back end engineers, product managers and designers to help create the best experience for our customers. The ideal candidate loves tinkering with cutting edge technology and has at least 2 years experience building large scale React applications. You will be able to code out features in React, create quality pull requests and help our front end team stay current with best industry practices.
Here are some example projects that we have worked on recently:
Build a custom audio player that includes the ability to track progress, expands to show additional details and allows users to easily explore our artist catalog.
Enhance the purchase flow with additional payment options and a seamless checkout.
Help maintain a beautiful custom React component library, including reusable components with tailored functionality and consistent design attributes.
The engineering team has a remote-first culture. As such, you will be comfortable working remotely, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to manage your own time. We’re after individuals that are curious about the possibility of technology, are eager to learn, and are diligent and kind. Our teams work well because we place trust in them to succeed. We believe in healthy debate and that great ideas can come from anybody. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to add your own input in our software.
A great candidate will have:
At least 2 years experience developing front end applications with React
Pays attention to detail and overall application design
Enjoys taking a technical spec and building the functional pieces to make it work
Has experience with GIT version control
Experience in any of the following is a bonus:
CSS in JS
Salary and benefits
Salary: Team members are the greatest asset of our company and we invest accordingly with competitive salaries based on market value. We pay mid-level engineers anywhere between $60,000 and $90,000, depending on their experience and impact.
Professional Development: The desire to learn and grow is crucial for every team members so we offer free books and a professional development budget to facilitate growth
Benefits: We cover your medical and disability premiums while offering additional voluntary and family benefits to fit everyone's needs.
Retirement: Planning for a future is important and we want to be a part of helping secure your future beyond your day job. We will match your contributions up to 4%.
Generous Vacation Policy
Work is meant to support life so you will be given 15 days of paid time off each year plus 12 paid company holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Years) to be refreshed and enjoy life.
Technology: You will be set up all you need to do your best work including a top of the lineMacBook Pro and a stipend to set up your home office.
Apply now and work remotely at FMApply
Lead Front End Developer
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for leading our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google * Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
Apply now and work remotely at America's Test Kitchen
Senior Front End Software Engineer
We are looking for a senior frontend software engineer to work in remote or in our London office to write code that performs well, can be easily extended and tested. You will join a rapidly growing team of talented and enthusiastic engineers based around the world.
You should be comfortable owning features with minimal oversight. You produce high quality code and you will ensure that it has all the skills necessary to fulfill your team's mission, with independence and proficiency within Seniorly's cross functional engineering team.
Ultimately, we want mission-driven teammates who care deeply about solving problems efficiently for a large number of people.
We run React and Golang applications on AWS infrastructure. Data is stored in Postgres and Redis. We use cirlce-ci for our CI. We use a mixture of agile methodologies and we release bi-weekly.
You MUST have:
- Advanced skill level in React.
- Advanced skill level in modern web technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of REST APIs.
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD ways.
- Advanced knowledge in Unit and e2e testing.
- Good communication and collaborative skills.
It's DESIRABLE that you have:
- Advanced knowledge of distributed systems, queues, system resilience.
- Experience with real time APIs and Push Notifications.
- Experience with several Agile methodologies.
- Live and have permission to work in the UK
This is a unique opportunity to join a venture-backed growth oriented startup on a mission to help seniors live better. When you apply for this job, drop a note as to why you think you would like working in this industry/domain. If you deeply care about the impact of your everyday work while you take on significant engineering challenges, connect with us. Send us a link showing something you have created.
Apply now and work remotely at Seniorly Inc.Apply